tuscl

Reviews being too explicit

letsgetstarted
New Jersey
Friday, October 11, 2019 12:30 PM
What are the ground rules? Personally I'd like to know as much detail about the mileage as possible. FS, BJ, HJ, etc... Is this encouraged or discouraged here?

30 comments

• shadowcat
    5 years ago
    When it comes to approving reviews, I think we all pretty much agree that mentioning a dancers name in conjunction with extras is pretty much a "no no" and I would reject a review for sure. I go a step beyond in my reviews and simply mention whether the action was good, great, poor, etc.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I like details myself also. If you mention getting any extras then the general rule is that you don't mention the dancer's name or even describe her to where she might be recognized.
  • Corvus
    5 years ago
    I think there is a fine line between good details and being too explicit. At least two clubs I've enjoyed greatly in the recent past have been shut down or completely changed their business model due to raids by LE. No reason to provide anymore help if avoidable. It may be difficult but be careful what you write about.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    "At least two clubs I've enjoyed greatly in the recent past have been shut down or completely changed their business model due to raids by LE." Message to everyone who liked to argue about this way back when, the 2010's called and wanted to let you know the 24 hours news cycle and citizen reporters (we used to call them busybodies, zealots or nosy motherfuckers) have all the LE on edge because they don't want to look foolish if stuff their constituents think is a problem is running wild under their noses. There 2020's wont be any better for that, and posting that Skanky Suzy sucked ur cock on the corner couch maybe helps a guy or two find what he's looking for but also puts a target on that club. Maybe nothing comes of it, or maybe it becomes another ticky tack thing pinned in the scrapbook for a notorious club that just hit the last of its nine lives.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I agree with TFP. Just don't give out the girl's name. I like reading the explicit stuff. But then again, I'm a pervert.
  • joewebber
    5 years ago
    Wallanon has it better. there's LE on these boards gathering info on the clubs all the time. they don't react to one or two. several TER providers were busted based on previous TER reviews, and TER thought it best to remove those profiles. be discreet
  • Richard_Head
    5 years ago
    If you want to get a club shut down, by all means share those details. Personally I don’t need those details. There’s a message system on this site, take it to direct message for details. I have reached out to others on this site and others have reached out to me. Works fine. Don’t kill the golden goose!
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I understand not getting a dancer fired by linking her to extras in a conservative club. Does it really matter though in clubs like Follies, Diamond Dolls, or Dollies? In those clubs it is not extras, but SOP. If the last 40 reviews talk about BJ's behind the beads, who needs protecting? Also, does anyone really believe the crack downs at say Hi Liter were because LE was made aware of something they didn't already know by reading TUSCL. Most of the stuff on here is just erotic fiction, right?
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    I never list explicit details. I might imply them but, if I do, I never link them to a dancers name. If nothing else, this just seems to be both the fair and smart way to treat dancers. I don’t want to put a fave of mine in a position to have strangers greet her with “ I read that you give handjobs for $100”.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Too explicit? This a strip club review site, right? If it too explicit for you, try a more PC site. Damn, PLs talking about too explicit. It is a strip club, dancers take off their clothes for a living and some do more for extra tips. I agree with not mentioning names and connecting them with certain acts. I guess we do not want to offend the PLs who feel reviews are too explicit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah - the point of TUSCL is to inform and share info, o/w it's loses its most effectiveness. Strip clubs get shut down for various reasons, I don't think what is put on a board is the main reason SCs get in trouble - most people that need to know already know what goes on in clubs - in most cases most people (LE or civilians) don't care what happens in SCs unless they start becoming a nuisance or there are some special-interests in the middle (politician looking for a low-hanging fruit; an investor w/ very deep pockets wanting to redevelop the area; etc). If the powers-to-be want a club gone, they don't need TUSCL to get it done.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    From founders review guidelines- "just be careful with names".... What part of being careful with names don't some of you guys understand ?
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    I don't think there are necessarily specific rules now that the approval of reviews has been crowdsourced. Plus, now that you have to be VIP to view reviews in any way, shape or form (you used to be able to see the most recent review), I think it's a little less concerning than it used to be. That said, I always like to tell folks to think of Stringer Bell in "The Wire": [view link] Do you really think it's a good idea to go online, even if you're behind the proverbial seven proxies, and document activity you're doing that's against the law for just about anyone to read? I understand, though, we're trying to be helpful to each other. As such, my solution has been to be creative, and I like posts from guys like HeShootsHeScores who are creative, too. Here are some reviews I've done where I hope you can interpret what acts happened while having some plausible deniability built in. The key is to create posts where folks who can read between the lines can do so while folks who aren't quite as clued in might be confused. I think this is a good path. Atlantis (Chicago), Oct. 2019 - Note how I described the young lady: [view link] Geisha House (Madison, Wis.), April 2018 - The lady and I played a fun "board game": [view link] Penthouse Club (Detroit), June 2014 - The lady and I had a "Russian conversation" (note the first few results when you search "Russian sex act" on your favorite search engine): [view link] And so on. Be discreet, gentlemen. I know we want to help each other, but let's not get ourselves or anyone else in trouble, eh?
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    Not only for law enforcement reasons, but keep dancer names to yourselves for their safety, too. Example: Star has a boyfriend who's okay with her dancing and he may be completely oblivious and unaware of what she's doing at work. One of his friends reads a review about her and shows it to her boyfriend and he beats her or who knows. A boyfriend not knowing what his stripper girlfriend actually does at the club is perhaps unlikely, but that scenario is possible and it does happen. Or if a girl has a pimp and he reads she charged somebody $xxx and only gave him $xx, now he's going to do who knows what because she cheated him out of money. Personally, I enjoy reading the details to see what is going on at clubs I want to work at or check out. Those details are helpful and I think they're okay. Describing a girl is also okay, but please stop dropping names for safety reasons. The private messaging system is there for a reason. Drop names via PM, not in the reviews.
  • laplurker
    5 years ago
    LE is not stupid. They can easily send undercover into a club to find out what happens. Euphemisms like "Russian" or "Greek" or "oral lessons" don't fool anybody either. Conservative areas hate strip clubs in general and are always looking for excuses to shut them down. The liberal cities don't seem to care much about what happens in clubs as long as four rules are observed: 1. No minors either as dancers or customers 2. No drug dealing although a few places tolerate pot which seems risky to me 3. No running scams on the customers 4. No bad publicity (shootings, fights, robberies, etc.); if a club is in the news, then LE feels like they have to do something
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Journalists using explicit review details as part of their news articles is also an issue. And it's often those news articles that get the cops to focus on strip clubs.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    At least two club owners and multiple dancers have profiles on this site. I’d never link a dancer with extras. It’s just bad business.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    "When it comes to approving reviews, I think we all pretty much agree that mentioning a dancers name in conjunction with extras is pretty much a "no no"" I stopped reading this thread as soon as I saw this to which I totally agree but there's always some shit for brains bragging self important stud that thinks it's fine to post the name of a chick but would shit his pants and cry if his name was posted over a similar situation. I called a moron out on this in a local review and received a couple stupid PMs from him because he was too dense to see the damage he was doing.
  • georgebailey
    5 years ago
    There's plenty of ways to guide a visitor without ruining a business and putting someone in danger. I agree with almost every comment under this discussion, but I wish we handled it better. Most posts are great but some reviewers cross the line.
  • letsgetstarted
    5 years ago
    I've just read some recent reviews talking about a dancer singing Billy Joel songs - like that's going to fool somebody. But is that an acceptable way to do this? Recently, I had a dancer offer me just that and I turned it down (being safe these days). But that dancer, even though I have been with her many times, never offered me that before. But that is the kinda detail I'd like to know.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    You mean she actually said “Billy Joel”?
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    I think the Billy Joel thing is actually kind of clever. I'm partial to Turnstiles myself.
  • letsgetstarted
    5 years ago
    The reviewer called it Billy Joel.
  • And that euphemism sounds like the dumbest thing in the world. Just call it a blowjob. Now, when a stripper's going down on me, I'll be humming "Piano Man" to myself. I'm of the thinking that law enforcement is already onto any place that they deem is soliciting illicit services; they don't need TUSCL. Besides, look at that ominous line at the bottom of every page. "Everything on this site should be considered a work of fiction." We're all authors, don't you know?
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    Go ahead and call me naive, but I don't know if LE is as intensely focused on this site as one might think. Here's my thinking: For those of us who love this stuff, it's a passion, a hobby, something that brings joy into our lives, etc. For those who have to fight it ... it's just a job. And I think a lot of them probably don't really care all that much what does or doesn't happen as long as it doesn't lead to anything much worse. Think about when you were in school and you had to do a research paper you didn't really want to do. How deeply did you dig? If you're younger, there's a good chance you probably just tried to find the source materials to backup Wikipedia. If you're older, you might have found a good book on the topic, vaguely changed the phrasing and found other materials to back up what's in the book. I feel like that's how most local authorities approach prosecuting this stuff. So guys pay for services here and there. As long as there's not trafficking or sexual slavery, not that big of a deal, and if there is, that's generally up to higher authorities to find than local cops (and not something you'll find anything out about here). So there's some drug use. There is in a lot of places around clubs. If it's a hub for dealing or regional distribution, then yes, big problem. But again, you don't find out about that here, and again, probably something for higher authorities than the local cops. Same thing for if there's organized leadership, so to speak. Also, there are high hurdles for the burden of proof. Is it worth going through all the runaround for local authorities to not only make busts but then make the courts disprove entrapment? They'll answer calls from annoyed neighbors with streetwalkers. They'll do occasional enforcement. And yes, in some cities, they probably do expect kickbacks. But for the most part, I don't think they care all that much, and if they do catch either a dancer or customer, the owner can always say it was just a bad egg, maybe pay a fine, nail down enforcement of rules for a while and move on. I dunno. Maybe it's my own biases, but I feel like LE has way better stuff to do and usually is doing it. Detroit's a thing because they've made it a target. So be it. I'm not saying we can be explicit. I'm an advocate for sufficiently hiding what we do. But if we at least show we're trying to keep things behind closed doors and out of view of most folks with euphemisms and members-only areas of sites and whatnot, for the most part, I think it's out of sight, out of mind for most, much of LE included. I hope I didn't just jinx myself to be involved with a sting somehow now, but I just don't think it's worth us getting too paranoid over. Careful, yes, such that we do code things and show we're taking steps to keep it out of the mainstream. But not so careful we necessarily don't say anything at all.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    Letsgetstarted, It's not that fucking difficult, dude. Just use the damn acronyms. There's a whole ass page dedicated to them. Give a general description of the girl, don't mention her name. Every review is a work of fiction anyway. Stop being so worried about it and just post your damn review. Just leave names out.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    5 years ago
    Also, as this site is a "work of fiction" , LE can read whatever they want, but they can't use any of this in court or to prosecute. Just like with any other crime, there has to be physical evidence (recording) or they have to witness it themselves (undercovers). These reviews are just words on a website and not physical evidence. With that said, it's still tactless of the reviewer and dangerous to any entertainer for names to be mentioned.
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Agree with Waffle and AJ. Not connecting names to specific acts is to protect and be respectful of the provider and yourself, not the club. LE in all these cities know exactly what's going on inside these clubs. Difficult to prove, prosecute and just not worth their time in most cases unless more significant crimes are being committed as Laplurker points out above 1-4. We can all give enough information in a review and/or be more specific in a PM such that we know what we need to know.
  • groundball
    5 years ago
    Agree with lots of others above. Keep the specific acts in the DM's. Name names for the ROB's that deserve to be avoided. Be vague for the good girls (so they keep their jobs) and the good clubs (so they stay open)
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I do enjoy the details... but I do see the point of not wanting to get the girl into trouble.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion