tuscl

Any tips for dealing with traveller's diarrhea?

Liwet
If she walks away smiling, you spent too much.
Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:08 PM
Got back from TJ and I've had diarrhea for 4 days now.

8 comments

• SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Liwet keep shitting it out of your system. Prevention for the next time is all I got. One key is to avoid all forms of local water intake unless it's been boiled. This means avoid drinking water and ice cubes and mixed drinks and local sodas. Beer is a better fluid since the alcohol will kill most of the bugs in the local water. As to avoiding food intake with bugs that is a bigger challenge. But in all likelihood it was local water that got you, so if you avoid that the chances of getting the shots afterwards goes down.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ the *shits*
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    in over five years i've had no problem with the ice cubes especially in Hong Kong and azul restaurant. hk especially i've had ice cubes in my drinks a lot. in the other bars i tend to drink bottles of cervesa. and no problems with the food. i prefer taco carts that are popular. and azul restaurant.
  • maskedhero04
    5 years ago
    Aw shit I hope I don't have to worry about mixed drinks and sodas with ice cubes... Most accounts show guys drinking mixed drinks with no problem though.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    Taco cart may have given me a mild but short lived stomach ache, but I also had some iced tea at Caesars and some iced coffee at Barristi. 5 days in so far, and my diarrhea is sinking now (it used to float). Pepto Bismol is godly for the symptoms and allowed me to go into work today.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Having done many trips deep into Mexico, I would get it pretty much every time, and would take immodium to reduce the frequency and then just wait it out. Most times it passed after a few days but one time it lasted weeks. Stay hydrated. Eat bland foods (bananas, applesauce, toast, crackers, rice, boiled potatoes). Mostly the big D is caused by amoebas (food borne or water borne) and not bacteria or virus. If you seek drugs from doctor to combat it, doctor will likely prescribe nitroimidazole based drugs that kill amoebas in the bloodstream (prescription names Flagyl, Tindamax, Fasigyn).
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    Don't forget if you tongue kissed the girls who drank local iced 😜.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    I have never had this problem drink bottled water and coffee
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion