tuscl

Pink Pussycat Re-Opening 08/29

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:29 AM
One of the other South Florida TUSCLers might have posted about this already, but just in case...the club is re-opening on Thursday. Never had the pleasure of going to the old club, but I've heard stories about it being quite entertaining. Given the club's location, I'm pretty sure there will at least be a lot to look at. Might have to check it out sometime this weekend.

15 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Where is the pink pussycat?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's about 5-minutes from MIA airport: [view link]
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Never been there
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I'm hoping some Pink Pussy opens this weekend.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Drove by the building today: certainly looks like it's opening. There was a sign out front with the hours: 4 PM - 5 AM. If Dorian decides to go elsewhere, I'll likely check it out sometime this weekend: probably Friday.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    This place was pretty-popular particularly in the 70s and 80s when fancy strip clubs were not that common (not saying Pink Pussycat was fancy, just that it didn't have to compete against nicer clubs more common today) - the club was in the corner of a pretty-busy intersection (particularly during the day) and was painted pink w/ silhouettes drawings of dancers; it kinda stood out and w/ the name it had it wasn't hard to put 2-and-2 together as to what kinda business it was - and it being close to MIA airport helped its business. Club closed ~2010 for w/e reason after being around for a long time - it was a decent club but not necessarily thee club at the time it closed - I don't necessarily see a reason why it would be a good club if it reopens - I assume it will be another super-Cuban-heavy club like many Miami clubs - the club was very-well-known in Miami going back to the 70s so it may have that going for it but I don't anticipate it being some kinda of go-to club when it opens but anything is possible. The club closed circa 2010 and I was not a TUSCLer till early-2012 but I don't think the club ever made it on TUSCL but not sure.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    From what I read, it closed because of activities inside the club. Maybe it is just like so many Miami clubs, but given its location - let's just say it's about a mile away from a "high extras" area - it's going to have to stand out somehow. It looks like parking is going to be a problem, with the lot being small and not much other parking available nearby. One thing I will say: if it has a tip walk, I doubt I'll be there long if I go.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... From what I read, it closed because of activities inside the club ..." Unless it was some kinda serious crime stuff like drug-dealing or money-laundering I doubt it would have been b/c of extras since extras are pretty-much out-in-the-open all over SoFlo - the closure could perhaps have been maybe not having paid taxes, or maybe the club being around a long-time perhaps the original-owner was too-old to run it anymore, or maybe he died, and maybe no one in the family wanted to continue to run it? But I don't know - originally back in 2010-or-so a dancer told me that the old-building was way out of code and why it was shut-down but I doubt that would be a reason for it to be closed all these years since the club did seem to make $$$. Per what I recall there was a tip-parade which is typical of the supa-Cuban places (which this one was, or became since in the early-2000s there were a few black dancers and a decent # of non-Cuban Latinas but w/ time it became almost all Cuban like many of the SoFlo clubs) - and besides the tip-parade they had the funny-money ripoff shit where you got funny-money in exchange for your dollars but you got less than a 1-to-1 ratio (they didn't have an ATM in-house thus funny-money was the only way to keep having fun if you ran out of money) - the dancers also got less than 1-to-1 when they converted funny-money back to dollars - and then there was the issue if you didn't spend all the funny-money then you would kinda lose it unless you visited the club again and remembered you had the funny-money and where you put it. It's kinda weird that there are recent Google reviews for the club even though it hasn't been open for almost 10-years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Pic of the club with the silhouettes of the dancers painted on the outside: [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Checked out the club website and I'm not nearly as enthused as I was. Veronica Rodriguez is going to be there Friday and Saturday, which means they're probably going to try to charge some high cover. Also, the dancer gallery is lacking - not only in quantity, but in quality as well. There are six dancers and they all look thin. Only one looks pretty. I'm sure they'll have more (in both areas), but that website visit wasn't a positive.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Can't really go by the gallery - some clubs have some nice pics on their galleries that don't match the girls at the club - also, most dancers one would think would not want their pics on the club's internet site for the whole world to see - having said this, it seems new clubs usually have a hard-time getting good dancers. I couldn't bring up the club's website; can you post the link.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I was looking for info on Pink Pussycat and couldn't really find any but came across this article from The Sun Sentinel from about 20-years ago that was kinda a walk thru SoFlo strip club history: [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    The link I saw was from, oddly enough, an AVN article hyping the Veronica appearance: [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Oops, let's try that again... [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ 👍
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion