tuscl

Reject or Publish, that IS the question.

Clubber
Florida
Since a few here were offended by my rejection of reviews that DO NOT MEET the TUSCL guidelines, I decided to change my reject/accept criteria.

If a "review" is at LEAST 8 lines of text, I'll let it slide to those that don't give a S&$* about the guidelines. Under 8, I reject!

14 comments

5 years ago
    Eight sentences or 8 lines? On a cell phone screen 8 lines isn’t very many.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    I just rejected one that was two paragraphs of incoherent rambling that had nothing to do with the strip club. Length is no guarantee of information.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Lol. I generally don’t look much into review publishing except every once in a while. But I’ve been enjoying reading individuals get riled up over this on the board, and I may join in on strictly enforcing the TUSCL guidelines as well. 😈
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    OP rejected a review of Mons that contained just about everything just because it wasn’t long enough even though it contained a ton of facts. #dumbass
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Seven lines of text on a laptop or desktop doesn't take up as much room on a screen as on a cell phone.

Some people may think they have written more so they approve on a cell phone if the review has details. IMO content is more important than length. Ideally you get both.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Clubber, I sometimes would approve something you rejected, but that’s ok. That’s how the system is supposed to work. I even told you in that other thread to keep on doing what you do. I like you and generally agree with you. So, take this in the well meaning way it’s intended: you’re being a little bitch. Don’t compromise the review system just because you disagree with how others evaluate and they disagree with you. Just take a break if you need to.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    To me the guidelines are, well, a guide. To me that doesn't mean hard and fast rules. If the review has useful info I'll approve it. If I approve one that's missing a lot of info I'll mention in the comments some of the info I'd like to have seen. I've approved very short reviews where they cram some useful info in just a few lines and rejected novel length reviews that didn't give any useful info.

Agree with Jimmy that we don't all have to agree on the standards, that's how the system works. I think OP is often overly picky but I prefer that to when reviews get published where it's obvious those who voted to publish didn't actually read the review. Those are usually the long rambling reviews that don't say anything.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I would defend your right to judge as you see fit. Guidelines are useful, but I tend to be on the "useful info" side of the debate.

I could create a guideline perfect review of a club like Baby Dolls Dallas just by consolidating past reviews without ever even going to the club.

However, a short review that tells me very specific useful info gets an upvote from me. Really, what is more useful? Another description of the seven stages or the knowledge that a waitress shorted my change for a $50. A description of the bathroom troll and DJ annoyance factor or that Nina the Latina promised full service if I did the $450 VIP and then provided a 30 minute air dance.

Yeah, I get the two aren't mutually exclusive, you can get a complete review with useful info, but why throw away good intel because it wasn't 7 or 8 lines long? I would approve a one sentence review if it said "Be careful with the blonde with the lazy eye because her BBBJ gave me chlamydia."
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    FYI,

My 8 lines are on my desktop with the browser full screen. Just did a word count of a marginal one that I would let pass. 260 words.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Justin,

I go by the guidelines set by founder, somewhat amended by we TUSCLers. You see, when I am a guest somewhere, I follow the host's rules, OR go elsewhere.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I would add to that we don't all need to agree, but I find objectionable those folks that just approve anything don't seem to bother to read the reviews at all, the reason certain individuals approve or not, seems to warrant an explanation, that goes beyond see the guidelines. There also certain individuals that just approve because they don't read or don't know shit.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I’ve see a bunch of shitty reviews get published. So I think that a counter to that trend is a good thing.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

You are correct there, my friend!
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @Clubber, no don't stop. Then *I* have to be the TUSCL bad guy who rejects everything that doesn't mention how clean the restroom is!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion