tuscl

MRI

Clubber
Florida
Had a MRI done on my knee yesterday. LOTS of noise and about 20-30 minutes. I've had a back and shoulder done before, but nothing like this one. The shoulder was an open MRI.

Guess they are all different. Learn something new every day.

7 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Getting old sucks only thing worse is the alternative.
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    You can always avoid getting old by volunteering to be lion chow. How do you do that? Insult a rick of course! ROAR!!!
  • rickthevulture
    5 years ago
    Testify rick my friend. After the old and infirm become lion chow they can sit in the sun a few days until they’re good and ripe. Then they’re yummy yummy yummy in my vulture tummy tummy tummy!

Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Several years ago I had a complete body MRI. Talk about claustrophobic!!!. I was happy when they pulled me out after 40 minutes but then they just turned me around and pushed me back in again for another 40 minutes. All they found was some arthritics in my spine. I think I'd rather die than go through that again.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Sometimes, getting a preventive scan can give false positives, which lead to expensive, risky, and unnecessary further tests.

I’ve had some physical pain recently and, rather doing an MRI, I went straight to physical therapy. That seems to be working. It pays to stay active in your senior years.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Maybe your shoulder was sore from being a downvoting twat.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    sc,

My back I was in a tube. The tech stood at my head and talked with me the whole time. Without him being there, I'd have been like you. The worse thing was having my arms in the tube. This time the tube was bigger and again my head was out and I could cross my arms on my chest. Wasn't bad, but I was ready to get out!

Being claustrophobic is not a joke. That and heights are not good to me. My father could never understand how I don't like heights, but jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion