tuscl

OT: Started watching TV again 3 weeks ago after 5 year hiatus.

Nidan111
Somewhere in MO.
Saturday, August 17, 2019 9:43 PM
Tonight, watching JASON BOURNE. This is the only one in the series that I have not seen. I love this series of movies. Not sure why, but I do. Maybe it’s the good guy against all odds theme. Perhaps it is the martial arts in the movies. I studied, participated in, taught, competed in and published articles in martial arts and self defense for over 40 years. I have taken a 5 year break from that as well. The Bourne Series is so fun for me to watch. It is so unbelievable, but fun nonetheless. He takes on the entire CIA and always wins. The most I have ever had to take on was 6 on one and I Don’t even remember the confrontation. All I have is eye witnesses who told me what happened. The 5 on one confrontation is one that I do remember, but I only see shadows of the attackers in my mind and I broke my damn hand. My “technique “ was for shit and definitely not like I taught in my classes with exception of the mental determination to win. It was a total of probably 45 seconds that felt like hours because I mentally slowed everything down to be able to see what I was confronting. Funny how that in true self defense... fancy technique goes out the window... assholes and elbows is what counts in real life defense. The mental preparation really is 90 percent of the victory. I only hope that I can perform now as I did then (14 years ago), but I seriously doubt it. As I get older, I find myself reflecting on my past attributes. Sometimes, it is quite depressing. But, with age, comes other types of knowledge and I take solace in that.

3 comments

• Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I liked the Bourne series but not the Jason Bourne movie. I liked the way the Bourne series ended and it felt like Jason Bourne was a movie which did not need to be made.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Yeah. Same basic storyline, but I did enjoy it. The vodka and popcorn may have been part of my enjoyment.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Just like alcohol makes certain women more attractive, alcohol makes certain movies more watchable.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion