tuscl

OT: When Epstein Was Cosmo’s Bachelor of the Month

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Long before Jeffrey Epstein boasted of his billionaires-only client list—and long before his arrests for molesting underage girls in Florida and New York—the perverted financier was an eligible bachelor in the glossy pages of Cosmopolitan.

In July 1980, Epstein was featured as the magazine’s “Bachelor of the Month,” a tiny section advertising successful single men across the country. At the time, the future sex-offender was a Bear Stearns trader and asked potential dates to write him at the investment bank's former headquarters in Lower Manhattan.

Epstein also claimed to speak only to millionaires, a prelude to his high-rolling lifestyle that included hobnobbing with Donald Trump, Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew, and amassing a collection of posh homes in Palm Beach, New York, Paris, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The personals ad, which included a photo of Epstein in a suit, portrayed him as a “New York dynamo” seeking “a cute Texas girl.”

“Financial strategist Jeffrey Epstein, 27, talks only to people who make over a million a year!” the listing declared. “If you’re ‘a cute Texas girl,’ write this New York dynamo at 55 Water St., 49th floor, N.Y.C. 10041.”

It’s unclear if anyone met Epstein through the Cosmopolitan writeup. Media representatives for the magazine didn’t return messages left by The Daily Beast.

One month after Epstein’s Cosmo debut, Bear Stearns placed an ad in The Wall Street Journal naming employees who made limited partner, including Epstein. But the former Dalton teacher left the firm in 1981, sometime after he was accused of financial chicanery that allegedly involved lending a friend $20,000 to buy stock.

Pic of Epstein when he was 27 in the link of the article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/epstein-cosmo…

1 comment

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    People like Epstein often market themselves as being much bigger deals than they really are. In the early 1980's I read an article in The Chicago Tribune that featured the Chicago's "most eligible bachelors." One young man described himself as an "executive" in the same corporation I worked for. I had never heard of this person. I looked him up in the company directory and he was at the same management level as me, which was far from executive level.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion