tuscl

Clubbing during a national disaster

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Saturday, July 6, 2019 3:56 AM
Was anyone in a strip club last night when the 7-pointer struck south CA, or during the 6-pointer earlier in the week? I have always wanted to experience an earthquake - to see what it is like when the normally solid and immobile earth beneath my feet begins to heave and rock like a small boat. Also, unlike tornadoes and hurricanes, you can resume activities in the club almost immediately after the events subsides (assuming no or minimal damage). Also, does anyone think this might be just another foreshock for a still larger quake?

17 comments

• shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I lived in So Cal for 42 years and Japan for 2 years. So I have felt my share of earth quakes. My room made in Japan was from Boston. The first time we had a good quake I just laid in my bunk but he was terrified. Ran out of the room. down the stairs and out the door as fast as 2 legs could take him.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I was in SoCal but I think the shit happened at 1030or some shit I don’t think any clubs would be open then. I was driving at the time and didn’t notice it.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    @gammanu95: "I have always wanted to experience an earthquake - to see what it is like when the normally solid and immobile earth beneath my feet begins to heave and rock like a small boat." Trust me, you don't.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Was in San Diego for the 6.4. It was only about a 2.8 there. I didn't feel it but others around me did.
  • gothamyte
    5 years ago
    yeah i was one of those folks who 'always wanted to experience an earthquake' until i experienced one. yo, i don't ever wanna experience another one. one was enough.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    It hit at 8:19....the last two days have been crazy with people thinking "the big one" will hit soon
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Small earthquakes happen in CA all the time. Every few months there will be one which some people feel. When it happens you can go to USGS online or to talk radio. Eventually they will figure out where the epicenter was. It might not have been that small, if it were very far away. And when one happens, no one knows if that were it, or if that was just a pre-shock. Still impossible to predict when earthquakes will come. As far as staying in a strip club, I would say that one does want to do some basic safety checking outside, looking for foundation damage, broken water pipes, and downed electric wires. One also has to consider that the roads and phone lines will be clogged, and emergency responders will be vastly overloaded. So there are collateral dangers. But earthquakes like that are only about once a decade. If you want ecstatic experiences with you girl, need to find them other ways. SJG Robin Trower -- Hannah [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Hurricanes and tornadoes are very dangerous. But you do have some warning about them. SJG
  • lopaw
    5 years ago
    No, gammanu, you really don't. I've experienced many quakes, big and small, including the Northridge one and it's not fun. It's nothing that anyone should really want to experience. It's unnerving, unsettling, and dangerous as hell. Be glad that you HAVEN'T felt one.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    The Loma Prieta quake in 89 was the biggest I've experienced. I was a kid and that was easily the scariest night of my life. Trust me, you do NOT wanna experience that. To worry about if the building you're in will collapse, falling structures and shattering windows. I could only imagine what the folks who were riding BART through the transbay tube felt like. And all those poor souls lost when the Cypress freeway collapsed. Which is why they got rid of nearly all the double decker freeways. Also the Oakland side of the Bay bridge collapsing, which caused them to build an entire new eastern span. [view link] Hope to never experience something like that again. We've had some smaller jolts since then but so far 'the big one' hasn't hit. I remember after the 89 quake they predicted that the big one would hit before the turn of the century. They were wrong.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    I was in honkkong
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @countryman5434 Did you feel it? The earthquake, I mean.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Talked to some PG and E guys today, installing a new gas line. I remember from the helicopter photos of the Northridge Earthquake. We saw squares of 4 apartment buildings burned to the ground. It was because a natural gas feed broke, up stream of the shut off. Or maybe down stream, but too hot to get to the shut off. These made pillars of fire higher than the street lights. And the fire dept will not approach until the gas is off. I had even back then made some calls to KGO Radio host Bill Watenberg. Why not more shut offs. PG and E told me that to get to one buried under the street, min time 30min. And there was concern about all the pilot lights, if they shut the gas off. Well today they showed an "excess flow shut off". It is a little section of plastic pipe. Inside a spring based shut off if there seems to be a leak. Once leak is fixed, then through a seep hole pressure will equalize and it reopen. So each connection, each house, has one. Then they also have WiFi shut offs now. Also with the plastic pipes, you just shut it off with squeezing pliers. Most stuff does not have pilot lights anymore, electrical controls, so they are much more inclined to shut off gas than before. Natural gas would otherwise be dangerous. I had thought about building a house, but trying to eliminate natural gas. Not really necessary today. Though much is now also being done with solar. SJG
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    When in Ohio, I did walk over from the hotel to a SC on the evening of 9/11.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Been in San Jose Pink Poodle on Good Friday, and been in Sunnyvale Hip Hugger ( gone now ) when electricity was off and they were using candles. SJG
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    5 years ago
    I was in a club in Baltimore city during the riots a couple of years ago. Several of us were watching the coverage on the club’s TVs, including a bartender whose brother was on the police force. The club was near an Interstate highway, so I had no issue getting home.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    How are those Baltimore Clubs? Back room FS? Front Room makeout sessions? Walk a girl out the front door mid shift? SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion