tuscl

What's a Strip Club without Dollar Bills?

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
A cashless society will not be good for strippers.

https://jezebel.com/whats-a-strip-club-w…

14 comments

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    that’s a troubling article.
  • Musterd21
    5 years ago
    If your card has a chip (and all new cards do). I am sure you can find a slot in which to put it!
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Interesting
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I don't like it.... I understand the supposed premise behind tracing monetary transactions, but I think there are ulterior motives. Private corporations spy on us for profit and sell info or voluntarily give it to the gov and law enforcement agencies... The US has a domestic espionage service the KGB or SS could only ever dream of....

Ironically, the only people free from having their finances used against them legally, are the super rich Russian, Chinese, South African criminals engaging in money laundering... Coz it looks better for politicians and judges to have a record of prosecuting poor brown and black people...
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Dancers will tattoo their bitcoin wallet QR code on themselves
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Strip clubs depend on cash, and not being fed into reverse ATM machines, cash just being passed person to person.

SJG
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    I know Palazio in Austin had me sign something once that all dance dollars I cash in will get reported to the IRS. And that being caught using apps like Venmo, etc will result in instant termination.

So for higher end clubs it’s already a non issue. As for mid tier down, that will be interesting.

My guess is that club staff in those places will be more lax about any type of app, including whatever helps protect privacy the most.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ What happens if someone just hands you money, maybe bigger than $1, so you don't have to cash it in?

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ The bad stuff is when they use these reverse ATM machines, so even the bigger money is tracked.

And then of course these digital systems are a lost cause from the very start.

SJG
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^It’s not the future yet. Customers can still go to ATMs and I get money in cash just fine still.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Maybe this new club had you sign that notice, just so they can protect themselves from allegations from the feds.

SJG
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^ I wouldn’t be surprised.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In my opinion its better if a club can separate its own money from the dancers' money.

So maybe raise the cover charge, but then drop their cut of the Booth and VIP fees, and drop the dancer access fee.

But maybe they could say that dancers are really the same as customers, and so they pay a cover charge.

This way, dancers can do it more whatever way they want, such as more front room and less use of booths and backrooms unless really needed. Has no effect on house's money. Things go faster that way, money flows easier.

No more, "wanna dance", instead its just like in our underground, the dancers just do, and try to then meter in money. Dancers insist they get more that way. Less talk, just action. No house cut.

And then when dancers are really just customers, more plausible deniability for what they might do.

And no reason to worry about schedules and they can come and go as they please.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Nicespice, does this Palazio require the use of spray paint?

I remember you posted about some membership strip club, I think Austin. Should be better.

SJG

Effect Matrix
    http://www.effectmatrix.com/

Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs (Full Album) HQ Sound 480p HQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2afD0B0…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion