tuscl

Western Esotericism, Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Masonry

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:11 PM
Stephan Hoeller, long term highly regarded in Southern California [view link] Access to Western Esotericism (SUNY series in Western Esoteric Traditions) Antoine Faivre [view link] Tobias Churton, and extremely prolific writer, and always quite challenging: [view link] SJG Interim Thread Locator [view link]

190 comments

• san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Really Good! Magic, A Road to Self - Lecture by Stephan A Hoeller [view link] SJG
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Pretentious bullshit.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Jackslash, are you someone who opposes Kabbalah on that kind of a basis? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    John Algeo: The Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry [view link] John Algeo is a past President of the Theosophical Society [view link] His thesis, connecting ancient mysteries and freemasonry is similar to something Manly Palmer Hall has written about. John Algeo: Who Are the Founders? Chaos, Plan, and Order in the Society's History [view link] SJG Republican Anti-Abortion Crusade, a new Culture War for 2020 Election [view link] Why TUSCL? [view link] bang69 Decriminalizing prostitution [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Reincarnation explored / John Algeo (1987) lots of other theosophical books, just not in libraries. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    There Is No Religion Higher Than Truth [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    John Algeo: The Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry [view link] I cannot even imagine a better sort of person for the Theosophical Society to have had as President, than this John Algeo. He is a past President. They seem to have order successions too. Except for the founders, people serve finite terms, they usually are stepping down while still young enough to do other things. Remember I only looked into the Theosophical Society because of a dream. I dreamed of being in a book store for something. But not sure what or where. Might have been SJ Rosicrucian Order AMORC, but I decided know. Thought it might have been Ananda. Listened to some videos, reminded me how much I dislike Ananda. Indian flavored version of New Though, a denial system. Not read their founder's book. Maybe it is good, but the group and the members I cannot stand. So finally I thought of the Ojai Krotona. Been to Ojai, but not on their property. Yes, they have a book store. I did not even know about Wheaton Illinois. Had read bad stuff about Blavatsky. But also read how she is really the basis for all of these Esoteric Groups. Not sure if I would ever want to be a member. May have ideas I do not go along with. But I do want to learn from all of their stuff. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    John Algeo: Who Are the Founders? Chaos, Plan, and Order in the Society's History [view link] SJG Trump visit to London [view link] Richard Branson, want to read some about him, and by him [view link] Founder, Thank You For Making The Recent Changes [view link] Founder why are blocked posters now able to post on threads [view link] AOC Calls for: [view link] Western Esotericism, Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Masonry, Templars [view link] Robert Kiyosaki [view link] Republican Anti-Abortion Crusade, a new Culture War for 2020 Election [view link] Nondenominational magic [view link] Bible and related materials [view link] “Impeachment of Trump is a loosing effort; “His base will be energized, if not infuriated, by what these ‘traitors’ are trying to do to their defender.” [view link] Conservative vs. Liberal [view link] OT: I think hot young chicks like admiring themselves more than being admired by guys [view link] Spree Shooting! [view link] The floor dances at Hi-Liter suck shit [view link] What's your dream car?? [view link] Thelema & the Decriminalization of Sex Work [view link] Elliot Rodger, Isla Vista Shooter 2014 [view link] Why TUSCL? [view link] Americans are under-educated [view link] Some of u still love ur wives. But 4 the rest of u, what was it that made u fall out of lobr with ur wife? Why did u think you didn't anticipate this would hap [view link] Trump Totally Wrong About Border and Wall [view link] Ancient Philosophy [view link] OT: Anglo-American Philosophy from Hobbes forward [view link] OT: Book Publishing Industry [view link] Icey Loco's Official Fashion Advice Thread... [view link] Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, is on fire! [view link] United States Ranked, State by State [view link] Let the debauchery begin! Going to Indianapolis this weekend! [view link] Vocels (Voluntary Celibates) [view link] Stripper grade hotties: fact or myth [view link] The Life of Kids Today [view link] Roderigo the Robe Man -- Coming to the United States ( fiction in installments ) [view link] Pulsations of the Known Universe [view link] Car Keys and Wallet Dating [view link] OT: Assembler, C/C++, Embedded Systems, Machine Architectures, Development Systems, JTAG, Rust [view link] So What Do Women Like To Read? [view link] Crazy Women, and in Strip Clubs too [view link] UBI ( Universal Basic Income ) [view link] The Ultimate Thread: SJG's Soap Box [view link] OT: Mathematics [view link] R Programming Langauge [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    John Algeo recommends that if you want to read Blavatsky's Isis Unveiled, read this Michael Gomes abridgement. [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ Only 291 pages, down from Blavatsky's two volumes and 1200 pages. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The secret doctrine / H. P. Blavatsky ; abridged and annotated by Michael Gomes (2009) But not so easy to get. SJG Feminism [view link] John Algeo, this guy is really good [view link] John Algeo: The Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So here, see this 3 cornered structure? [view link] Temple of the People [view link] Seems by the street names to have been something of the Theosophical Society, called Halcyon. A community? Did it break off, when and why? Does it still operate? Arroyo Grande, 10 miles north of Santa Maria. [view link] Says it is a 125 acre unincorporated intentional theospophical community, found 1898. Connects to the founder of Varian and the development of the Klystron tube. official site: [view link] Seems to have Sunday services and a 2019 copyright on its web page. There is a book about it: Eleanor L. Shumway and Karen M. White’s visual history book Images of America: Halcyon And they have other books from their org [view link] history with leadership to the present [view link] Posts on their web site as recently as July 2018 Events as recently as last Nov. And current calendar of regular events on going. classes and healing services daily. Close to Pismo Beach, Oceano, equal short distance from Highway 101 and Highway 1 Phone number and online contact forum. [view link] My, the curious things one finds. SJG Holly Sullivan McClure: Cathars, the Good Christians [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Joy Mills: The Secret Doctrine---100 Years Later [view link] ^^^ part 1 of many parts, done in 1988. Original Secret Doctrine was 2 volumes, 1200 pages. but their own publishing house puts out this 260 page abridgement. I believe I have looked it over once before. An abridgement of The secret doctrine [by] H.P. Blavatsky; edited by Elizabeth Preston and Christmas Humphreys Wheaton, IL : Theosophical Publishing House, 1967, c1966 SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So A. E. Waite was a bonafide British Occultist, 19th Century Golden Dawn Alumni. I think some find his books dry. But he has written so many! focusing on a subset of his writtings: The unknown philosopher; the life of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin and the substance of his transcendental doctrine have this, 1940, but might not have copies available. Three famous mystics: Saint-Martin / by Arthur Edward Waite ... Jacob Boehme, by W.P. Swainson; Swedenborg, by W.P. Swainson. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So might be able to get the one book on Saint-Martin but not the one on Swedenborg and Boehme. So what can I find ? Remember, Swedenborg was someone who kept mistresses. Swedenborg Emanuel 1688 1772 Connects Swedenborg to Balzac ! Swedenborg : an introduction to his life and ideas / Gary Lachman (2012), Lachman is always extremely good. Founding bass player for Blondie as well. also The hidden levels of the mind : Swedenborg's theory of consciousness / Douglas Taylor ; with an essay by Reuben P. Bell (2011) Godwin, Joscelyn , she writes extremely interesting stuff. Boehme Jakob 1575 1624 far less books available Science, meaning, & evolution : the cosmology of Jacob Boehme / by Basarab Nicolescu (1991) ^^^^ so originally in French and with preface by Joscelyn Godwin. Looks real good! SJG Stupid Books You've Been Assigned To Read? [view link] Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite [view link] LULU / TO SIR WITH LOVE (1967) [view link] Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Young Girl & Lady Will Power - (Stereo TV Remaster - 1968) [view link] A book says that a young Bruce Springsteen strongly identified with The Animals and these two songs: The Animals - It's My Life [view link] The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place (1965) HD/widescreen ( obvious lip sync. Heard this recording many times. In the intro I feel that Burdon sounds like Elvis Presley. [view link] Van McCoy & Pan's People » Do the Hustle (1975) ( some nice hotties, 5 of them ) [view link] Eric Burdon & War - Spill The Wine ( remember that in the 60's it was just AM radio, so all the pop genres were together. It was later in the 70's that they separated, largely because of FM radio. And the primary dividing line was race. ) [view link] The Rolling Stones - Anybody Seen My Baby [view link] MONTROSE ROCK THE NATION [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Richard Smoley: The Future of Esoteric Christianity [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Smoley has a very high regard for: [view link] He also likes Gurdjieff and Gnosis by Boris Mouravieff, and Meditations on the Tarot. Gospel of Shri Ramakrishna SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Stephan Hoeller: Hermeticism and Gnosticism---Volume 1: Part 1 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Gnosticism [view link] Coptic Orthodoxy [view link] Alexandria Gnostics, AMORC [view link] Alexandrian School [view link] Thelemic Knights Gnostic Church [view link] Women in Thelema (great picture) [view link] Sex Magic Sites [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Stephan Hoeller: Hermeticism and Gnosticism---Volume 2: Part 2 [view link] Paulist Biblical Commentary, prepub price only $99.95 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Listening to All Souls UU NYC [view link] They are reflective for sure. and Galen Guengerich is really interesting. But they are not gnostic. It doesn't go that far. So they are not really compatible with Christian Esotericism or with the Theosophical Society. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Rethinking Gnosticism [view link] Stephan Hoeller says that the above book is just academic nit picking. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Pablo Sender: Introduction to Theosophy [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    This Kurt Leland is interesting: [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Will have soon: The Liberal Catholic Church : an analysis of a hybrid sect / Warren Christopher Platt. (1982) BAPS temple, Barlett Illinois [view link] [view link] SJG
  • JDisRight
    5 years ago
    A fucking moron
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ JDisRight? You got your head up your ass or what? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The chakras : an authoritative edition of the groundbreaking classic / C.W. Leadbeater ; foreword by Anodea Judith ; annotations and afterword by Kurt Leland (2013) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Arcane School, founded by Alice Bailey 1923 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Kathleen Rude - Hope in Action: How to Face the Mess We're in Without Going Crazy [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    This new video is the most openly progressive political presentation I have ever seen from the Theosophical Society. [view link] So I guess maybe it is not then, yet another "Opiate of the Masses". SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    THE GNOSTIC WORLDVIEW - A Lecture by LAURENCE CARUANA [view link] Talks about "The Gnostic Religion" by Hans Jonas The gnostic religion : the message of the alien God & the beginnings of Christianity / Hans Jonas. ( Beacon Press edition ) Gnosis - Secrets of the Kabbalah [view link] SJG Hannah [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    "The Gnostic Religion" by Hans Jonas The gnostic religion : the message of the alien God & the beginnings of Christianity / Hans Jonas. ( Beacon Press edition ) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sounds extremely good, as also is this video: [view link]
  • TrollWarnBot
    5 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    deconick, april [view link] Saying her books paint Gnosticism as a countercultural movement. Also, besides Elaine Pagels we also have Kurt Rudolf We also have Stephan Hoeller and Miquel Conner Cool Book Cover! [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The Liberal Catholic Church : an analysis of a hybrid sect / Warren Christopher Platt. 1982 Made by photocopying from the microfilming of a Columbia Univ. Doctoral Dissertation. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    BAPHOMET (Alchemy & Kabbalah) [view link] talks about a subject of long interest to me, Ezekiel and Cherubim. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Samael Aun Weor [view link] Tarot and Kabbalah : the path of initiation in the sacred Arcana : the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to the esoteric sciences within all religions / Samael Aun Weor [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The Liberal Catholic Church : an analysis of a hybrid sect / Warren Christopher Platt. 1982 Made by photocopying from the microfilming of a Columbia Univ. Doctoral Dissertation. Okay, so this is even more interesting than I had expected. Platt is an Episcopalian Priest. In 1982 he was completing a doctorate in Religion, at Columbia University. He decided to study this LCC. He did a very good job. Shows his questionnaires LCC does not ordain women! Hard to imagine that, especially with the huge role which Annie Bessant played in getting it going. They ask in questionnaire if members had involvement in Christian Science, Divine Science, Religious Science, Unity School of Christianity, Swedenborgian Church The first four we have locally, and they and their people go right up my spine. Cannot stand them. Taken in more recent times to just telling them off if they try to speak to me. Of the fifth, there is one in San Francisco. Did not know that it was really a church. Want to learn more about it. And Swedenborg did keep mistresses. Now, of the book, at this time I want to record some of its references. But not sure how easy it would be to obtain many of these, except maybe for going to Ojai CA. John Wilson, Religion in American Society: The Effective Presence, 1978 Peter F. Anson, Bishops At Large, 1964 C. C. Martindale, Theosophy, 1913 Eric S. Taylor, The Liberal Catholic Church: What Is It?, 1966 James Ingall Wedgwood, founding Bishop of LCC. Along with Leadbeater, Bishop Piggot was another funding Bishop. Parry and RIvett, An Introduction to the Liberal Catholic Church. Irving S. Cooper, Theosophy Simplified, 1979 --- Ceremonies of the Liberal Catholic Rite., 1964 Geoffrey Hodson, another leading Bishop and Theosophist Frank Waters Piggot, another leader Charles C. Wicks, The Liberal Catholic Church and Some Facets of Its Doctrine, 1977 Leadbeater, The Science of the Sacraments ( the reason they don't ordain women ) Alvin Boyd Kuhn, Theospohy: A Modern Revival of Ancietn Wisdom, 1930 Jinarajadasa, C., The Law of Christ, 1947 Sheehan, Teaching and Worship of the Liberal Catholic Church. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Arthur M. Coon, The Seven Rays and the Holy Eucharist, 1939 Pigott, Frank Waters J. Brian Parry and Ronald A. Rivett Max Weber, "Religious Rejections of the World and Their Dimensions, in Essays in Sociology. page 295 " The analysis of the Liberal Catholic Church as an established sect also takes into consideration the polarization of the Church between the categories of gnostic sect and catholic sect. The Church's theology (imbued with theosophical principles), ethos (concerned with the cultivation of esoteric understandings), and spirituality ( incorporating individualistic and intuitional approaches), all reflect the characteristics of the gnostic sect. The Church's liturgical formulae, symbolism, and polity, however reflect the patterns of the catholic sect.... " Short of going to Ojai, not seeing any easy way of getting most of the above references. But have in hand now and will be reading soon: "Christian Gnosis" by C. W. Leadbeater. This is a Quest Books edition, with Introduction by Richard Smoley SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Pope to Old Catholic Bishops of Utrecht: It's about forgiveness and reconciliation [view link] The Liberal Catholic Church : an analysis of a hybrid sect / Warren Christopher Platt. 1982 So Platt speaks of the Theosophical Bishops in Utrecht. Just learning about this, but it sounds like these Catholic Bishops in the Netherlands started to pull away from Rome around 1850, over the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception, and then in 1870 with the Vatican I conference and the doctrine of Papal Infallibility. So somehow the Theosophical Society got in there. Remember, most of the Esoteric Groups of that era were drawing from Blavatsky. So what would be the Liberal Catholic Church started in 1916 and started using that name in 1918, and then Annie Besant in particular would bring it to the US, and to Ojai. Utrecht is in full communion with the Anglicans. [view link] [view link] [view link] Now of the 4 metaphysical groups which I dislike, most of the Liberal Catholic Church people do not come from that. And none come from the thing I find interesting, the Swedenborgians. Overall to me, the LCC people do believe in Theosophy, but they otherwise look quite ordinary. For example age and marriage rates look to me about the same as the general US population. Its not a way out group. Theosophy really has had a strong influence. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    These guys are out there: [view link] ⭐️The Fire of Kundalini Gnostic †eachings [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Early Christian History, Gnosticism [view link] Gnosticism of the Evangelicals [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The Liberal Catholic Church : an analysis of a hybrid sect / Warren Christopher Platt. 1982 So in Utrecht Netherlands the bishops objected to the doctrine of Immaculate Conception (1850), and even more so to the doctrine of Papal Infallibility (1870 Vatican I ). So they separated and started the Old Catholic Church. They are then similar to Anglicans and Eastern Orthodox. And they came to be in full communion with the Anglicans. They don't necessarily refute that the Bishop of Rome is the Supreme Bishop, but they do reject his infallibility and absolute authority. So a key figure is Arnold Harris Mathew, ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1877, but then becoming Anglican, but then finding his true mission to be founding the Old Catholic Church in Britain, to provide an alternative to Roman Catholicism and Anglicanism. So on 4/28/1908 in Utrecht they consecrated him as bishop and in charge of the Old Catholic Church in Britain and Ireland. So Mathew was then ordaining his own priests and bishops, and not necessarily upholding any standard for training and competence. And then Theosophists were getting in, and getting ordained. Not clear that Mathew knew much about Theosophy. Peter F. Anson, "Bishops at Large" 1964 Bishops at large / by Peter F. Anson ; with an introduction by Henry St. John Mathew had a hard time getting members. On August 6, 1915, he wrote a letter telling the Theosophists to leave. But on July, 22 1913, Mathew had ordained James Ingall Wedgewood as a priest. In 1916, Wedgewood was made bishop. But by late 1915 Mathew resigned and announced his submission to the Roman See. page 27 "By virtue of the juridical vacuum created by Mathew's abandonment of his office, the theosophical clergy were able to gain control of the old Catholic Church and thus establish formally a Catholic church informed by theosophical principles and guided in the creation of its symbol structure by the insights of pre-Christian and eastern religions. Most interesting that Blavatsky's ideas have had such a fast spreading and long lasting influence. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Pretty much finished with: The Liberal Catholic Church : an analysis of a hybrid sect / Warren Christopher Platt. 1982 For the first time in reading this I am starting to feel that there is something wrong with this Liberal Catholic Church and its founders. Remember this was happening around 1916 to 1922. So this was like 15 years after the death of Blavatsky, and almost as long after the publication of Besant's "Esoteric Christianity". Alot of the build up of the Liberal Catholic Church was because they cast the young Jidu Krishnamurti into the role of World Avatar. He was right to reject this, 1929. So my concern here is when they start talking about Science, saying that their spirituality is Science. What that sounds like is Divine Science, Religious Science, and Christian Science. This stuff all came about in that same era. It just gives power to the leader, makes it like their ideas are proven objective reality. And then worse, it is like Word Faith Pentecostalism. This is Christian Fundamentalism, but as observers have noted, it uses the Bible as window dressing, applied to an Easter sort of thinking. So its like, you do something for God, like call out his name 25 times per day, and then maybe he will do something for you. I don't think Eastern Religion is really like this, its more like popular superstition. Anyway, so done with the book, just want to record some more references. Except maybe as a curiosity, don't think I would want to affiliate with the Liberal Catholic Church. page 65, "The Liberal Catholic Church aims at being a gnostic church ... in the sense of helping its member to attain for themselves this certainty of knowledge which is the true gnosis of which St. Clement of Alexandria wrote. The ancient path of purification, illumination and union, which in olden times brought the candidate to this certainty, is still open for his treading" Lots of books mentioned: Jinarajadasa, "The Law of Christ" 1947 Robert S. Ellwood jr, Alternative Altars: Unconventional and Eastern Spirituality in America, 1979 SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In hand now, Christian Gnosis. by C. W. Leadbeater. This was first published by the Theosophical Society, 1983, and then this is a second 2011 edition. But Leadbeater lived from 1854 to 1934. So he was roughly the same age as Annie Besant, and she was his major supporter. Looks like the book is basically Leadbeater's essays, not originally a book. Not sure when the essays were written, maybe the 1920's? So here what I read: talk about 1 Cor 2:7 here NABRE 2:6-9 6Yet we do speak a wisdom to those who are mature, but not a wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age who are passing away. 7Rather, we speak God’s wisdom,* mysterious, hidden, which God predetermined before the ages for our glory, 8and which none of the rulers of this age* knew; for if they had known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. Leadbeater started as a bank clerk, but was ordained to the Anglican Priesthood in1879. Joined Theosophical Society 1883, it had been founded in 1875. Inspired by claim that it has been founded under the inspiration of hidden Masters of Wisdom, individuals on earth who were possessed of certain extraordinary powers (such as clairvoyance and telekinesis)... Leadbeater received reply letter from some supposed person, K.H., and thus resolved to go to India. SJG 4 progressive congress women standing up for themselves: [view link] Space X Launches Falcon Heavy [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Christian Gnosis. by C. W. Leadbeater. So mostly this was a series of essays which Leadbeater intended to publish as a theology book. It is pretty far out there, as is most of the core stuff of the Theosophical Society. Maybe mid to late 20's. Showed it to F. W. Pigott who said that it was not theology. F. W. Pigott would become the third presiding Bishop of Liberal Catholic Church. I guess sensing the need for a theology book, F. W. Pigott did publish in 1927: The Parting of the Ways: The Teachings of the Liberal Catholic Church Compared and Contrasted with Traditional Catholic Teachings [view link] He wrote this while ship board going from Sydney to the UK. It became the primary theology text for the Liberal Catholic Church. Then in the late 70's the then Presiding Bishop of the Church rounded up Leadbeaters writings and set about publishing them, so much further down the road. I'll be reading more of it. But here I want to speak to something which has always concerned me about LCC and TS. This is the matter of Jiddu Krishnamurti (/ˈdʒɪduːkrɪʃnəˈmɜːrti/; 12 May 1895 – 17 February 1986) [view link] In 1906 Leadbeater got hit with accusations of improprieties. So he left the LCC and TS. He went to India. It was Leadbeater who first spotted the 9 yo Brahman boy Krishnamurti. Then he and Besant decided that he would be the next World Teacher, a Buddha and an Avatar. He would both the next Jesus and the next Buddha. Besant and Leadbeater made sure that Krishnamurti got the best English education which money could buy. Krishnamurti did in fact develop quite a following. But it was because in 1929 he renounced the role which Besant and Leadbeater had cast him into. This remains one of the key historical events in occult circles. Krishnamurti lived out the rest of his life at the Ojai Krotona, writing and speaking, and helping to set up this school of theirs. And he remains highly regarded. For me there has always seemed to be an issue of propriety in question, maybe going back to Leadbeater and his original interest. I just do not know, not sure if anyone else does either. In this Theosophical Society, I believe that a lot of things get weird. And Leadbeater and Besant are second generation leadership, only getting seriously involved after the deaths of Blavatsky and Olcott. To get the Pigott book I would have to either pay an exorbitant rare books price, or go to either Ojai or Wheaton Illinois. In Sink the Bismark a 29yo Dana Wynter gives a fantastic performance: [view link] [view link] But Wynter lived out her later days in Ojai CA. Seems like a rather obscure place. Was she part of TS or LCC? Not able to find anything which says either way. In hand now: Annie Besant A Biography by Anne Taylor, 1992 Oxford Univ Press. And so I want to read this because it is not published by the Theosophical Society. SJG ALICE SMITH - love don't live here anymore [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Annie Besant A Biography by Anne Taylor, 1992 Oxford Univ Press. Well this is a most curious. Not sure that I have ever read a detailed biography of someone who lived this long ago. 1847 - 1933, and let along a high social class English woman. She really did come of age in a very restrictive world. And marriage was just completely unagreeable to her, lasted only about 6 years, leaving her divorced at age 25. Husband seemed too stern for me, but not in the extreme. Author knows about all the things which come into play. Various ideas in Anglican Church, in UK Socialism and Labor issues, great details into conflicts about Indian Independence, and then this Theosophical Society and about some of its most controversial leaders. In summary I would say that Besant was a kind of a nut, in certain ways. And so was this Charles Webster Leadbeater. She lost much credibility because she always defended him. Though not proved, seems highly likely that he was a p*d* and that they should have run him out. His ideas about this Liberal Catholic Church are a bit much. Most everything about the Theosophical Society is that way. Besant wanted a kind of shadow occult gov't for India, Gandhi and Nehru decided that it should be secular and socialist, and I completely agree. In her last years Besant really clashed with Gandhi. The whole Krishnamurti matter was crazy. Father was suing her in Indian English court to make her return the boy and his younger brother. He was right to refuse the role they had tried to put him into, like the next Jesus-Buddha. This was 1929. One would think the Theosophical Society would have dried up then. Maybe sort of so. But I guess they have a handful of big benefactors, and so it continues to run. Don't think I would ever want to be more than a peripheral observer of its stuff. But new leaders are trying to keep it going. I've only looked into it because of a dream. That shadow occult gov't would of course be a fascist gov't. Something like this was being envisioned by French occultist at the end of the 19th Century. Synarchy or Synarchism [view link] People say that this does exist today, and that it is what is behind the EU. And lots of people point fingers at François Mitterrand Still more I want to read of the above book, but I am not going to read every word of it. Just want to understand a few key things. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So reading more about Annie Besant. She could no longer go along with Christianity, not its person in the pews form. And I guess people in Victorian England were really expected to go along with the ideology of their church. So she and the husband divorced. That left her with very little. Eventually she started hooking up with these "Free Thinkers". They seemed to support a degree of Socialism, but not the full Marx and Engels. And a degree of religious criticism, but not full out atheism. And they accusatory of the British Royalty. So there were a number of figures, but the most extreme was this Charles Bradlaugh , elected for a 6 year term to the House of Commons. Running a newspaper and giving talks, and founding an organization which still exists to this day. Charles Bradlaugh ( 26 September 1833 – 30 January 1891) was an English political activist and atheist. He founded the National Secular Society in 1866. [view link] Bradlaugh died on 30 January 1891. His funeral was attended by 3,000 mourners, including a 21-year-old Mohandas Gandhi. Political Voices - Charles Bradlaugh [view link] National Secular Society Bradlaugh died on 30 January 1891. His funeral was attended by 3,000 mourners, including a 21-year-old Mohandas Gandhi.[ [view link] In the US we had had one Frances Wright Frances Wright (September 6, 1795 – December 13, 1852), widely known as Fanny Wright, was a Scottish-born lecturer, writer, freethinker, feminist, abolitionist, and social reformer, who became a US citizen in 1825. The same year, she founded the Nashoba Commune in Tennessee, as a utopian community to demonstrate how to prepare slaves for eventual emancipation, but the project lasted only five years. In the late 1820s Wright was the first woman lecturer to speak publicly before gatherings of men and women in the United States about political and social-reform issues. She advocated for universal education, the emancipation of slaves, birth control, equal rights, sexual freedom, legal rights for married women, and liberal divorce laws. Wright was also vocal in her opposition to organized religion and capital punishment. The clergy and the press harshly criticized Wright's radical views. Her public lectures in the United States led to the establishment of Fanny Wright societies and her association with the Working Men's Party, organized in New York City in 1829, became so strong that its opponents called the party’s slate of candidates the Fanny Wright ticket. So Besant quickly proved very capable as a public speaker and as a newspaper reporter and columnist. What I am looking for out of this book is to see Besant's progression into Socialism and Worker Rights Issues, and into advocating for Birth Control, and then to see how she turned her back on this and went with Theosophy. I want to understand her thinking. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Besant started off working with this Thomas Scott, writing pamphlets. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So Charles Bradlaugh and Annie Besant were tried for selling copies of the 1832 American book, "Fruits of Philosophy" by Charles Knowlton. [view link] The book advocated birth control. Many feared that this would turn their society into a Bonobo Camp, and result in total anarchy. In defending themselves Besant and Bradlaugh gave good advocacy for birth control. Eventually they beat the wrap. THey drew lots of attention and made money selling the book. Lots of people for their group. People were calling this Malthusianism or neo-Malthusianism. Bradlaugh was pro-worker issues, but still had objections to socialism and wrote a book about such. Besant was pro-worker issues and became a Fabian Socialist and won the Match Girl's Strike. But eventually she pulled away from socialism. Bradlaugh was against religion and was pro-atheism. Besant was critical of religion, but never went for hard core atheism. He ideas always were based on a religion world view, except instead of God, the issue was knowledge. And then when she went to Theosophy, that made for a new type of knowledge based or Gnostic religion. Still want to understand more of this. Besant was clearly a very influential person. SJG Daniel Castro - I'll Play The Blues For You [view link] Consider: Biopower : Foucault and beyond / edited by Vernon W. Cisney and Nicolae Morar (2016) and Michel Foucault : key concepts / edited by Dianna Taylor Giving an account of oneself / Judith Butler. (2005) " "What does it mean to lead a moral life? In her first extended study of moral philosophy, Judith Butler offers a provocative outline for a new ethical practice -- one responsive to the need for critical autonomy and grounded in a new sense of the human subject. Butler takes as her starting point one s ability to answer the questions What have I done? and What ought I to do? She shows that these question can be answered only by asking a prior question, Who is this I who is under an obligation to give an account of itself and to act in certain ways? Because I find that I cannot give an account of myself without accounting for the social conditions under which I emerge, ethical reflection requires a turn to social theory. In three powerfully crafted and lucidly written chapters, Butler demonstrates how difficult it is to give an account of oneself, and how this lack of self-transparency and narratibility is crucial to an ethical understanding of the human. In brilliant dialogue with Adorno, Levinas, Foucault, and other thinkers, she eloquently argues the limits, possibilities, and dangers of contemporary ethical thought. Butler offers a critique of the moral self, arguing that the transparent, rational, and continuous ethical subject is an impossible construct that seeks to deny the specificity of what it is to be human. We can know ourselves only incompletely, and only in relation to a broader social world that has always preceded us and already shaped us in ways we cannot grasp. If inevitably we are partially opaque to ourselves, how can giving an account of ourselves define the ethical act? And doesn t an ethical system that holds us impossibly accountable for full self-knowledge and self-consistency inflict a kind of psychic violence, leading to a culture of self-beratement and cruelty? How does the turn to social theory offer us a chance to understand the specifically social character of our own unknowingness about ourselves?In this invaluable book, by recasting ethics as a project in which being ethical means becoming critical of norms under which we are asked to act, but which we can never fully choose, Butler illuminates what it means for us as fallible creatures to create and share an ethics of vulnerability, humility, and ethical responsiveness."--Publisher's description. "
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Fruits of Philosophy, the republished Bradlaugh and Besant UK edition, full text online. [view link] After this though Besant wrote her own pamplet to distribute instead. Lots of support from working people. She backed of on criticism of religion, just supported "neo-Malthusianism", meaning birth control. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    from the book about Annie Besant, 1992 William Gladstone Benjamin Disraeli Drysdale General Dyer Henry George met in Beligium, Dr. Friederic Buchner, monism, all from one source: matter works: Mind In Animals Force and Matter Henry Hyndman, deeply committed to ideas of Karl Marx William Morris Fabian George Bernard Shaw Robert Owen Robert Dale Owen New Harmony George Bernard Shaw, having affairs with a whole bunch of women, not 20yo's, a bit older. Some daughter's, but mostly the wives of their Liberal and Socialist leadership. Said, "As soon as I could afford to dress presentably I became accustomed to women falling in love with me. I did not pursue women, I was perused by them." another guy, not tall, not nice looking, but a thinking in their group, also doing the same. Edward Aveling Including Eleanor Marx, the youngest daughter of Karl. 1 year after her father's death, and now married. [view link] yipes, Eleanor died from suicide. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Continuing with the book about Annie Besant. Most of their group was opposed to the ideas of Karl Marx. Charles Bradlaugh was against all Socialism, seeing it as "an alien doctrine which promised violence. But most of them went with Besant and Fabian Socialism. [view link] Besant scored a major victory with the Match Girl's Strike. I see now though that that is easier than lots of other things because you just have to convince the owners of the Match Factory to make some concessions, and they were being reasonable. But Besant got herself elected to the school board, I guess for London. She wanted free school lunches for those in need. And there was ample evidence that many were in need. But this proved much more difficult. Basically anything where the general electorate has to go along with it, will be very difficult. School lunches were opposed. Not because anyone doubted the need or the benefits, or because the costs were excessive. They seemed to oppose it on more some kind of a cultural and identity basis, some innate desire to maintain social stratification, and even on such a crucial matter. Oh how the US has been like this. What I am looking for though is why Besant shifted her focus away from Socialism and Politics, to Theosophy? Was she just wimping out? And then pertaining to India, and at the end of her life, I think she was turning into a problem. I believe that Gandhi suggested she resign from the Congress which she founded, and I believe that he also suggested it best if she would just leave the country. So lots of people in Besant's Liberal - Socialist Milleau were accustomed to seances. People were interested in such things, all paranormal and related phenomenon. Very popular in the US in the 1850's, then imported to the UK. And then from Tobias Churton I know also imported to Paris. Blavatsky started with this, but then in 1875 she founded the Theosophical Society, then in 1877 she published her first book, 1200 pages two volumes, "Isis Unveiled". So: A. P. Sinnett, occult writer and biographer of Blavatsky. Incidents in the life of Madame Blavatsky / edited by Alfred Percival Sinnett Lots of books, plus one about Theosophy written by his wife. Madame Blavatsky as occultist / by Josephine Ransom (1931 Theosophical Publishing House) historian of the Theosophical Society SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ continuing Conway Moncure Daniel 1832 1907 lots of books about historical topics, but one about journeying to the wise men of the East. Probably supports a Blavatsky view. And then Jakob Boehme, Protestant mystic from the 17th Century, said to have been an earlier source for the idea of Theosophy. [view link] Good explanation of Theosophy [view link] So here we have the Boehmian view, good citation [view link] [view link] Transcendent Theosophy, Persian [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So I guess it was around 1889 that Besant started shifting her thinking to Theosophy. I guess she was frustrated with Fabian Socialism because that always depended on getting people to vote for Left Reforms. So while she accomplished much, she must have seen that she was facing resistance which was completely irrational, based on cultural prejudices. Certainly nothing like that going on in the US today. So she learned about Blavatsky and Theosophy from: A. P. Sinnett, occult writer and biographer of Blavatsky. Incidents in the life of Madame Blavatsky / edited by Alfred Percival Sinnett I don't know if Besant attended seances or try to do any by herself. But she did try to do things she had read about and she did convince herself that there was some "power" there. Blavatsky was coming from a background of seances. We in the US I think associate these with the Brits. But it was in the US that by the early 1850's that they had become extremely popular, and then got imported to the Brits. Most of the Mediums were frauds, but with a few people still stand up for them. Blavatsky's work also included Eastern ideas about the "perfection of mankind". Some people believe that Christianity had been more like this, but then it was turned into a coctrine for social control. Blavatsky was also trying to deal with the oldest history of India and its philosophy and religion. So Besant got more and more involved. I know that she would come to work closely with Blavatsky. And as Blavatsky was in very poor health, Besant would pretty much handle all of her affairs. So did Besant wimp out, going from socialism to something like religion, and hence an opiate? Well, I would say no, and that religion had always been the underpinning of everything she did. Marx wanted the Crisis in Capitalism and then whatever it took to over throw the old order. Besant and her people were never like this. Origins of the term "seance"? The word "séance" comes from the French word for "session", from the Old French seoir, "to sit". In French, the word's meaning is quite general: one may, for example, speak of "une séance de cinéma" ("a movie session"). In English, however, the word came to be used specifically for a meeting of people who are gathered to receive messages from ghosts or to listen to a spirit medium discourse with or relay messages from spirits. In modern English usage, participants need not be seated while engaged in a séance. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So I think Besant just saw how hard it was to get people to vote for progressive reforms. So she looked to something like Theosophy to improve people. She was always like that. so we had William Winwood Reade, who wrote The Martyrdom of Man (1872) and (1861) The Veil of Isis or Mysteries of the Druids Sounds interesting, too the title that Blavatsky wanted. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So Daniel Dunglas Home Daniel Dunglas Home (pronounced Hume; 20 March 1833 – 21 June 1886) [view link] So Blavatsky was born in Russia 1831, aristocracy. Sent to live with grandparents when mother died at age 11. Had free run of an enormous but gloomy mansion, and with a huge occult library. Tended to be a solitary child, but liking to read, and liking to play with imaginary friends. Married off at age of 18 to a 40yo. Did not seem to like him, ran away 3 months later. Varying accounts of her life, but ended up in the US. Seen as psychic as a child, quickly became experienced as a spiritualist, seances. Conflict with Homes seems to have prompted Blavatsky, Olcott, and Judge to move away from just seances to a broader occult project which was the Theosophical Society, founded 1875. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    finished with the book, just want to record some things. Book is actually filled with names and references. Simon and Beatrice Webb "The elements of social science, or, Physical, sexual and natural religion" Book by George R. Drysdale Some call this, "The Bible of the Brothel" Book which scandalized, and people always accusing Annie Besant of promoting the same ideas, in how she advocated for contraception. [view link] Olcott writing to what would seem to be a reactionary nationalist hindu group in Northern India. "The Supreme One whom you teach your disciples to contemplate is the very same Eternal Divine Essence whom we have been pointing the Christians to as the proper object of their adoration instead of their own cruel and remorseless ... Moloch --- Jehovah" Franz Hartmann Franz Hartmann Hartmann was an associate of Helena Blavatsky and was Chairman of the Board of Control of the Theosophical Society Adyar.[1] He collaborated with the mystic Carl Kellner. He published the journals Lotusblüthen (1893-1900) and Neue Lotusblüten (1908-1913). He wrote articles on yoga and popularized the subject within Germany.[1] He has been described as "one of the most important theosophical writers of his time".[1] His works include several books on esoteric studies and biographies of Jakob Böhme and Paracelsus. He translated the Bhagavad Gita into German and was the editor of the journal Lotusblüten. He was at one time a co-worker of Helena Blavatsky at Adyar. In 1896 he founded a German Theosophical Society. He also supported the Guido-von-List-Society (Guido-von-List-Gesellschaft). According to Theodor Reuss he was one of the original founders of the magical order that would later be known as Ordo Templi Orientis, along with Reuss and Carl Kellner. Also known to be a major source that H. S. Lewis copied directly into the monographs from. He wrote a defense of Blavatsky from her "slanderers". Madras, where someone bought them land and they set up the Theosophical Society in India. [view link] By Adyar river. G. W. Foote said that the sins of Theosophy were Spiritism and Celibacy. I agree [view link] Neo-Malthusianism is the advocacy of population control programs to ensure resources for current and future populations.[2] In Britain the term 'Malthusian' can also refer more specifically to arguments made in favour of preventive birth control, hence organizations such as the Malthusian League.[4] Neo-Malthusians differ from Malthus's theories mainly in their enthusiasm for contraception. Malthus, a devout Christian, believed that "self-control" (abstinence) was preferable to artificial birth control. In some editions of his essay, Malthus did allow that abstinence was unlikely to be effective on a wide scale, thus advocating the use of artificial means of birth control as a solution to population "pressure".[5] Modern "neo-Malthusians" are generally more concerned than Malthus with environmental degradation and catastrophic famine than with poverty. Ramakrishna, lived until 1886, always talked about by Alan Watts [view link] succeeded by Vivekananda and Sri Ramakrishna and the Vedanta Society, and they have a Kali Temple in India [view link] [view link] People in Southern India are Dravidian [view link] Well, all very complex and dealing with lots of Indian things. In short, I do not take the Theosophical Society very seriously. Surprised it still operated. And the younger brother of Juddu Krishnamurtie died of tuberculosis in 1925. In those days, even for a young person contracting TB usually it meant death. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Henry A. Wallace and Theosophy Century of the Common Man (May 8, 1942) [view link] Reference Time line: Battle of Midway June 1942, North Africa Landings Nov 1942, Battle of Stalingrad Aug 1942 thru Feb 1943, Sicily Landings July 1943. Wallace was appointed Secretary of Agriculture on Roosevelt's Inauguration day, serving March 4, 1933 – September 4, 1940 1940 Electoral Map, couldn't carry his home state of Iowa, but carried most everything else. [view link] He (Wallace) made foreign affairs the main focus of his campaigning, telling one audience that "the replacement of Roosevelt ... would cause [Adolf] Hitler to rejoice." Although both campaigns predicted a close election, Roosevelt won 449 of the 531 electoral votes and won the popular vote by a margin of nearly ten points. Religious explorations and Roerich controversy Wallace was raised in the Calvinist branch of Protestant Christianity, but showed an interest in other religious teachings during his life.[66] He was deeply interested in religion from a young age, reading works by authors like Ralph Waldo Emerson, Ralph Waldo Trine, and William James, whose The Varieties of Religious Experience had a particularly strong impact on Wallace.[169] After his grandfather's death in 1916, he left the Presbyterian Church and became increasingly interested in mysticism. He later said, "I know I am often called a mystic, and in the years following my leaving the United Presbyterian Church I was probably a practical mystic ... I'd say I was a mystic in the sense that George Washington Carver was – who believed God was in everything and therefore, if you went to God, you could find the answers." Wallace began regularly attending meetings of the pantheistic Theosophical Society, and, in 1925, he helped organize the Des Moines parish of the Liberal Catholic Church.[170] Wallace left the Liberal Catholic Church in 1930 and joined the Episcopal Church, but he continued to be interested in various mystic groups and individuals.[171] Among those who Wallace corresponded with were author George William Russell,[172] astrologer L. Edward Johndro, and Edward Roos, who took on the persona of a Native American medicine man.[173] In the early 1930s, Wallace began corresponding with Nicholas Roerich, a prominent Russian émigré, artist, peace activist, and Theosophist.[174] With Wallace's support, Roerich was appointed to lead a federal expedition to the Gobi Desert to collect drought-resistant grasses.[175] Roerich's expedition ended in a public fiasco, and Roerich fled to India after the Internal Revenue Service launched a tax investigation.[176] The letters that Wallace wrote to Roerich from 1933 to 1934 were eventually acquired by Republican newspaper publisher Paul Block.[177] The Republicans threatened to reveal to the public what they characterized as Wallace's bizarre religious beliefs prior to the November 1940 elections but were deterred when the Democrats countered by threatening to release information about Republican candidate Wendell Willkie's rumored extramarital affair with the writer Irita Van Doren.[178] The contents of the letters did become public seven years later, in the winter of 1947, when right-wing columnist Westbrook Pegler published what were purported to be extracts from them as evidence that Wallace was a "messianic fumbler", and "off-center mentally". During the 1948 campaign Pegler and other hostile reporters, including H. L. Mencken, aggressively confronted Wallace on the subject at a public meeting in Philadelphia in July. Wallace declined to comment, accusing the reporters of being Pegler's stooges.[179] Many press outlets were critical of Wallace's association with Roerich; one newspaper mockingly wrote that if Wallace became president "we shall get in tune with the Infinite, vibrate in the correct plane, outstare the Evil Eye, reform the witches, overcome all malicious spells and ascend the high road to health and happiness."[180] [view link] Nicholas Roerich (October 9, 1874 – December 13, 1947) [view link] Helena Ivanovna Roerich (wife, February 12, 1879 – October 5, 1955) was a Russian theosophist. [view link] Roerichism [view link] The movement centers on the Neo-Theosophical religious doctrine of Agni Yoga, or the Living Ethics [view link] Agni Yoga Society, New York New York [view link] [view link] Alice Ann Bailey (June 16, 1880 – December 15, 1949) was a writer of more than twenty-four books on theosophical subjects, and was one of the first writers to use the term New Age. [view link] A lot of these types of groups and movements postulate some cadre of living and ascended masters. They also want to bring about some kind of unseen krypto government, and they are inherently anti-Democratic and anti-Socialist. And I am including as one of these groups the German Nazi Party. SJG Eric Clapton Layla 2008 Hyde Park [view link] Have You Ever Loved a Woman [view link] Devadip Carlos Santana & Turiya Alice Coltrane - Illuminations (Full Album) 1974 [view link] John Coltrane - A Love Supreme [Full Album] (1965) [view link]
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^^ Fag!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    News Desk for Blavatskian Studies in the 21st Century " Blavatsky and the Theosophical Society get mentioned a few times, and so how is she portrayed in all of this? They basically take the theosophical White Magic/Black Magic concept and turn it around. Blavatsky and the TS are said to have “opened the door to a luciferian East”, ( Pauwels & Bergier, 446) meaning that they are somehow connected to a hidden lodge of black magicians which act as a secret governing power behind Hitler and the Nazi regime. " [view link] Bruce F. Campbell’s 1980 Ancient Wisdom Revived: A History of the Theosophical Movement [view link] In 1983, Robert Ellwood in his essay, “The American Theosophical Synthesis” in the anthology The Occult in America (University of Illinois Press, 1983) [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] The esoteric world of Madame Blavatsky : insight into the life of a modern sphinx / collected by Daniel Caldwell. (Theosophical Society 2001) The Morning of the Magicians [view link] [view link] Theosophy x Nazism in Germany [view link] The USA originated Nazism, Nazi salutes, flag fanaticism, robotic group-chanting to flags, and the modern swastika symbol, making Theosophy and Blavatsky a big part of this [view link] Blavatsky, Judaism and Nazism [view link] Thule Society [view link] Ahnenerbe [view link] Occultism in Nazism [view link] Theosophy and the Second World War [view link] SJG Because The Night - Patti Smith, Bruce Spingsteen, U2 [view link] Patti Smith [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    "1916: India is simmering with discontent against the Raj, Enter English proto-feminist Annie Besant, notorious at home for the match-girls' strike, political, charismatic. In India she finds a new family and a new cause." "Gandhi hails her as the leader of the Congress Party after she courts imprisonment for promoting Indian Home Rule. She admires him - but can rulers ever befriend the ruled?" "Can Annie's great love affair with India last? Or Is she mistaken in her beliefs, politics and adoptions?"--BOOK JACKET Mistaken... : Annie Besant in India / by Rukhsana Ahmad (2007) [view link] Reading now: Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites, by C. W. Leadbeater. This has been published by different people under different titles. It is one of two books Leadbeater wrote about Masonry. Originally this book was published 1926. So Leadbeater was part of this Co-Masonry group which Besant brought from Paris to the UK to the US. Talks about lots of stuff, like Egyptian, Cretan, Jewish, Greek, Mithraic Mysteries, and then the development from then to the present, by Clairvoyance of course, reading the Akashic Record. Four Sons of Horus [view link] [view link] These are your canopic jars. They are also the basis of the four Cherubim, of Ezekiel and Revelations. I had figured this out for myself long ago. SJG Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris - Romeo And Juliet [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites, by C. W. Leadbeater. This has been published by different people under different titles. It is one of two books Leadbeater wrote about Masonry. Originally this book was published 1926. So Leadbeater was part of this Co-Masonry group which Besant brought from Paris to the UK to the US. This book is pretty far out. 150,000 years ago, Atlantians conquered Egypt. 75,000 years ago a great cataclysm causing a flood. 40,000 years ago the World Teacher incarnated as Thoth - Tehuti. And this is when the 3 Giza Pyramids were built. This Rite of Memphis-Misraïm, type of Masonry might be more occult, might come from France, and I guess it might be closer to Martinism. Ancient Martinist Order, Indiana, has a link to this: [view link] Though Leadbeater was writing in 1926, before any of the things I would see as esoteric/occult sources had been written, the ideas seem already to have been established. He cites about Atlantis: The Story Of Atlantis & Lost Lemuria by W Scott-Elliot, written in 1896, and Scott-Elliot was a Thesophist. [view link] [view link] So as a child Annie Besant found this series of books edited by John Henry Parker, with the writings of the church fathers, published mid 1800's. She would draw from that, and especially from the writings of Clement of Alexandria, to write her 1901 Esoteric Christianity. Besides scripture and one work of Eliphas Levi, Clement of Alexandria is her main source. And then note this historical fiction: [view link] This book will be anti-blavatsky, and it gets into some very nasty stuff [view link] This should be a book critical of Steiner and Blavatsky [view link] But it connects with Aries Journal and this esoteric publisher: [view link] Blavatsky Revival [view link] Revival Books Bruce F. Campbell’s 1980 Ancient Wisdom Revived: A History of the Theosophical Movement 1983, Robert Ellwood in his essay, “The American Theosophical Synthesis” in the anthology The Occult in America (University of Illinois Press, 1983) I did not understand this decades ago, but Meditations on the Tarot seems to be an attempt to reconcile the Blavatsky / Steiner view with Catholicism. SJG [view link] Eric Clapton w/ Katie Kissoon
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    [view link] Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (Yelena Petrovna Blavatskaya; 12 August [O.S. 31 July] 1831 – 8 May 1891) [view link] The Voice of the Silence, seems to have been completed at the very end of her life. To get a list of her books, I go to the Blavatsky Study Center [view link] I find ambiguity in this list: [view link] This seems to be the third book, sensible length The key to theosophy, being a clear exposition, in the form of question and answer, of the ethics, science, and philosophy for the study of which the Theosophical society has been founded. By H. P. Blavatsky. W. Q. Judge has his name on it, 310 pages Here is a real short one, 95 pages The key to theosophy Imprint London : Theosophical Publishing House, 1948 London : Theosophical Publishing House, 1948 and here Secret Doctrine cut down to 260 pages, 1966 An abridgement of The secret doctrine / H.P. Blavatsky; edited by Elizabeth Preston and Christmas Humphreys Imprint London : Theosophical Publishing House, 1966 We have this, 1972, Joy Mills, 176 pages The key to theosophy. : An abridgement / edited by Joy Mills. And here, Isis unveiled : secrets of the ancient wisdom tradition, Madame Blavatsky's first work / Helena P. Blavatsky ; a new abridgment for today by Michael Gomes. 1997, 274 pages So her three long major books are available in abridgement, and that Voice of the Silence, book #4 is short. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So there is the Liberal Catholic Church, having been closely associated with the Theosophical Society. Now there is also the Universal Catholic Church [view link] and it is they who have this St. Clement of Alexandria Seminary [view link] The seminary headquarters is nominally based out of St. Francis parish, San Diego, California. St. Clement Seminary is a part of the Universal Catholic Church. Currently, we have five dioceses. In the United States, as of 2011, the UCC has five dioceses, which are the diocese of the west (Alaska, Hawaii, California, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada), the diocese of the southwest Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado), the diocese of Texas (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana), the diocese of the middle-Atlantic (Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Washington D.C.) and the provincial diocese. about St. Clement himself: [view link] Though they say San Diego, admissions is to be sent to Tucson. [view link] So in CA they have Palm Desert and San Diego. Ah, this does ordain women, but the LCC still does not. [view link] [view link] I suspect that the ordination of women is the main difference. This does a good job of chronicling the history: [view link] St. Clement Seminary work can be by correspondance and they claim they keep costs low. Ordination of course has to be hands on. Other 23 Catholic Churches [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So reading this Tobias Churton book about Georges Gurdjieff. [view link] Churton is a prolific writer. I cannot imagine how he can read how many books as he must. This discussion of Gurdjieff does follow on from his discussion of turn of the century Paris. Some books and people are introduced. A highly influential thinker and writer: [view link] Antoine Fabre d'Olivet (December 8, 1767, Ganges, Hérault – March 25, 1825, Paris) French author, poet and composer whose Biblical and philosophical hermeneutics influenced many occultists, such as Eliphas Lévi, Gérard Encausse - Papus and Édouard Schuré. Alexandre Saint-Yves d'Alveydre (26 March 1842 – 5 February 1909) was a French occultist who adapted the works of Fabre d'Olivet (1767–1825) and, in turn, had his ideas adapted by Gérard Encausse alias Papus. His work on "L'Archéomètre" deeply influenced the young René Guénon. He developed the term Synarchy—the association of everyone with everyone else—into a political philosophy, and his ideas about this type of government proved influential in politics and the occult. [view link] And then Papus. And then especially Édouard Schuré Eduard (Édouard) Schuré (January 21, 1841 in Strasbourg – April 7, 1929 in Paris) was a French philosopher, poet, playwright, novelist, music critic, and publicist of esoteric literature. [view link] [view link] And his book is in academic libraries The great initiates : a study of the secret history of religions / translated from the French by Gloria Rasberry. Introd. by Paul M. Allen. Gurdjieff was very aggressive about educating himself too. Have to admire that. And then talk about Jules Doniel, as he founded the Gnostic Church. SJG earlier thread OT: Oceanside California, Rosicrucian Fellowship, Mount Ecclesia, Max Heindel [view link] Boob Out Teddie [view link]
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    This is another one of those threads... if nobody is responding you gotta practice some self control and let it die. I did it recently. I made a really well thought out post and the only response I got I was from a troll: [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^ You are assuming that all TUSCLer's care about is Right Wing Politics and Right Wing News, and Cumming in their pants. You are selling TUSCLer's way short. And we do always have ignore available. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Synarchism [view link] Of course this would be a problem, being fascist, and associated with Vichy. But people say that Mitterrand set something like this up at the core of the EU. Curious is the most I can say. SJG
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    You’re totally missing my point
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I disagree with your point. SJG
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    My point is that the lack of responses is a signal that this is post is not generating any interest. It’s ok to bump it once. Maybe twice. But that’s it. Pretty much the same as when texting a woman. If you send two texts with no response, it’s game over.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Not the same at all. Lots of new people join. If there was less belligerent trolling, people would be willing to post about a broader range of topics. Those who really don't like it now have not one, but two types of underground circle jerk rooms to retreat to. SJG
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    Ok, so please bump every post that has ever been made just in case anyone missed them
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Funloving, why don't you find some threads and topics that you can make a contribution to. You sound like a reasonably intelligent person. So Tobias Churton's books, I see now, they cover a lot of the same material, not the full range of Esoteric Teachings. His books, though, they look all good. Always historical, not How To Manuals. Synarchism [view link] Found this: Hermeneutic interpretation of the origin of the social state of man, and of the destiny of the Adamic race / Fabre d'Olivet ; translated by Nayan Louise Refield The great initiates : a study of the secret history of religions / translated from the French by Gloria Rasberry. Introd. by Paul M. Allen. Schuré, Edouard, 1841-1929 Lots of books by this man ^^^^^ SJG [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Churton says that Gurdjieef might have been part of some sort of Masonic group, but probably one of the smaller less common ones. Like this: [view link] I do not know anything about this though, the legacy, or even where this is based. [view link] [view link] US [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Andrei Zamenski, Red Shambhala, Quest Books 2011 [view link] Yes, in libraries: [view link], The harmonious circle : the lives and work of G. I. Gurdjieff, P. D. Ouspensky, and their followers / by James Webb (1980) in lots of libraries and Webb has written lots of books A. R. Orage [view link] SJG Traditional Gender Roles [view link] Impeachment Investigation To Continue And There Could Be More Pubic Testimony [view link] Using a sex toy by yourself is masturbation [view link] The Provisional Irish Republican Army and the Morality of Te**o*ism [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Schuré, Edouard, 1841-1929. The great initiates : a study of the secret history of religions / translated from the French by Gloria Rasberry. Introd. by Paul M. Allen. , available 1961 English edition [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So to follow up on stuff from the Tobias Churton book on Gurdjieef: G's organization was Institute for Development of the Harmonious Human Being, IDHHB. This ran for along time. I talked to someone with them in Palo Alto, maybe 20 years ago. If you looked in a library at a book by or about G., you might find an IDHHB book mark. But today though, looks like IDHHB has been taken over or merged with one E. J. (Jeff) Gold, a self styled G. imitator. Maybe this is for the better. [view link] So Peter D. Ouspensky, major follower of G. Read some of his stuff. But later Ouspensky turned against G. [view link] Some of his books can now be found online. I would be more inclined to go along with Ouspensky than with G. himself. Today only Uspenskiĭ, P. D. (Petr Demʹi︠a︡novich), 1878-1947. In search of the miraculous; fragments of an unknown teaching. is in academic libraries around me. Both G. and Ouspensky amounted to Anti-Marxists, especially Anti-Bolsheviks. But Ouspensky helped found the London School of Economic Science, and they are built first and foremost on the works of the American Socialist Henry George. [view link] Labor MP Andrew MacLaren [view link] some posting here [view link] video [view link] and right here, a book about them East meets West : the stories of the remarkable men and women from the East and the West who built a bridge across a cultural divide and introduced meditation and Eastern philosophy to the West / John Adago (2014) Yeah I gotta read this: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So of A. R. Orage they say his writings were compatible with both Theosophy and Socialism. Not sure if these two are that compatible with each other. Gurdjieff certainly liked neither. [view link] [view link] [view link] And also consider Collin Wilson, who always wrote very good books: [view link] Wilson amounted to a kind of anti-leftist, though a very thoughful and interesting one, well worth reading. Cabaret L'Enfer, (Hell) Montmartre Paris, night club, near Moulin Rogue. [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So what A. R. Orage books can I easily get? [view link] lots of his books, but not sure about Gurdjieff. Here: Orage, A. R. (Alfred Richard), 1873-1934. The active mind; adventures in awareness. How about about Uspenskii? The fourth way: a record of talks and answers to questions based on the teaching of G. I. Gurdjieff (1957 edition ) Tertium organum : the third canon of thought, a key to the enigmas of the world / P.D. Ouspensky ; revised translation by E. Kadloubovsky and the author ; originally translated by Nicholas Bessaraboff and Claude Bragdon. (1981 edition ) ^^^ above two are the ones I want to read first. Also Collin Wilson, wrote lots of books, including about Gurdjieef and Ouspenski. But I also note: Marx Refuted [view link] and The Decline and Fall of Leftism [view link] ^^^^^^ not in academic libraries. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So I will have this very soon: East meets West : the stories of the remarkable men and women from the East and the West who built a bridge across a cultural divide and introduced meditation and Eastern philosophy to the West / John Adago (2014) Nondenominational Magic [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    [view link] Gary Lachman, original bass player for Blondie, not he writes very good books: Dark Star Rising: Magick and Power in the Age of Trump The Return of Holy Russia: Apocalyptic History, Mystical Awakening, and the Struggle for the Soul of the World Beyond the Robot: The Life and Work of Colin Wilson Swedenborg: An Introduction to His Life and Ideas Madame Blavatsky: The Mother of Modern Spirituality In Search of P. D. Ouspensky: The Genius in the Shadow of Gurdjieff Politics and the Occult: The Left, the Right, and the Radically Unseen (might be audio only ) And then also l'enfer barbuse (1949) translation, Collin Wilson begins his Outsider by talking about this novel. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    A. E. Waite Life of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin The unknown philosopher; the life of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin and the substance of his transcendental doctrine (1970) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Condensed chaos : an introduction to chaos magic / by Phil Hine ; foreword by Peter J. Carroll. (2010) Just emerged in libraries! [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In hand now: Gary Lachman, original bass player for Blondie, not he writes very good books: Dark Star Rising: Magick and Power in the Age of Trump [view link] SJG The Who - We're Not Gonna Take It / See Me, Feel Me [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    above is in error. Correction, what is in hand now: East meets West : the stories of the remarkable men and women from the East and the West who built a bridge across a cultural divide and introduced meditation and Eastern philosophy to the West / John Adago (2014) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    East meets West : the stories of the remarkable men and women from the East and the West who built a bridge across a cultural divide and introduced meditation and Eastern philosophy to the West / John Adago (2014) [view link] Okay so he is talking about this London School of Economic Science, started in the 1930's by Leon MacLaren. And this should not be confused with the London School of Economics. And then there was or is also this School of Practical Philosophy in NYC. John Adago gives an entire chapter of his own biography, starting when his grandmother emigrated to the US from Italy in the first decade of the 20th Century. So he talks about many, like Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. And especially Leon MacLaren and his father Andrew. Andrew MacLaren (1883 - 1975) "Wealth results from work. There is no such thing as a 'windfall'. When one acquires wealth without work or great wealth with little work, others are being deprived of the fruits of their labor. A community without justice will not survive: to each must be rendered his due. A society, through its laws and institutions, must inhibit one man from harvesting the crop of another, that each may reap what he has sown." Labour Politician [view link] Campaigned for the ideas of the American Henry George [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So John Adago became interested in P. D. Ouspensky and so he read: In Search of the Miraculous: Fragments of an Unknown Teaching. and The Psychology of Man’s Possible Evolution (available online) I am more interested now in: The Fourth Way: A Record of Talks and Answers to Questions Based on the Teaching of G. I. Gurdjieff Tertium Organum: The Third Canon of Thought, a Key to the Enigmas of the World. ( available online) I had though that this movement was based on the American Socialist Henry George, and on Plato and Aristotle. Now I am seeing it more based on Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, and then on a number of East Indian Teachers. I only partly go along with this, even with Leon MacLaren. Some Happy Think in it. This School of Practical Philosophy is in Pleasanton CA. But it has San Jose and Tiburon addresses. I think it is the same as what is in New York City and in London. Yes indeed [view link] I only partly go along with this, but I still need to know more to understand it. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    so this John Adago book is published by Shepheard-Walwyn And they say you can find more books on perennial philosophy at [view link] London, looks most interesting. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So finishing up with: East meets West : the stories of the remarkable men and women from the East and the West who built a bridge across a cultural divide and introduced meditation and Eastern philosophy to the West / John Adago (2014) Want to record some of its references: Henry George, Progress and Poverty Leon MacLaren, MacLaren Lectures Ouspensky, Tertium Organum, Tertium organum : the third canon of thought : a key to the enigmas of the world / P.D. Ouspensky ; revised translation by E. Kadloubovsky and the author ; originally translated by Nicholas Bessaraboff and Claude Bragdon (1982 edition 298 pages) Author Uspenskiĭ, P. D. (Petr Demʹi︠an︡ovich), 1878-1947 Francis C. Roles, multiple books, but not in libraries [view link] Standing for Justice: A Biography of Andrew MacLaren MP (Enduring Quest), by John Stewart [view link] But not in libraries. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So Jean Houston and her husband, Robert Masters. Were influenced by this British teacher who talked about levels of consciousness, and I think there were 4 levels and a 5th we are bringing forth. And Masters long ago wrote a book about Sekhmet, seeing her as the 5th direction. [view link] [view link] [view link] Not able to find specific info about this now. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    East meets West : the stories of the remarkable men and women from the East and the West who built a bridge across a cultural divide and introduced meditation and Eastern philosophy to the West / John Adago (2014) So it mentions Thomas de Hartman, R. A. Orage, Maurice Nicoll, Rodney Collin, as people from their group who follow Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. And yes, these are some of the most well known are read, but there are others. Mention Adi Shankara, and Indian teacher who lived 788 AD o 820 AD. Various mentions of Vedanta. San Jose house [view link] founded by Swami Swahananda but also [view link] founded by Swami Chinmayananda, affectionately addressed as “Pujya Gurudev” blessed our effort when we acquired the property on Park Avenue in San Jose in 1987. He named it Sandeepany San Jose. Pujya Gurudev sent us the best teacher he then had in India, Swami Tejomayananda, to be the first Acharya of Sandeepany San Jose from 1989 – 1993. Swami Chinmayananda also formally named the organization, Chinmaya Mission San Jose (CMSJ) in 1992. Not sure if the above two connect to their Indian teachers. So Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (born Mahesh Prasad Varma, 12 January 1918[5] – 5 February 2008) was an Indian Guru and developed the Tranendental Meditation technique. Associated with Beatles, mentioned in song, and spoke to an audience of 4000 at the Royal Albert Hall. [view link] [view link] [view link] So this kind of meditation was seen as more suitable for Westerners. ( note that Rajneesh/Osho would also proliferate the number of meditation techniques. [view link] So "Be Here Now" was written by Ram Dass (Richard Alpert) And there was some SYDA and Vedanta org established. In 1994, at the passing of Leon MacLaren, Donald Lambie succeeded him. Lambie is also a barrister. Joy Dillingham, part of this. They say this statue, Girl With Lamp of Wisdom is in Wallkill NY. But here says it is in the UK [view link] book says statue is a bronze made by Nathan David. So MacLaren and his people see the Gurdjieff - Ouspensky work as introducing Eastern Meditation to the West. For myself, I have always had only a limited interest in Buddhist Mindfulness Meditation. Wanting things which are more about thought and remembering. But yes, as that is what the Gurdjeff - Ouspensky work seems to be, I have been practicing for many decades. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Will have around the New Year: Will have soon, A. E. Waite, bona fide British Occultist and 19th Century Golden Dawn veteran. Writes about one of the Martinist founders, Louis Claude St. Martin [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So as my understanding of Gurdjieff and his possible relationship to Eastern teachings has been expanded, I want to read more. Tertium organum : the third canon of thought : a key to the enigmas of the world / P.D. Ouspensky ; revised translation by E. Kadloubovsky and the author ; originally translated by Nicholas Bessaraboff and Claude Bragdon In search of the miraculous : fragments of an unknown teaching / P. D. Ouspensky. And then Gary Lachman, always good: Beyond the robot : the life and work of Colin Wilson / Gary Lachman (2016) In search of P.D. Ouspensky : the genius in the shadow of Gurdjieff / Gary Lachman (2006) And then Collin Wison: G.I. Gurdjieff / by Colin Wilson 1986 And then Georg Feuerstein, who has written lots of good books: Structures of consciousness : the genius of Jean Gebser-- an introduction and critique / Georg Feuerstein (1987) Sacred sexuality : living the vision of the erotic spirit / Georg Feuerstein (1993) SJG Awesome high heels, ladies, are these safer cause of the heel enclosure? [view link] Doesn't talk about lucite, but it says, "Man Made Materials" As I see it, kind of a 1940's retro look. #DollsKillSF 1475 Haight St. San Francisco
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007), looks very good. SJG Stripper Gets Tricked Into Kissing Salmon Andy by Ice Poseidon [view link] TJ School Girls [view link] Bob Seger Travelin Man Beautiful Loser [view link] Awesome Fuck Me Shoes, don't know who makes them or how: [view link] Jan 25, 2020, Year of the Rat [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Hermes explains : thirty questions about western esotericism : celebrating the 20th anniversary of the centre for History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents at the University of Amsterdam / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff, Peter J. Forshaw and Marco Pasi (2019) Jewish magic before the rise of Kabbalah / Yuval Harari ; Translated by Batya Stein (2017) Qabalah made easy : discover powerful tools to explore practical magic and the tree of life / David Wells. (2017) Hidden intercourse : eros and sexuality in the history of Western esotericism / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal (2008) Magic and witchcraft : from shamanism to the technopagans / Nevill Drury (2003) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So let me look a bit at the above books ^^^^^^ Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007 - 179 pages, awesome cover ) Readily available Hidden intercourse : eros and sexuality in the history of Western esotericism / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal (2008) Should be available, but checked out. U. D. Frater (1952) believed to be German, contemporary,and to write great books. But no currently available in libraries [view link] Zinovia Dushkova books not in libraries. Kraig, Donald Michael 1951 Tarot & magic / Donald Michael Kraig ; foreword by Mark K. Greer. His other books as before, many not in libraries. SJG SJG Love Addict, Confessions of a Serial Dater, by Koren Shadmi [view link] Graphic novel, looks entertaining! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So I want to make sure I have the key references and leads from: Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007 - 179 pages, awesome cover ) Readily available Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007 - 179 pages, awesome cover ) Readily available Clement Salaman etal, The Way of Hermes, 2011 Francis Yates, Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition, 1971 and of course Mark Sedgwick George Steiner, Martin Heidegger (1987) okay Gary Lachman's Dark Star Rising, page 110ff he talks about The Sion Revelation, Lynn Picknett and Clive PrincGe, the years between the wars, synarchy moving though French Right-Wing politics, and then finding a home in Vichy. [view link] And of course this work is the acknowledged source for Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. And most interesting, it seems to have come to revolve around Francois Mitterand. "... who created a new "psychogeography" of Paris." And so Picknett and Prince argue that the EU is an outgrowth of synarchy. Talk about Rene Guenon, Papus, Steven Bannon, Alexander Dugin, and Vladimir Putin. SJG Fairport Convention, Robert Plant - The Battle Of Evermore [view link] Leonard Cohen - The Partisan - 1969, Paris [view link] Leonard Cohen, The Partisan (Live in Spain, 1988, Basque Country) [view link] Mark Knopfler - Brothers In Arms (Berlin 2007 | Official Live Video) [view link] Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three different Ones) [view link] Pleaser Black or Red [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So in hand right now: THE UNKNOWN PHILOSOPHER Louis Claude De St. Martin Paperback – 1970 [view link] Nice picture there. BUt the copy I have is plain cover hardback. IT says 1970, Rudolf Steiner Publications, Blauvelt New York, 1970. But I believe that A. E. Waite originally published this in 1901. Seems to have no other words than those of Arthur Edward Waite. Bonifide British Occultist and 19th Century Golden Dawn alumni. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So, Arthur Edward Waite [view link] 1857 to 1942 Israfel: Letters, Visions and Poems, London: Allen, 1886. The Mysteries of Magic: A Digest of the Writings of Eliphas Levi, London: George Redway, 1886. Alchemists Through the Ages, 1888 Songs and Poems of Fairyland: An Anthology of English Fairy Poetry, London, 1888 The Occult Sciences: A Compendium of Transcendental Doctrine and Experiment, London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., Ltd., 1891. The Hermetic Museum, in two volumes. London, 1893. The Alchemical Writings of Edward Kelly, London, 1893. Turba Philsophorum (translator), 1894 Devil-Worship in France. London: George Redway, 1896. The Book of Black Magic and of Pacts, 1898. The Pictorial Key to the Tarot. London: William Ryder & Son, Ltd., 1911. The Secret Tradition in Freemasonry, in two volumes. London: Rebman, 1911. The Book of Destiny and The Art of Reading Therein, London: William Rider & Son Ltd., 1912. The Book of Ceremonial Magic, London: 1913. A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, 1921. Saint-Martin: The French Mystic and the Story of Modern Martinism, 1922. The Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross: Being Records of the House of the Holy Spirit in its Inward and Outward History, London: William Rider & Son Ltd., 1924. The Secret Tradition in Alchemy: Its Development and Records, New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1926. The Holy Kabbalah, 1929. The collected poems of Arthur Edward Waite, in two volumes, London: William Rider & Son Ltd. A New Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry (Ars Magna Latomorum) and of Cognate Instituted Mysteries: Their Rites, Literature, and History, New York: Wings Books, 1994. ISBN 0517191482. The Hidden Church of the Holy Grail: Its Legends and Symbolism Considered in Their Affinity with Certain Mysteries of Initiation and Other Traces of a Secret Tradition in Christian Times], Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Fredonia Books, 2002. ISBN 1-58963-905-7. Inner and Outer Order Initiations of the Holy Order of the Golden Dawn, Canada: Burnaby, 2005. ISBN 0-9735931-7-2. Theories As to the Authorship of the Rosicrucian Manifestos, Whitefish, MT: Kessinger Publishing, 2005. ISBN 1-4253-3290-0. Not shown when this book about St. Martin was written, but I think it was 1901. Copy in front of me says 1970, and it has a preface written by someone with the Rudolph Steiner people. But this was obviously not the original publication. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    This is available! Transcendental magic : its doctrine and ritual / by Eliphas Levi ; translation [and] biographical preface by Arthur Edward Waite This is due soon: Hidden intercourse : eros and sexuality in the history of Western esotericism / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007) Yes, available right now! About A. E. Waite's book on St. Martin, it is good. Ideas really coming from Jakob Boheme and from Emmanuel Swedenborg. Paucity of books about Martinism , but lots about the above two. About Martinism, well it is supposed to be an oral f2f secret society. But the books have existed. Maybe seen as too Catholic, or too Occult. Lots of references from A. E. Waite, but that is to really old stuff. Some online documents. Martinism: [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] In the end of the book, A. E. Waite shows this material about number tables or correspondences. It is a couple of paragraphs for the numbers 1 through 10. Well, 10 we know that that is, that is the Kabalistic Tree of Life. In my experience esotericsm does always come down to number and correspondances. People have made huge tables of this for Catholicism, and of course the church has no interest in such stuff. So Kabbalah is supposedly from Ezekiel. So we find 153 fish in the stream, just like at the end of John, But everything else in Ezekiel is 4, always 4 fold, 4 fold symmetry. So where do they get 10? Well of course it has to come from Exodus, and the 10 plagues are the most important part. Always to me this has been a magical treatise. SJG The One Thing Each Zodiac Sign Should Try In Bed In 2020 [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Stockroom [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Leave the panties off of course: [view link] Larsa Pippen [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] ELP | Emerson, Lake & Palmer - 40th Anniversary Reunion - Full Concert ᴴᴰ 2010 [view link] Pink Floyd - The Last Concert (Gilmour, Waters, Mason ,Wright ) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So Gary Lachman is very easy to read. Tobias Churton is a challenge, but well wroth it. A. E. Waite is also a kind of a challenge, but I like him. Need to get to all of his books, at least have them available. [view link] additional ones to read in the near future: Transcendental magic : its doctrine and ritual / by Eliphas Levi ; translation [and] biographical preface by Arthur Edward Waite Emblematic freemasonry / Arthur Edward Waite. Emblematic freemasonry and the evolution of its deeper issues / by Arthur Edward Waite ( longer book? ) The holy Kabbalah; a study of the secret tradition in Israel as unfolded by sons of the doctrine for the benefit and consolation of the elect dispersed through the lands and ages of the greater exile. by A.E. Waite ; with an introduction by Kenneth Rexroth (1960 reprint) YES Confirmed 1901 The life of Louis Claude de Saint-Martin : the Unknown philosopher, and the substance of his transcendental doctrine / by Arthur Edward Waite ... The occult sciences : a compendium of transcendental doctrine and experiment embracing an account of magical practices, of secret sciences in connection with magic, of the professors of magical arts, and of modern spiritualism, mesmerism and theosophy / by Arthur Edward Waite ; new introd. by Robert Galbreath SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So Waite talks of an M. Matter, biographer for St. Martin. Louis Claude de Saint-Martin (18 January 1743 – 14 October 1803) [view link] [view link] has some documents [view link] 21 pages [view link] In his text Waite compares and contrasts St. Martin with St. John of the Cross and with John of Ruusbroec [view link] Waite is saying that St. Martin is "more reasoned". I think this is to be expected from an occultist. Waite seems to be going by St. Martin's own works, which I think are likely booklets. Jakob Bohme books which tend to get cited: Aurora: Die Morgenröte im Aufgang (unfinished) (1612) De Tribus Principiis (The Three Principles of the Divine Essence, 1618–1619) The Threefold Life of Man (1620) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Talk about Jules Doinel, 1842 - 1903, founder of a Gnostic Church which still runs today. [view link] [view link] Lots of Cathar stuff [view link] [view link] A very interesting looking 1887 book, online. [view link] The Gnostics and their remains, ancient and mediaeval / by C.W. King. (1887, available) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Looks good, but these guys have access to 18th Century manuscripts which I do not have. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    This is AMORC, and it is in French: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    They don't have more of what I am watching now, but what they do have looks substantial: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    ^^^^ So their group: [view link] Their temples [view link] Public Manifesto, 12 page PDF [view link] 11 temples. HQ is Austin Texas. In CA they have Sacramento. In the above video their guy says that their is a paucity of material translated from French. But they are doing translations. [view link] Video Lessons [view link] Recommended Reading [view link] Public Documents [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So I want to try and transcribe some from A. E. Waite's book, The Unknown Philosopher So extensive talk about what evil is and why it exists. Standard problem in monotheistic orthodoxy. So very bottom of page 133 "The origin of evil is, notwithstanding, for Saint-Martin exclusively in the denegration of the will; we must accept it provisionally for the same reason that Martines de Pasqually required the satisfaction of his disciple in the intercourse with intermediate agents when he had asked for God: "We must even be content with what we can get." It is from human sin that the analogy is of course, borrowed. and now on page 134, Waite quoting St. Martin "When man by aspiration towards the good contracts the habit of attachment thereto, he losses the vary notion of sin. Had he but will and courage never to descent from this height for which he is born, evil would be nothingness for him; he experiences its influences only as he lapses from the good principle." The punishment entailed thereby supposes that his action is free; a being devoid of liberty cannot diverge of itself from the law imposed on it; it is therefore impossible that it should be quilty or liable to suffer in consequence -- an argument which presupposes morality in universal law, but that has been already granted to system based on the pre-eminence of the good principle. "Since power and all other virtues are the essence of this principle, our sufferings are proof palpable of our errors, and hence of our freedom. If, therefore, the evil principle be opposed evidently to the fulfilment of the law of the unity of beings, whether in the sensible or the intellectual, it follows that it is of itself in a disordered situation;" and if its sufferings be inseparable from disorder, they also are a punishment, because justice being universal must act thereon, even as it acts n man. TO BE CONTINUED SJG OT: Eliphas Levi and the 19th Century French Occult Revival [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Martinist Universal Table, usually using this instead of the Kabalistic Tree of Life diagram. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Looks good: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    ^^^ they also have the entire book that I am reading, and the other Waite book about St. Martin, and then also a book by that guy who restarted French Martinism in the 1940's. St. Martin is always about the numbers 1 through 10. [view link] [view link] in Weirton WV [view link] OMS in the UK [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So A. E. Waite wrote, "The origin of evil is, notwithstanding, for Saint-Martin exclusively in the denegration of the will" So this is so completely different from what the Christian Religion has always promoted, and still promotes. And yet also it is completely different from Aleister Crowley's Thelema doctrine. This latter is more like Ayn Rand, Libertarianism, and Anton LaVey's Church of Satan. The St Martin version is the best, the one I already agree with. Now Waite says that St. Martin was influenced by Rousseau. But I still see this as a very sane and reasonable reading of Rousseau. I think what this all comes down to about Catholicism is a way to be in the Church, but not of it. Where as Protestantism through away the best of Catholicism simply because they did not understand it, and then enlarged the worst parts, St. Martin and the Gnositc Project as a whole improves upon the best. Protestantism would not have been this bad when Martin Luther was alive, as he understood Catholicism. But by the time you had people evangelising WITHIN CHRISTENDOM, it was as it is today, a religion of imbeciles. So Jules Doinel seceeded from Papus's Marinist group and made his own Gnostic Church, Paris [view link] [view link] I believe that this still runs today, France and US [view link] Yes, this has historical connections to other Old Catholic and Liberal Catholic Gnostic churches. And Robert Ambelain restarted Martinism in France in the 1940's [view link] not in libraries. Commentary on Gnostic Mass, and this connects the to Aleister Crowley and the O.T.O. [view link] " In 1945, with Europe struggling to recover itself with bombed out cities, still unfound dead from the carnage of bombings, a wondrous thing was taking place in Egypt, especially from the gnostic perspective. There in Nag Hamadi, close to Christmas Day, an ancient cachè of lost documents was recovered from a cave. This was, of course, the famed discovery of the lost gnostic gospels, believed to have been completely obliterated since the destruction of wisdom perpetrated by Christian Churches against the hidden knowledge in about 400 A.D. This remarkable event, which is still infuencing the theological and literary world today, must have been viewed by our brethren all over the world as nothing less than a God send! It is an event that continues to change the present Church altogether. " Long long book list. [view link] Hans Jonas has written great books and they are in libraries. Jules Doinel is not in libraries Based largely on Cathar documents? All very interesting: [view link] " The story of Simon and Helen (who said to have been a prostitute of Tyre) operated on two levels. It described both a real relationship, and the Simonian myth of the descent of the feminine soul into the world where it is seduced, prostituted, and taken captive by the worldly powers. This feminine soul is then redeemed by her heavenly consort, who reminds her of her celestial origin. This myth is cognate with the Qabalistic symbolism of the Son redeeming the Daughter and setting her upon the throne of the Mother. This story of Simon and Helen influenced treatises in the Nag Hammadi collection and the Sophia literature of the Gnostics, particularly in the references to Sophia as Prunikos (meaning wanton or lascivious). " And this ties to Crowley in 1913. And I also suggest: [view link] The strange woman : power and sex in the Bible / Gail Corrington Streete (1997, in libraries ) [view link] [view link] [view link] 2019 policy [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] So to get access to original Martinist Documents, this [view link] looks good. But really it comes down to being able to read and translate French and to doing some searching and collecting. I don't really go along with Crowley, but this Gnostic Church and St. Martin look really fruitful to me. SJG SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Good video from this OMS: [view link] Not enough Martinist literature in English. [view link] [view link] Basically Stephan Hoeller at the Besant Lodge, Beachwood Dr. [view link] Seems to be the Jules Doinel group [view link] info(at)apostolicgnosis(dot)org [view link] also connects to Stephan A. Hoeller [view link] Good documents online: [view link] The gnostic religion; the message of the alien God and the beginnings of Christianity. ( Beacon Press ) Sources of Gnosticism [view link] [view link] [view link] Jules Doinel, 1890 [view link] Robert Ambelain [view link] [view link] Robert Ambelain (1907–1997) Ambelain's books, on Amazon, French only [view link] Would be most telling to see how this guy responded to Vichy. Official site, translated by Google: This guy does have an interesting biography, and they say he led the "Masonic Resistance". [view link] [view link] Universal Table, used by Martinists instead of tree of life. [view link] Ambelain connected with Memphis-Misraim, along with some other most prominent occultists. [view link] [view link] So much to learn, coming to me in bits and pieces SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    OMS [view link] [view link] [view link] AMORC TMO [view link] [view link] Wow: [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Awesome Video: [view link] So I am reading A. E. Waite on Saint-Martin. I am reading his Mystical Table of Correspondances Between Numbers, it deals with numbers 1 thru 10. Most esoteric thought does seem to come down to things like this, and this is second to none. So I have looked hard for something online which I can show you. Not finding it. But the materials from this OMS are really good. SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    OMS [view link] Public Manifesto [view link] Videos [view link] OMS - Part 5/5 - History of the Gnostic Church [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    OMS - Part 5/5 - History of the Gnostic Church [view link] This OMS, they are ordaining their own bishops and claiming apostolic descent. I had no idea that Martinism ever went this far. They claim to have translated Saint-Martin's Truth and Error. This guy is the Grand Master and stars in most of the videos: SAR COEUR DE LA CROIX ^^^^^ Might be Samuel Robinson ??? The Memphis Misraim Egyptian Masonry Review Jan 10, 2020 [view link] " The Egyptian Rite of Memphis Misraim is one of the most influential occult orders in history. Major names such as Blavatsky, Rudolf Steiner, Aleister Crowley, Harvey Spencer Lewis, Papus, to name just a few, are amongst those who worked with its rituals and leading figures. Today, very few modern occultists realize the extent as just how much influence this Rite has on their work. " I look on Amazon: Errors and Truth [view link] Don't know if this is theirs, or if this Piers a Vaughan is their people: [view link] [view link] [view link] " AMORC Trinosophia Score The first score examined is the Trinosophia Score. The word means ‘Three Arts of Wisdom.’ The manifestos specify the paths of Alchemy, Cabala and Magic as being the true arts of the Rosicrucians. " Scoring AMORC, this is totally off the charts, blowing me away! [view link] [view link] Rosicrucian Orders, Franz Hartmann, 1890 [view link] OMS recommends AMORC Members read: The Hermetic Link: From Secret Tradition to Modern Thought Paperback – April 1, 2012 by Jacob Slavenburg [view link] [view link] IBIS Press ( very good sign, believed to be James Wasserman) Reviewing the Rosicrucian Groups: [view link] To Be Continued SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    The Egyptian Rite of Memphis Misraim is one of the most influential occult orders in history. [view link] Are Rosicrucians Really Christians? [view link] " We have to turn to the original sources that inspire the movement, particularly the Rosicrucian manifestos of the early 1600’s and start from there. Several symbols and orders may prove valid going into the 1700’s, in an era when alchemy was still practiced and the original Rosicrucian ideals were still fresh in their European minds. Today what we are going to focus on is an often heated argument, concerning the real core of the Rosicrucian teachings; are Rosicrucians really Christian? " OMS - Part 5/5 - History of the Gnostic Church [view link] [view link] [view link] Reviewing AMORC, and they do see it as highly influenced by New Thought, and in past decades you and I had talked much about these sorts of teachings [view link] OMS Grand Master's Facebook Page [view link] might also be him [view link] but also Paul Edward Rana SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Need to keep track of some book references: The Hermetic Link: From Secret Tradition to Modern Thought Paperback – April 1, 2012 by Jacob Slavenburg Robert Ambelain books, French only, not in libraries. The Hermetic Link: From Secret Tradition to Modern Thought Paperback – April 1, 2012 by Jacob Slavenburg Mircea Eliade, he was a fascist, and people use him to tar Ambelain. But I don't think Robert Ambelain was any kind of a fascist. [view link] ********************** Transcendental magic : its doctrine and ritual / by Eliphas Levi ; translation [and] biographical preface by Arthur Edward Waite This is due soon: Hidden intercourse : eros and sexuality in the history of Western esotericism / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal ( available now ) The Gnostics and their remains, ancient and mediaeval / by C.W. King. (1887, available) Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007 - 179 pages, awesome cover ) Readily available The secret history of western sexual mysticism : sacred practices and spiritual marriage / Arthur Versluis (2008, and this guy has a lot of interesting books, above is available right now! ) Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis. (2007 - 179 pages, awesome cover ) Readily available Clement Salaman etal, The Way of Hermes, 2011 Francis Yates, Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition, 1971 and of course Mark Sedgwick George Steiner, Martin Heidegger (1987) okay Hermes explains : thirty questions about western esotericism : celebrating the 20th anniversary of the centre for History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents at the University of Amsterdam / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff, Peter J. Forshaw and Marco Pasi (2019) Tertium organum : the third canon of thought : a key to the enigmas of the world / P.D. Ouspensky ; revised translation by E. Kadloubovsky and the author ; originally translated by Nicholas Bessaraboff and Claude Bragdon In search of the miraculous : fragments of an unknown teaching / P. D. Ouspensky. And then Gary Lachman, always good: Beyond the robot : the life and work of Colin Wilson / Gary Lachman (2016) In search of P.D. Ouspensky : the genius in the shadow of Gurdjieff / Gary Lachman (2006) And then Collin Wison: G.I. Gurdjieff / by Colin Wilson 1986 And then Georg Feuerstein, who has written lots of good books: Structures of consciousness : the genius of Jean Gebser-- an introduction and critique / Georg Feuerstein (1987) Sacred sexuality : living the vision of the erotic spirit / Georg Feuerstein (1993) Schuré, Edouard, 1841-1929. The great initiates : a study of the secret history of religions / translated from the French by Gloria Rasberry. Introd. by Paul M. Allen. , available 1961 English edition Andrei Zamenski, Red Shambhala, Quest Books 2011 The Rite of Memphis-Misraïm [view link] [view link] Alessandro Cagliostro 2 June 1743 – 26 August 1795 [view link] The practical art of divine magic : contemporary & ancient techniques of theurgy / Patrick Dunn. (2015) but not available Condensed chaos : an introduction to chaos magic / by Phil Hine ; foreword by Peter J. Carroll. ( should soon be available ) SJG Great Enclosed Heel Stripper Shoes [view link] “I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.” —Socrates [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Theosophia : hidden dimensions of Christianity / Arthur Versluis (1994), also looks most interesting. [view link] [view link] Arthur Versluis [view link] Arthur Versluis (born 1959) is a professor and Department Chair of Religious Studies in the College of Arts & Letters at Michigan State University.[ [view link] Gnosticism as a Viable Political Movement [view link] The New Heresies [view link] and lots of other videos too! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    1stDeg.Rite 1of13 Memphis-Mizraim Opening [view link] Should be 13 parts to the above video series. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Yes, lots of videos for this group [view link] Gnostic Church, OTO, Thelema, and in Indiana. I have notices lots of such things in Indiana, usually Bloomington. Population 85k. It makes sense that much would derive from this, as there are in the Western Tradition, only so many ritual prototypes. And I am sure that the East has less. So Amorc derived its rituals from Memphis-Mizraim. Golden Dawn also drawing from Masonry. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    I think Gnosis is better understood today than it was a few decades ago. It had been seen as just the views, often mischaracterized, of a few historic groups. Today I think it is much better understood. And I agree that Religious Fundamentalism is the enemy of it. Today most Esoteric / Occult groups want to see their workings as Gnostic. Jesus says to "Be in the world but not of it". Well as I see it, the most important part of the world to apply this to is the Church. You want to be "In the Church but not of it." And you want churches which are more conducive to this. I think there has been a proliferation of groups and teachers, and overall it is a better situation. I think some of this is just the Internet, with text and video, disseminating information and raising the bar. Some people think that because of the Internet there is less need for library books. I find the opposite to be true. Because of the Internet you have to read more books, and more old books, to be competent and knowledgeable. I read as many as I can, and it still is never enough. Want to read this, some of the Martinist/Gnostic people hold it in high esteem, and I have long been aware of it. Connects Gnosticism with the philosophy of Existentialism. Always seemed right to me. Originally 1963, and making it clear that at the origins of Christianity you find Gnosis, not prescriptive readings of texts and belief systems. [view link] SJG Otis Redding - Try A Little Tenderness [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    correction: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    The Curse of Cain: The Violent Legacy of Monotheism Regina M. Schwartz Introduces concept of monolotry [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Panosophy, explained [view link] Basilides was an early Christian Gnostic religious teacher in Alexandria, Egypt who taught from 117 to 138 AD, and claimed to have inherited his teachings from the Apostle Saint Matthias. He was a pupil of either Menander, or a supposed disciple of Peter named Glaucias. The Acts of the Disputation with Manes state that for a time he taught among the Persians. He is believed to have written over two dozen books of commentary on the Christian Gospel entitled Exegetica, making him one of the earliest Gospel commentators. Only fragments of his works are preserved that supplement the knowledge furnished by his opponents [view link] [view link] The Mystical State [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Aeon Gnostic Byte, with Tobias Churton [view link] [view link] And Tobias Churton keeps on writing fantastic books. [view link] [view link] [view link] edited by Garry W. Trompf Above is not in libraries, but Trompf has written other books. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Reviewing the Golden Dawn: [view link] Memphis-Misraim [view link] Founder, Giuseppe Garibaldi [view link] Garibaldi : citizen of the world / Alfonso Scirocco ; translated by Allan Cameron (2007) [view link] [view link] [view link] Liberation of Italy [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] John Yarker succeeded Garibaldi SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Reading A. E. Waite on Saint-Martin, especially the aphorisms and maxims, I do feel a similarity to another highly regarded thinker. [view link] Carse taught in the religion department of New York University [view link] His book is widely seen as a blistering denunciation of religion as a scam. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Not sure I would want to be part of this group, but these videos are good. [view link] Lack of translated and openly acceptable Martinist Books and Documents is a serious problem. [view link] SJG SHH [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Will be reading next: Hidden intercourse : eros and sexuality in the history of Western esotericism / edited by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Reading A. E. Waite on Saint-Martin It is a difficult book, long, having to read large sections multiple times. It was also written so long ago, 1901, that it cannot comment an much which has transpired since. So there is talk about Jules Doinel [view link] Doinel being a contemporary of Waite and Papus. [view link] [view link] this is pretty much one and the same with the OTO today. But sounds like originally it was a break away from Doinel's church. [view link] OTC/EGC [view link] Now this is something else, I think the guy in Los Angeles, Stephan A. Hoeller [view link] Now here we have OMS [view link] We also have this: [view link] Then we have this Gnostic Church [view link] That this maybe is the same as the one which connects with the OTO? [view link] It's art work to me seems suggestive of the Gnostic Mass. Above group seems to be breaking with OTO and Thelema and to have some ideas of its own. I guess this is where much of my confusion about Waite rests. He talks like Martinism flows directly into a Gnostic Church. And these Austin OMS people seem to be saying the same things. So much of what Waite is saying about Saint-Martin is that it is just about the origins of evil. And it is how you get from number 1 to number 2. Guy well schooled in Jean Gebser quoted someone else and told me that everything just comes down to how you get from one to two. So Waite makes it like Martinism just flows into a Gnostic Church. And he talks about Jules Doinel Okay, but Doinel eventually abandoned his Gnostic Church and went back to Catholicism and repented. And Waite was writing in 1901. It is later that Gnostic groups really got going. And much of it does seem related to Crowley's Gnostic Mass. He wrote that in 1913, while in Moscow. To me it seems that with the opening and closing of the curtains in front of the altar that he had to have been influenced by the Eastern Orthodox Mass. And then to me, Crowley with his naked woman on the altar, it never seemed that that was intended to result in real sex. It was more just to provoke the imagination. Though I suppose it could lead to whatever one wanted it to lead to. Same for Anton LaVey. And then Waite has written about "Devil Worship in France" which he seems to be saying is somehow related to Martinism. Maybe with Kenneth Grant, a tantra scholar, rituals with a naked woman on the altar, were intended to lead to real sex. And then with the Chaos Magick people, there really are no rules, so it could go how ever people want. So these OMS people in Austin TX seem to see Martinism as going to a Gnostic Church. And then I guess I want to see Martinism and Gnosticism and Kabbalah as related to the ideas of Jean Gebser. Crowley's Gnostic Mass, naked woman sitting on the altar, and such suggested by the above Gnostic Church, to me what it seems to be is indeed about the number 2, as in the Priestess sitting on her throne for the second Major Arcanum of the Tarot. At this point I have to ask myself, do I have enough time left on this present incarnation to be able to read the hundred or so more books it seems like I am going to need to really understand this stuff. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Psychedelic Jazz [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Some of this gets into the question of just how many different ritual types are their in Western Religion and Esotericism. Looking at some Martinist stuff, theirs seem like table top ritual. But they are coming from a Masonic background. And how much does Masonic ritual have to do with what went on in Egyptian, Hebrew, and Jewish temples, and even with animal sacrifice. And then there is the Christian Eucharist, and is that really a separate thread? Seemingly tied to Melchizedek, and to Egypt, and presented as being the alternate form to liturgical sex, and then this also suggested by what we know of Gnosticism of the Apostolic Era. And then Robert Ellwood of the Theosophical Society tying Eucharist to Masonic rituals and to the mystery schools of the Roman Empire too. I am really just treading water in all this. SJG Psychedelic Jazz [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Martinist / Gnostic Video [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Reply to a friend: ’That which is called the Christian religion existed among the ancients and never did not exist from the beginning of the human race.’ "This sense of the Christian Religion being understood it may be said today that Christianity is a system of mere beliefs; and the church does not teach the Christian religion and it is not in any sense the religion of Christ understood as you would want it practiced." Its worse than that, its just an ideology. It is the anathema of faith, it is based on fear and on fatalism. And I am completely opposed to it. What you are saying to me sounds a lot like Richard Rohr. [view link] I agree with Rohr. I see the Christ of Believers as the Anti-Christ. Universality is the answer to the I AM A CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT. Rohr also delayed publication of his book to allow for Crossan. Extremely interesting, and largely a picture book [view link] Though I like what Rohr and Crossan are doing, I still stop short of going totally along with them in their public advocacy of Christianity. I take much exception to each of them. People need completely different kinds of education, in my view. Reading A. E. Waite on Saint-Martin It is a difficult book, long, having to read large sections multiple times. It was also written so long ago, 1901, that it cannot comment on much which has transpired since. So there is talk about Jules Doinel [view link] Doinel being a contemporary of Waite and Papus. [view link] [view link] This is pretty much one and the same with the OTO today. But sounds like originally it was a break away from Doinel's church. [view link] OTC/EGC [view link] Now this is something else, I think the guy in Los Angeles, Stephan A. Hoeller [view link] Now here we have OMS [view link] We also have this: [view link] Then we have this Gnostic Church [view link] That this maybe is the same as the one which connects with the OTO? [view link] Its art work to me seems suggestive of the Gnostic Mass. Above group seems to be breaking with OTO and Thelema and to have some ideas of its own. I guess this is where much of my confusion about Waite rests. He talks like Martinism flows directly into a Gnostic Church. And these Austin OMS people seem to be saying the same things. OMS Martinist / Gnostic Video, quite interesting. [view link] So much of what Waite is saying about Saint-Martin is that it is just about the origins of evil. And it is how you get from number 1 to number 2. Long ago, someone well schooled in Jean Gebser, quoted someone else and told me that everything just comes down to how you get from one to two. So Waite makes it like Martinism just flows into a Gnostic Church. And he talks about Jules Doinel Okay, but Doinel eventually abandoned his Gnostic Church and went back to Catholicism and repented. And Waite was writing in 1901. It is later that Gnostic groups really got going. And much of it does seem related to Crowley's Gnostic Mass. He wrote that in 1913, while in Moscow. To me it seems that with the opening and closing of the curtains in front of the altar that he had to have been influenced by the Eastern Orthodox Mass. And then to me, Crowley with his naked woman on the altar, it never seemed that that was intended to result in real sex. It was more just to provoke the imagination. Though I suppose it could lead to whatever one wanted it to lead to. Same for Anton LaVey. Here, OTO in Los Angeles, late 30's, attic of a house: [view link] And then later this would be moved to Pasadena as Jack Whiteside Parson's took it over. With Marjorie Cameron they would be making a Moon Child, so they said. And with the scrying assistance of the notorious L. Ron Hubbard. I am totally opposed to Hubbard. And then it would be some from this 1940's group in Pasadena who would emerge again in the 1970's as the widow of one Karl Germer passed away and there was conflict over who had rights to the library, and as to who runs the OTO world wide. And then Waite has written about "Devil Worship in France" which he seems to be saying is somehow related to Martinism. Anton LaVey's practice of a naked woman on an altar seems to have come from Joris-Karl Huysmans's "Das Bas". But with LaVey it still seems like the whole thing is just intended to scandalize people to make them curious. Maybe with Kenneth Grant, a tantra scholar, rituals with a naked woman on the altar, were intended to lead to real sex. But there is a serious paucity of available books from which to learn about him. But this and this author are really interesting: [view link] And then with the Chaos Magick people, there really are no rules, so it could go how ever people want. So these OMS people in Austin TX seem to see Martinism as going to a Gnostic Church. And then I guess I want to see Martinism and Gnosticism and Kabbalah as related to the ideas of Jean Gebser. Crowley's Gnostic Mass, naked woman sitting on the altar, and such suggested by the above Gnostic Church, to me what it seems to be is indeed about the number 2, as in the Priestess sitting on her throne for the second Major Arcanum of the Tarot. [view link] Some of this gets into the question of just how many different ritual types are their in Western Religion and Esotericism. Looking at some Martinist stuff, theirs seem like table top ritual. But they are coming from a Masonic background. And how much does Masonic ritual have to do with what went on in Egyptian, Hebrew, and Jewish temples, and even with animal sacrifice. And then there is the Christian Eucharist, and is that really a separate thread? Seemingly tied to Melchizedek, and to Egypt, and presented as being the alternate form to liturgical sex, and then this also suggested by what we know of Gnosticism of the Apostolic Era. And then Robert Ellwood of the Theosophical Society tying Eucharist to Masonic rituals and to the mystery schools of the Roman Empire too. I am really just treading water in all this. I have to ask myself, do I have enough time left on this present incarnation to be able to read the hundred or so more books it seems like I am going to need to really understand this stuff. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Waite, writing about Louis Claude de Saint Martin, so much talk about will. All seems to center around that. So it does sound like Aleister Crowley and his Thelema. But I don't go along with Crowley. Seems to much like Libertarianism and Ayn Rand. Really just an adolescent rebellion against one's parents. As I see, in Saint-Martin it is quite a bit different. But I may need more books to really understand Saint-Martin, and the books are not available, not even translated. As as far as this being about number and progression, many occult things are, and I am always interested in that, as it always has to correspond to the other systems. But still like I say, I am treading water in this kind of subject matter. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Saint-Martin has a different idea about creation and original sin. Most of the time this stuff does come down to how one sees original sin. And it does get classed as gnosticism. I for one am deeply offended at how the Evangelicals see this, and so I won't hear it from them. Catholic church better, but I still do not go along with it. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Martinism is very important. I want to understand. Would like access to this OMS group's translated documents. But still I would rather learn more broadly on my own. But lack of Martinist documents other places. SJG About elephants [view link] OMS - Part 5/5 - History of the Gnostic Church [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    [view link] Henry More coined the term Gnostic or Gnosticism. In Isis Unveiled HPB discusses his ideas. 12 October 1614 – 1 September 1687 SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Reading A. E. Waite on St. Martin, it is a challenge, but it resonates with me in certain ways. So as I am talking it: 1. Fall of man is when we lose contact with that magical world which children live in, losing access to the spiritual hierarchies between God and man. And then of Lucifer / Satan, he is the Light Bearer, but we turn him into something bad instead. And then deeming him bad, we actually worship him, while saying we don't. And the only reason people profess to be Christians is because they worship Satan and are afraid of him. ^^^^ This is my own read on this of course. SJG [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Done with A. E. Waite. I could do with spending more time on his Book IV and Book V. But I could also benefit from more Saint-Martin and related info. To me one of the important things about Saint-Martin is that what you are seeing is supposed to be something you can just know. And to me, it is that way. It just feels right, where with Christian Orthodoxy and the Evangelical Movement, you know it is just wrong. [view link] Esoteric teachings will usually say that science and most other things use deductive reasoning, where as their esotericism uses induction. So by induction I can know that what St. Martin says is so. St. Martin sees evil as coming from will being thwarted. So this is very different from orthodoxy. To me it seems related to Rousseau. And Waite says that Saint-Martin was influenced by Rousseau. I take a great deal of exception to Rousseau. But what Saint Martin is saying is not the same. There is so much talk in Saint-Martin about will, that it does sound like Golden Dawn and Aliester Crowley. And OMS talks about this, makes the comparison. Rousseau is the beginnings of pedagogy, and this means the beginning of the Middle-Class Family. So if I can be a bit presumptuous, as I see what St. Martin is saying, a child lives in a magical world with all sorts of spiritual hierarchies. Usually esoteric groups want this. For me it always seemed strange that they want this. But I knew it as a child, absolutely. Then the child starts to get lost, to misunderstand and misconstrue these hierarchies. And so as Waite explains, the result, the consequence, is to not be able to understand or perceive it any more. Basically the child starts to become like the parents, a muggle, like Archie Bunker or Homer Simpson. And then of Satan / Lucifer, he is the bringer of light, he is good, and he should be very important. But not being able to perceive or understand, people make him into something evil. So it takes sustained hard work to find a way back. But it is not a matter of blind submission as Exoteric Christianity would make it. It takes will! It takes all which they consider evil. Now as far as the Gnostic Church Fathers and Neo-Platonists, what your examples have in common is that they are not in GBWW. It is a parallel and esoteric tradition. Tobias Churton writes, though I cannot remember exactly how he puts it, that Gnosticism offers a remote God, as opposed to an immanent God. So I say, that is why Gnostics always have the spiritual hierarchy. Religion always wants you to have the "personal relationship with God". Even Jewish Spiritual Direction pushes this. Sounds nice. But it also makes you subordinate to the group, and it blinds you too. So in hand now, 500+ pages, chapters written by different people: [view link] SJG Kabbalah Class #1 - Intro to the Tree of Life & Hebrew Letters [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    [view link] Hidden Intercourse: Eros and Sexuality in the History of Western Esotericism by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal So due to a scheduling problem I will not be able to have this book on hand for very long. But no matter really 'cause it is a very demanding book, 500 pages, each chapter written by a different person. Need really to be reading this in conjunction with outside materials to support each chapter. Let me just mention a few things right off. Allison P. Coudert, Paul and Marie Castelfranco Chair in the Religious Studies Program at UC Davis. Books include Leibniz and the Kabbalah (1995) Thomas Lake Harris [view link] [view link] SJG This Is The Blues [ 31 ] ~ 2008 ( Modern Electric Blues ) (over 4 hours) [view link] Robin Trower - Twice Removed From Yesterday Album (1973 [view link] Lady Love (2007 Remaster) [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Allison P. Coudert, UC Davis [view link] [view link] SJG [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] Robin Trower - For Earth Below (1975) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Allison P. Coudert, UC Davis Her book about Leibniz is a bit obscure, but others not so. The impact of the Kabbalah in the seventeenth century : the life and thought of Francis Mercury van Helmont (1614-1698) / by Allison P. Coudert (1988) Religion, magic, and science in early modern Europe and America / Allison P. Coudert (2011)
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So reading: Hidden Intercourse: Eros and Sexuality in the History of Western Esotericism by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal Hugh Urban has written lots of books. He is at The OSU. An earlier book about Tantra I worked through years back. Here he has a similar chapter. Showing the differences between Indian Tantra and American Neo-Tantra. Here he says some interesting things. Western Occultists were looking to find Western Sex Magic in Tantra. There had long been accusations against Templars and Cathars of engaging in Sex Magic. I think this unlikely of Cathars, but I don't really know. Of Templars it is what they would have learned from the Muslim Occultists Nizari [view link] But is seems that the first believable Western writings on Sex Magic come to us in Paschal Beverly Randolph (1825-1875), son of a wealthy VA father and of a black slave from Madagascar. Randolph sailed the world and we don't know where he got his ideas. We have Sexuality, magic and perversion / Francis King ( 1970's, but not really available) The secret rituals of O.T.O. / edited and introduced by Francis King ( also not available ) Mind & magic / Francis X. King (1991 available) and Paschal Beverly Randolph : a nineteenth-century Black American spiritualist, Rosicrucian, and sex magician / John Patrick Deveney ; with a foreword by Franklin Rosemont (1997 available) The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor : initiatic and historical documents of an order of practical occultism / [edited by] Joscelyn Godwin, Christian Chanel, John P. Deveney (1995 available) SJG B minor has the same scale as D major, and that is an intense, haunting key, often used by Red Hot Chili Peppers B Minor Jam - Eric Clapton (461 Ocean Boulevard) [view link] Rainbow - Catch The Rainbow (1975) [view link] [view link] [view link] Deep Purple-Child in Time [view link] [view link] Led Zeppelin [view link] Lady Zep [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Some Esoteric and Occult Books, are they available in libraries? The darkened room : women, power, and spiritualism in late Victorian England / Alex Owen (2004) Available The place of enchantment : British occultism and the culture of the modern / Alex Owen (2004) online only The History of British Magic After Crowley by Dave Evans, 2007 [view link] Also by the same author, 2007 Aleister Crowley and the 20th Century Synthesis of Magick [view link] Look real good, but the above two books and their author are not in libraries! Harry Potter : a history of magic (2018) 272 pages, available also this smaller 2017 book Harry Potter : a journey through a history of magic / illustrations by Jim Kay, Olivia Lomenech Gill. available. Condensed chaos : an introduction to chaos magic / by Phil Hine ; foreword by Peter J. Carroll (2010, but manuscript goes back further ) available The practical art of divine magic : contemporary & ancient techniques of theurgy / Patrick Dunn (2015) not actually available, in library only or copies lost [view link] has written many books, most are available in libraries Arthur Versluis, Chair of the Department of Religious Studies and Professor in the College of Arts & Letters at Michigan State University. for example Theosophia : hidden dimensions of Christianity / Arthur Versluis (1994) The esoteric origins of the American renaissance / Arthur Versluis (2001) European esoteric currents -- Esotericism in early America -- The esoteric ambience of the American Renaissance -- Hitchcock -- Poe -- Hawthorne -- Melville -- Greaves -- Alcott -- Emerson -- Fuller -- Whitman -- Dickinson -- The esoteric origins of the American Renaissance The secret history of western sexual mysticism : sacred practices and spiritual marriage / Arthur Versluis (2008) Magic and mysticism : an introduction to Western esotericism / Arthur Versluis (2007) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So continuing to read: Hidden Intercourse: Eros and Sexuality in the History of Western Esotericism by Wouter J. Hanegraaff and Jeffrey J. Kripal Looking to chapter written by Hans Thomas Hakl, talking about 4 early 20th Century groups. [view link] [view link] ^^^^ that Hermeticism Library in Amsterdam Fascinating: [view link] Eranos : an alternative intellectual history of the twentieth century / Hans Thomas Hakl ; translated by Christopher McIntosh ; with the collaboration of Hereward Tilton ( 2013 in libraries! ) SJG Squatting in high heels [view link] Wireless Remote Control Bullet Vibe [view link] Peter Frampton Do You Feel Like We Do (2019, quite interesting) [view link] Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Heard It Through The Grapevine [view link] Amy Winehouse/Paul Weller - I heard it through the grapevine.Hootynanny 2006. [view link] [view link] Jefferson Starship Miracles [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    [view link] This library is very well known. Not sure if above is the same. [view link] So Fraternitas Saturni was started in Berlin in 1928. Right here: Fire & Ice: Magical Teachings of Germany's Greatest Secret Occult Order (Llewellyn's Teutonic Magick Series) The Brotherhood of Saturn is one of Germany's most secret occult lodges and unknown to magicians of the English-speaking world. This is the first study of its inner documents and workings. Discover the fascinating histories of its founders and leaders. Witness the development of its magical beliefs and practices and its banishment by the Nazi government. The Saturnian path of initiation is revealed in full detail. by Stephen Edred Flowers, 1995 Llewellyn and also The Fraternitas Saturni: History, Doctrine, and Rituals of the Magical Order of the Brotherhood of Saturn (2018) by Stephen E. Flowers Ph.D. [view link] look: [view link] The FS would be a huge influence on the London Crowley OTO successor Kenneth Grant! Right here, available: Fire and ice The Fraternitas Saturni : history, doctrine, and rituals of the magical order of the Brotherhood of Saturn / Stephen E. Flowers, Ph. D. (2018, Inner Traditions, Rochester VT) So Flowers has other books in libraries. But they do not have: Fire & Ice: Magical Teachings of Germany's Greatest Secret Occult Order (Llewellyn's Teutonic Magick Series) Sex Magic thread [view link] [view link] So Grosche started his group, FS, in 1928. The Nazi's prohibited it, but he got it going again after the war. He continued till his passing in 1964. [view link] Any who have followed my posting might have noticed some years back that I found the absence of the Grotsch literary estate was a huge loss. I feel that even more strongly now, but I would seem to be available! I also like that this is being mediated by someone who is fascist politically conscious, as support for fascism is the Achilles heel for so much of this, people like Stephan Bannon.
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Okay, so apparently this Starfire Publishing, London, does have the Kenneth Grant books available. This had been their stated intent. And they can be contacted here: admin(AT)starfirepublishing(DOT)co(DOT)uk probably best way to find any continuation of Grant's Typhonian Order. Books mostly not in libraries, but that is standard for Occult. At least they can be bought for a sensible price. [view link] SJG TJ Street [view link] Wes Montgomery - Round Midnight [view link] Bill Evans [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Israel Regardie, 1932 [view link] The Ciceros have added another 2x to the book, but their material is good too. This was Regardie's first book, published before Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah. [view link] SJG Ne-Yo [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Looking at things from this book about Fraternitas Saturni, a German group, started 1926 in Berlin, still going: [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] THis might be the main source for Flowers: [view link] SJG OMS Martinism BBW [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Eranos: An Alternative Intellectual History of the Twentieth Century Hans Thomas Hakl [view link] Eranos Foundation [view link] Pacifica Graduate Institute, in Santa Barbara CA [view link] Prominent in these discussions is the Islamicist Henry Corbin [view link] And then there is James Hillman. And then Kathleen Raine, wrote very interesting stuff about William Blake, and about art in general [view link] She corresponded with the UK's Prince Charles, after having been introduced to him by Laurens van der Post [view link] And then Jan Assmann, a big critic of monotheism [view link] Marion Woodman is not mentioned. [view link] [view link] SJG OMS Martinism [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Eranos: An Alternative Intellectual History of the Twentieth Century Hans Thomas Hakl page 257, an academic Marxist, Hans Heinz Holz, in 1997, talked about Eranos as "Pseudo-Gnosis", and "a late bourgeois flight from the world". This is the usual Marxist critique of religion and esoteric groups, and here it gets to how such people often were supporting the Nazi Party. So Hakl sets about to open all of this up, drawing upon lots and lots of sources. Erik Hornung Wouter Hanegraaf Hans Jonas was a student of Martin Heiddeger. Up until recently he has gone unchallenged. Ioan Culianu has written about Jonas. Peter Koslowski Sees Chrisitan Gnosis as involving the notion of co-responsibility for creation. Robert Ellwood Michael Allen William, Rethinking Gnosticism Karen L. King, was not such thing as Gnosticism Barbara Aland Christopher Markschies SJG [view link] [view link] [view link] new TJ Street video [view link] [view link] [view link] they have a slut wear store in the zona [view link] [view link] Chicago Club [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Michael Allen William, Rethinking Gnosticism Rethinking Gnosticism: An Argument for Dismantling a Dubious Category (1996) [view link] Rethinking "Gnosticism" : an argument for dismantling a dubious category / Michael Allen Williams. (1996) readily available. Peter Koslowski [view link] did write about gnosis okay, but it is actually Pierre Klossowski who was the Deleuze and Guattari ref. [view link] Nietzsche and the Vicious Circle Pierre Klossowski he also wrote Nietzsche and the Vicious Circle Pierre Klossowski Robert Ellwood Theosophy: A Modern Expression of the Wisdom of the Ages (2014) The Politics of Myth (Suny Series, Issues in the Study of Religion): A Study of C. G. Jung, Mircea Eliade, and Joseph Campbell (1999) Karen L. King What Is Gnosticism? Revised ed. Edition [view link] Barbara Aland Die Gnosis: Reclam Sachbuch (German Edition) May 28, 2014 Between Two Worlds: Structures of Early Christianity by Christopher Markschies | Oct 1, 1999 [view link] SJG Some esoteric Islam and Yazidi materials [view link] Martinism [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] New TJ Street Video [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Ancient Martinist Order ( I believe in Indiana ) [view link] links [view link] their memphis-misraim link does not work. But this works [view link] Among the Masonic Rites, this Rite has occupied a particular position since its origin. It has its place among the Egyptian rites that drank from the source of the ancient initiatic traditions of the Mediterranean basin: Pythagoreans, Alexandrian hermetic authors, neo-Platonics, the Sabbeans of Harrân, Ismaelies ... It was necessary to wait until the XVIIIth century to find any traces in Europe. These rites were numerous but only two among them came to us: Misraïm and later Memphis. These two would associate and then merge under the influence of General Garibaldi in 1881. The Rite of Misraïm Since 1738, one can find traces of this Rite filled with alchemical, occult and Egyptian references, with a structure of 90 degrees. Joseph Balsamo, called Cagliostro, a key character of his time, known how to give it the impulse necessary for its development. Very close to the Grand Master of the Order of the Knights of Malta, Manual Pinto de Fonseca, Cagliostro founded the Rite of High Egyptian Masonry in 1784. He received, between 1767 and 1775, from Sir Knight Luigi d’Aquino, the brother of the national Grand Master of Neapolitan Masonry, the Arcana Arcanorum, three very high hermetic degrees. In 1788, he introduced them into the Rite of Misraïm and gave a patent to this Rite. It developed quickly in Milan, Genoa and Naples. In 1803, it was introduced by Joseph Marc and Michel Bédarride. During this period of time, the Rite recruited not only aristocrats but Bonapartists and Republicans, and sometimes even revolutionary Carbonari. It was forbidden in 1817, following the business of the Four Sergeants of La Rochelle and the uneasyness caused by the Carbonari. It became the meeting-place of opponents to the regime. This progressively let to its decline. Toward 1890, the last Masons of the Rite regrouped in the only remaining Lodge: Arc-en-Ciel. The Rite of Memphis Constituted by Jacques Etienne Marconis de Nègre in 1838, the Rite of Memphis is a variant of the Rite of Misraïm. It takes the Egypto - alchemical mythology and completes it with pieces borrowed from the Templars and chivalry. The Rite of Memphis attracted personalities in quest of an ideal. It knew a certain success among military Lodges until 1841; the date where it was put to sleep. But, with the dismissal of Louis - Philippe in 1848, the Rite was reactivated. In England, from about 1850 numerous English Lodges worked the Rite of Memphis in French. They maintained celebrity for having welcomed ardent Republicans (Louis Blanc, Alfred Talandier, Charles Longuet and Joseph Garibaldi, (honorary member)). In 1871, the crash of the Commune of Paris contributed to a decrease in Lodges that would further decline around 1880 following the declaration of amnesty of the new French republican government. In Egypt, from 1873, the Rite of Memphis developed quickly, under the direction of Brother Solutore Avventure Zola, Grand Hierophant until the reign of king Farouk. In the United States, Marconis de Nègre implanted the Rite around 1856. There was a noticeable emphatuation, particularly under the Grand Mastery of Brother Seymour in 1861. The Rite of Memphis-Misraïm In 1881, General Garibaldi was preparing to fuse the two Rites, which would be effective as of 1889. From this moment, the Rite of Memphis-Misraïm became implanted on the many different continents of the world. The Ancient and Primitive Rite of Memphis-Misraïm From the fusion of the two Rites International Grand Master Deputy International Grand Master 9/1881 Joseph GARIBALDI 9/1882 1882 Giambattista PESSINA 1883 3/30/1900 Francesco Degli ODDI John YARKER 1902 John YARKER 3/20/1913 Theodore REUSS 1924 Jean BRICAUD 1/21/1934 Constant CHEVILON Henri Charles DUPONT 1945 Henri Charles DUPONT Robert AMBELAIN 10/1/1960 Robert AMBELAIN Pierre de RIBAUCOURT (2/27/1963) Edouard de RIBAUCOURT (3/17/1963) Claude R. TRIPET (10/16/1976) Gerard KLOPPEL (11/26/1983) 1/1/1985 Gerard KLOPPEL Marcel LAPERRUQUE Georges Claude VIEILLEDENT 1998 Georges Claude VIEILLEDENT Claude R. TRIPET (2001) 2003 Claude TRIPET Alain DUMAINE 2004 Alain DUMAINE Clélia TRIPET 2010 Fernando GUERRA MENDINA USA Soverign Grand Masters Sovereign Grand Master Sovereign Grand Inspector 1998 Ronald Cappello 2010 Mary Lou Cappello Ronald Cappello seems to have passed away in 2016 [view link] has his picture [view link] also picture [view link] SJG backdoor [view link] [view link] Caramel Star, one who knows how to dress for pleasure [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Okay, so the funeral notice for Ronald Cappello links back to: [view link] This is important as I do not know how many Memphis-Misraim organizations there might be. And so his wife MaryLou Cappella has succeeded him Ronald was a devoted Mason serving as Sovereign Grand Master of the Ancient and Primitive Right of Memphis-Misraim, a member of the Hugnat Lodge #46 F.&A.M. for 34 years, he was also a member of the Bethlehem Crusader Knights Templar, the Royal Arch Masons, the Cryptic Masons, the Grand College of Rites of the USA, the Royal Order of Scotland, the Rosicrucian Order and the Knights Templar Order of the Temple. He was Past Grad Master of the Martinist Order of the Temple and a representative for the Grand Lodge of Western Australia. And this Memphis-Misraim group is based in Yorkshire NY. Circular Templar Church in the UK [view link] SJG Caramel Star, woman who knows how to dress for sexual pleasure: [view link] OMS Martinism [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ****** The invention of satanism / Asbjørn Dyrendal, James R. Lewis, and Jesper AA. Petersen (2015) ****** ***** Lure of the sinister : the unnatural history of Satanism / Gareth J. Medway. (2001) ***** [view link] SJG Caramel Star [view link] backdoor [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    Back to spamming the board with over 100 comments on a topic that nobody reads other than the members of your organization that consists of 1 person? SMH. Bacon!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Lengthy review of Memphis Misraim [view link] SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Of Memphis and of Misraim, the Oriental Silence of the Winged Sun: History of the Egyptian Rites of Freemasonry; its Rites, Rituals and Mysteries Paperback – October 4, 2018
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^^ by Milko Bogard [view link] [view link] This book offers a historical study of the Masonic "Rite of Memphis-Misraim", allegedly established in 1881. The "Rite of Memphis" and the "Rite of Misraim" were originally separate bodies that originated in the first half of 19th century France. The Rite often refers to Cagliostro (1743-1795), an Italian alchemist, Freemason, healer, and "a key figure of his time", who allegedly gave the organization the impulse necessary for its development. This Masonic system of "High Degrees" is sometimes known as "Egyptian Freemasonry" due to the invocation of Hermetic derived esoteric symbolism that is filled with alchemical, occult and Egyptian references. These degrees blend Christian, Kabbalistic, Neo-Platonic, Pythagorean mysteries, and beyond, within a single Rite of 90 degrees. "Of Memphis and of Misraim, the Oriental Silence of the Winged Sun" is one of the most comprehensive books of its type ever published in the English language. That’s why this book is so engaging, with some 400 pages, unveiling the stream of Hermes that passes through Masonry, from the soul of Cagliostro onto the various Egyptian Rites today... Contents:1] FRANC-MAÇONNERIE - THE DEVELOPMENT OF HIGH GRADES IN FRENCH MASONRY DURING THE 18TH CENTURY. 2] ON THE ORIGINS OF EGYPTIAN MASONRY, CAGLIOSTRO. 3] RITE DE MISRAÎM. 4] RITE DE MEMPHIS. 5] THE CARBONARI AND THE ORIENTAL RITE. 6] JOHN YARKER AND THE ANTIENT AND PRIMITIVE RITE OF MASONRY. 7] 1881 - THE ANCIENT AND PRIMITIVE RITE OF MEMPHIS-MISRAÎM. 8] 1934 - THE EGYPTIAN RITE OF THE F.U.D.O.S.I. 9] MEMPHIS-MISRAÎM - THE ORDER WORLDWIDE. 10] MM; ITS SYMBOLISM & DEGREES and finally, the Appendix: I : The Egytian Rite of the Theosophists II : La Grande Hiérophanie and the Arcana Arcanorum III : The Magi of Memphis SJG OMS Martinism [view link] Coffee Girls That I Know [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    1stDeg.Rite 1of13 Memphis-Mizraim Opening [view link] [view link] ^^^^^ many videos, seems to be Crowley/EGC related [view link] ********************** There are other Memphis Misraim Masonic groups in the US. I do not know if they connect or not. SJG Great Enclosed Heel Stripper Shoe [view link]
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    NOBODY READS ANY OF THE SHIT YOU POST!!!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    This is very telling [view link] 99 degrees [view link] This seems to run in New York, Illinois, and Texas [view link] other states too [view link] another thing on facebook [view link] another site [view link] [view link] [view link] says it started in Naples [view link] [view link] [view link] Looks like Licio Gelli and the Propaganda Duae lodge [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Freemasons for dummies / by Christopher Hodapp (2013) The Freemasons : unlocking the 1000-year-old mysteries of the Brotherhood : the Masonic rituals, codes, signs and symbols explained with over 200 photographs and illustrations / Jeremy Hardwood (2015) The Freemasons : the illustrated book of an ancient brotherhood / Michael Johnstone (2013) Secrets and practices of the Freemasons : sacred mysteries, rituals and symbols revealed / Jean-Louis De Biasi. Imprint Woodbury, Minn. : Llewellyn Publications, ©2010, notice the publisher! SJG [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The History Of Freemasonry, 5 Volume Set, Vols. 1, 2 & 4-6 Hardcover – January 1, 1910 by R.F. Gould (Author) [view link] 0 The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry Or The Secret of Hiram Abiff (MASONIC ESSAYS) Paperback – April 27, 2020 by Manly P. Hall (Author) [view link] The lost keys of Freemasonry / Manly P. Hall. (2006) * Who Was Hiram Abiff? Hardcover – September 10, 2010 by J. S. M. Ward (Author) [view link] Ward, J. S. M. (John Sebastian Marlow), 1885-1949 Title Freemasonry and the ancient gods / by J.S.M. Ward ; with an introduction by Sir John A. Cockburn (1921) 0 The Hidden Life in Freemasonry Paperback – June 23, 2017 by Charles W. Leadbeater (Author) ( have to take C. W. Leadbeater with a grain of salt ) Leadbeater, C. W. (Charles Webster), 1854-1934. Title Freemasonry and its ancient mystic rites / C.W. Leadbeater. (1998 reprint, read already ) + The Palace of Minos A Comparative Account of the Successive Stages of the Early Cretan Civilization as Illustrated by the Discoveries at Knossos Evans, Arthur Sir The Palace of Minos: A Comparative Account of the Successive Stages of the Early Cretan Civilization as Illustrated by the Discoveries at Knossos (Cambridge Library Collection - Archaeology) (Part 2) by Arthur Evans (Author), really old book. Evans, Arthur, Sir, 1851-1941. Title The palace of Minos ; a comparative account of the successive stages of the early Cretan civilization as illustrated by the discoveries at Knossos / by Sir Arthur Evans ... (actually 4 volumes, 1921-1935) SJG tempest666 [view link] Black BBW [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    A.E. Waite The book of black magic and of pacts : including the rites and mysteries of goëtic theurgy, sorcery, and infernal necromancy * The book of ceremonial magic : including the rites and mysteries of Goetic theurgy, sorcery, and infernal necromancy * The Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross, being records of the House of the Holy Spirit in its inward and outward history * ^^^^ might be other newer books that are better Devil-worship in France, or, The question of Lucifer ; a record of things seen and heard in the secret societies according to the evidence of initiates (1896) * A new encyclopaedia of freemasonry (ars magna latomorum) : and of cognate instituted mysteries : their rites, literature, and history / by Arthur Edward Waite, ... ; new introduction by Emmett McLoughlin ; with sixteen full-page plates and other illustrations ... ; two volumes in one * and more books. SJG Iris Renee [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    From C. W. Leadbeater Pythagorean Degrees 1. purification 2. illumination 3. perfection Masonry, usually 1. Craft? 2. Fellow 3. Master Pythagorean seems to go with 1. akoustikoi (or hearers) 2. Mathematikoi 3. Physikoi SJG PositiveVibbes [view link]
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Hidden Intercourse: Eros and Sexuality in the History of Western Esotericism Reprint Edition by Wouter J. Hanegraaff (Author), Jeffrey J. Kripal (Author) Read much of this some years back ^^^^ SJG Cutting Crew (I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight [view link] Wouter Hanegraaff, PhD – Transitioning to the Cosmos: Musical Esotericism and Consciousness Change
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Wouter Hanegraaff, PhD – Transitioning to the Cosmos: Musical Esotericism and Consciousness Change [view link] Hugh B. Urban [view link] hans thomas hakl [view link] Wounter Hanegraaff [view link] [view link] Karlheinz Stockhausen [view link] SJG From calculus to chaos : an introduction to dynamics / David Acheson *! Rose-croix histoire et mysteres. English Rosicrucian history and mysteries / by Christian Rebisse ; [translated by Richard Majka]. Supreme Grand Lodge of AMORC, [2005] *
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The Secret Lore of Egypt: Its Impact on the West Hardcover – February 15, 2001 by Erik Hornung SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The secret lore of Egypt : its impact on the West / Erik Hornung ; translated from the German by David Lorton 2001 -! Conceptions of God in ancient Egypt : the one and the many / Erik Hornung ; translated by John Baines. (1982, written many books) * SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    French Masonry ( in French ) good views of temple layout [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Zoroaster and the First Enlightenment | Rasoul Sorkhabi, Premieres tonight, Theosophical Society [view link] Esoteric Masonry, John Algeo from England and past President of Theosophical Society, found that Masonry never made sense to him until he got into Le Droit Humain Theosophical Classic 2005 | The Ancient Mysteries and Modern Masonry with John Algeo [view link] SJG Frampton [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    French Masonry [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Zohar and Kabbalah - Daniel Matt [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    30 years ago San Jose's Rosicrucian Order AMORC suffered a crisis. A turkey of a lead had gotten in, he was being controlled by infiltrators, and he was trying to make off with the money. So the Grand Masters from Europe came in, appointed themselves to the Board, and took over, got this bad leader out by court order, and got the money locked down, and then made one of their own the new Imperator. But the episode really did hurt the organization. Financials were not strong and membership was weakened, and this did amount to a schism. The French did end up running it, and their changes were good. But its long-term viability is still in question. But the long term members were hurt too, people who had put decades of their life into AMORC, and now were watching it fall apart. And then the character weakness of the founders were exposed, showing deep problems from the very beginning. So people have earned degrees, but AMORC was really set up to make it so there is no poratability in this. So good people were taken advantage of, and then harmed. SJG Pleaser 10" thigh high boots [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The Path of Freemasonry The Craft as a Spiritual Practice by Mark Stavish Inner Traditions 2007, 2021 and Stavish runs: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The Path of Freemasonry The Craft as a Spiritual Practice forward from Lon Milo DuQuette books by Tobias Churton Origins of Freemasonry: Facts and Fictions, by Margaret C. Jacobs 2006 The Key to Solomon's Key: Secrets of Magic and Masonry, by Lon Milo DuQuette 2006 trestle, trestle boards, tracing boards, used to draw on floor or have floor cloths. Blue Lodge, Starry Vault of Heaven 1st Degree: Entered Apprentice Psalm 133 2nd Degree: Fellowcraft Amos 7, plumb line 3rd Degree: Master Mason Ecclesiastes 12:6 The Pentagram, the Blazing Star of Freemasonry Hidden Wisdom: A Guide to the Western Inner Traditions, Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney 2006 The History of Magic and the Occult, Kurt Seligmann 1997 Memory Palaces and Masonic Lodges: Esoteric Secrets of the Art of Memory, Charles B. Jameaux Inner Traditions 2009 SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Works of Frances Yates John Dee and Edward Kelley Tobias Churton's works Eros and Magic in the Renaissance, by Ioan P. Couliano The G does not mean God, it means geometry. Fulcanelli, 20th century French alchemist [view link] Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, Albert Mackey Masonic Presentation Bible, Heirloom Bible Publishers Symbols of Freemasonry, Daniel Beresniak, 1997 The Last Alchemist: Count Cagliostro, Master of Magic in the Age of Rason, Iain McCalman (2003) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Observing the Craft: The Pursuit of Excellence in Masonic Labour and Obervane, by Andrew Hammer 2010 The Way of the Craftsman: A Search for the Spiritual Essense of Craft Freemsonry by Kirk Mcnulty 2017) Robert Lawlor (1982) Sacred Geometry : Philosophy and Practice SJG Sammy Hagar [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    W. L. Wilmshurst Observing the Craft: The Pursuit of Escellence in Masonic Labour and Obervance, by Andrew Hammer (2010) The Way of the Craftsman: A Search for the Spirtual Essense of Craft Freemasonry (2017) Complex rectangular construction to get the golden rectangle. Phi = (SQRT(5) + 1)/2 =~ 1.618. [view link]. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    This site is always really good: [view link] The Hermetic Science of Transformation The Initiatic Path of Natural and Divine Magic Kremmerz, Giuliano, [view link] Knowledge of Kremmerz is only now surfacing. Usually they say he lived in Naples and passed away in 1930, after having been a member of Evola's UR group. But he also had his own group and wrote a lot of stuff, though usually still not translated. I guess you could get to Naples by train, and then that was the departure port if you wanted to go to Egypt or Palestine. They say that in Italy there is a tradition of Egyptian occultism which goes back so far that is buried under Mt. Vesuvius. I suspect that this was from the influence of Cleopatra. [view link] In the 1980's in Rome, rare documents appeared that were selling for very high prices. It turned out that there were rival groups still following Kremmerz, and they started engaging in street battles. That there could be secret societies like this makes me think that this must have been what Kubrick was referring to in Eyes Wide Shut. It seems certain that Kremmerz was influenced by Memphis Misraim. But did influence flow the other way? Kremmerz looks to be Left Hand Path. What I have been able to get out of Memphis Misraim says no. They take umbrage that they could have any connection to anything Left Hand Path. But to me, for his time, Cagliostro looks to be Left Hand Path. So I believe I am still not getting the full story, or that their are things the current members would like to forget. More and more it seems like esotericists are seeing Memphis Misraim, Martinism, and Rosicrucianism as being all one and the same. [view link] And it does seem like 30 years ago there was a contingent that left AMORC and went to Memphis Misraim and to Ansow Wilson's Ancient Martinist Order. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The Three Stages of Initiatic Spirtuality by Angel Miller, Inner Traditions. Neat picture of cover of 8 pointed diagram. Craftsman - Warrior - Magician endorsement from Mitch Horowitz Millar writes and lectures on Freemasonry. [view link] SJG In My Dreams -- School of Rock [view link] Look what I just found: [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    This site is always informative: [view link] [view link] Interesting what these groups claim as their lineage, the Mysterious Origins Claims The above site is always excellent. SJG SJG school of rock, really good! [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion