tuscl

Clicked the Wrong Button and Rejected a Review

Oops. If you see the one for Bare Elegance where the guy spent $187 on a brunette, I accidentally sandbagged him with a reject on a review I thought was actually pretty good.

17 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah - I've almost hit reject by accident a few times - the buttons are too close together - it'd be better if the buttons were smaller like 2 small circles the size of a dime and one circle towards one edge of the screen and the other circle horizontally across towards the opposite edge of the screen - e.g.:

O O
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ the spacing didn't post right in my circles example
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    If I drew two circles they'd probably look like boobies, too.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Don't sweat it wall, I've seen some reviews slip through that I thought you accidentally hit the "publish review" bar.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Both of those have happened to me as well.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Great idea

I'll change it soon

• founder
    5 years ago
    Should reject be on left or right?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Put reject to the left (as you look at the screen).

Perhaps a good idea to put the circles maybe a 1/4 way away from the edge of the screen that way it's not pressed by accident when scrolling (I scroll running my thumb along the edge od the screen).

Alternatively you can leave it as is & have a 2-step accept/reject process to avoid accidental accept/reject - i.e. having the user confirm his choice.

Perhaps the 2nd-option is more kosher IMO.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Reject is already 2 step... Don't really think publish needs a confirm does it?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    b/f the update, in the past I, as well as others, hit publish by mistake (I think then the Publish button came b/f the reject button which may have been part of the problem, but can't remember).

Since Reject requires a 2-stepper then maybe I misinterpreted the OP (I thought he may have misclicked).

On the ph the two buttons are pretty-close so one could sausage-finger Publish by accident - perhaps a 2-step Publish would add worthwhile additional redundancy.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    You can still pick a checkbox if you approve a review, so sometimes I do. I just misclicked the reject button by accident.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Maybe we need triple redundancy for wallanon
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Try out the new buttons

If you need more redundancy, let me know. Twice.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    I tried them out. No problems there.

I'm going to downvote Papi Chulo's triple redundancy suggestion, though I appreciate his concern.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think it will help inadvertently hitting the wrong button
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I like the new buttons better. Thanks founder.
  • grand1511
    5 years ago
    Me and my bifocals appreciate the change!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion