tuscl

[UPDATE] Valet parking an expensive car at the club... [UPDATE]

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:23 PM
So last year I posted a thread about valet parking an expensive car at the club: [view link] I ended up buying a really nice car but I don't drive it often and have never taken it to the club. Last night I happened to be out and decided to stop by... So yes... the treatment you get when you roll up in an expensive car is definitely different. The bouncer who was outside ran inside and grabbed a floor manager who came out to greet me, whisked me past the door girl, and walked me to a table (all things not commonplace at this club). Then he came back to check on me a few times through the night. I generally prefer to fly under the radar so I probably won't do it again on purpose. And I'm a cheap and would prefer not to blow an extra $20 each time to the valet. Also when I left the club there was a new stretch Rolls Royce parked next to my car which is not a big deal however this one had a chauffeur sitting waiting inside which I don't think I have ever seen before.

17 comments

• gSteph
    5 years ago
    Yeah, $20 is another lap dance. I'm not in that league, I like having an old beater car, no problem if you get a ding in parking lot.
  • woodstock
    5 years ago
    Hey Paul, did you buy an Italian car or an American car? Did you find that dancers were paying you more/different attention than when you show up in your beater?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Ever seen Ferris Bueller?
  • GhostOfHell
    5 years ago
    Can you believe Acura discounts the NSX by $20K and a 1963 GTO recently sold for $70M.
  • woodstock
    5 years ago
    Ghost, yeah there comes a point at which cars are more art than cars.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I'm curious of the type of car we're talking here.
  • GhostOfHell
    5 years ago
    You've got that right. Those 250 GTOs are pieces of art.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    So what did you get - a Camry?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't think it's kosher to trust valets - not saying they're all bad but plenty are. And yeah - I'd be wary of driving a very nice car to a club in part b/c of too-many idiot custies which are either drunk or just aholes - I'd be especially wary if the parking-lot is not in good condition or it's tight-parking - if I had a very nice car my pref would be to pay for valet but park it myself.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    I read that the NSX isn't selling that well and that the interior is a little on the cheap side for a car of that class. But otherwise a great car. Congrats @Paul and you should tell us what kind of car you bought. Forget the special treatment at the club -- I know this blonde car-nut who would probably fall in love with you.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Originally I was thinking about getting a used McLaren but from everyone I talked to they are money pits and the extended warranty cost was just raised to $7500 a year. So I made the "smart" decision and got a 2 year old Corvette Z06. The one I got was $110k new and was almost half off that used, with only had 2000 miles and it was the last year you could get the 100k factory warranty. As far as getting more attention from dancers, no there wasn't much of a difference. I am sure I could have tipped the manager $20 for some recommendations/introductions but I don't like to roll that way. There was however a new 18yo DS that I wanted to give money to pretty bad but she was acting W-E-I-R-D. Looked like it was her first night. She wouldn't come to the edge of the stage when guys wanted to tip, then she wouldn't sit with customers when went to talk to them. Seemed to just circle the room super nervous. I got her to come to the side of the stage and tipped her a lot of $1s but then she wouldn't approach me at all after that. She would look the other way when she walked by and generally seemed to be intentionally ignoring or avoiding me. It was really strange. But hey I can always try again tonight!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't see how dancers will know what a custy drives unless they have staff tipping them of but I don't think that's a common occurrence.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    This post corroborates the quote: “People greet you according to the way you dress (car you drive) and say goodbay according to the way you behave (a gentleman vs an a**hole)”
  • GhostOfHell
    5 years ago
    Wow that's a big difference in price and car. I would have met myself in the middle and gotten a Shelby Cobra 427 replica or a new Porsche. To each their own.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    when I roll up in my bad ass Prius... heads turn...
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    If you have an issue with valet parking just park it yourself and pay the valet fee, I like the idea of security in the club parking lot, it keeps the riff-raff out and makes the area safer.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    One time. many years ago, some clown wanted to "park" my Harley. I just laughed at him and parked. I told him as I walked past, beware trying to mess with the bike. You would not like to meet my friends. A threat? Nope, that was a promise. I mentioned it to a seemingly manager once inside. He seemed to understand and said he'd address NOT parking motorcycles.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion