tuscl

Top Rated vs. Top Ranked club listing?

DougS
Florida
I'm confused... what's the difference between the top RATED and top RANKED club listings?

7 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    Anytime I look at the two numbers, they're practically the same. Almost always well within half a point, unless it's a club with very few reviews. Not really material for any meaningful trend analysis. Personally, I don't put much stock in a difference between, say, a 6 or 7 rating and an 8. Unless the club gets really low marks, I'll take the time to read the reviews to see if its the type of club I might like. And I don't need to know the reviewer by nickname. I can judge by the way it's written how much to trust it.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    Doug; Rank is more a short term trend analysis, Rating is long term score. I think tuscl founder addressed this issue a few mos back, I think RANKING considered reviews of past 12 mos only, while RATING went back 3 yrs.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    As far as the stock market goes, I would like to be more of a skilled player and I believe I may be there sooner or later. I see a lot of potential.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Individual reviews from people you trust are probably the best bet. Other than that, go with rating if you plan to visit soon.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    What's the difference between the top RATED and top RANKED club listings? just more gimmicks... if you don't like one survey, then look at the other. I'm not as awe inspired by helping to put a club high in the ratings or rankings. All it really takes is a small team of people and you could conspire to put any club number one before others try to knock it back down.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    A rank is a standing in comparrison to others by one definition, a score is something we give the club. Think of the rank as a moving average, the cumulative outcome of many scores and/or ratings. A rating is what a smaller sample of individual scores says about the club. Think of it like the stock market. The rank tells you if it's an S&P stock, the rating tells you if it is a buy or sell.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Check the FAQ, Question #2. "Ranked" is a misnomer for ratings over the past year.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion