tuscl

Any issues returning to US from Tijuana?

anione2play
All play and no work!
Any issues returning to US from Tijuana? Long lines? Extra scrutiny or questions?

12 comments

• Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    I have had a agent ask me about of questions. Had to wait in line a hour and a half one time
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I use the Pedwest crossing and there is no issues returning to the US.

On weekend afternoon the lines can be quite long, one time I waited about an hour.

There was no extra scrutiny or questions, the standard questions are:

Where are heading to?
    Do you have anything to declare?
    Are you bringing anything with you
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I've heard that you may be forced to make a cum deposit on the Mexico side before crossing.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @flagooner

One of the US Border Agents at the Pedwest crossing is hot, i would be glad to deposit in her.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Those questions and why did you go to mexico. Where did you go. Where do you work. What do you do there. When did you get to mexico. How long have you lived at your current residence. Then finally you can go. It was ridicolous and this was a saturday morning around 9. Female border agent.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    My wife and I were clearing customs at LAX after a flight from Guadalajara. When we told the agent that we had visited my wife's parents at their farm, the agent wanted to see the bottoms of out shoes. They were clean. :)
  • joatmon
    5 years ago
    I came back on Monday at around 4:00 pm. About 20 people in line ahead of me at ped west. I was in and out in 5 minutes. The agent ask how long I had been there (I went and came back the same day) I told him "just today I was sightseeing". He asked if I had anything to declare, I said "no", and he said have a nice day.
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    Wait times to return to the U.S. are longest on weekends and weekday mornings. Weekday mornings there is a rush hour commute when everyone is crossing to go to work or school in the U.S.

If you can cross back to the U.S. on a weekday afternoon or evening you'll have very little or no wait at all as a pedestrian.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    The worst issue you could have is a strip search.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    crossing back into the land of the free is the single biggest hassle of going anywhere in the world. traffic also being the biggest hassle too. (and death and taxes too. also almost forgot ex’s and divorce.)
    5 years ago
    If you enter and leave Mexico a lot consider getting a Global Entry or a Sentri or Nexus card. You can then use the “ready” lanes and there is no passport stamping or other paperwork. If you also get a passport card you won’t need to carry your bulky passport. 

I take four cards, Nexus, passport, DL and one Visa card. Cash, phone and that’s it, so very little to keep up with. 
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i take my PASSPORT CARD for mexican customs,
    my GLOBAL ENTRY CARD for quick entry back into USA,
    and cash. no extra baggage. absolutely minimal to carry.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion