tuscl

Navy leader who told sailors aboard USS Harry S. Truman to ‘clap like we’re at a

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:19 PM
It's beyond the point where you can't say anything anymore without getting in trouble. A Navy Master Chief resigns after facing heat over what to me was a joke comment to fire up his sailors that wasn't directed at or meant to offend anyone in particular. [view link] Previous story.. [view link]

19 comments

• GhostOfHell
    5 years ago
    It was just that. A joke to fire up the sailors. Hopefully he gets to retire with full honor. He did nothing wrong.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Make him SecNav
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    Sheesh, every mistake doesn't require the death penalty.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    This should be expected from a Master Chief. Damn, what is this world coming to?
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Who the hell claps at strip clubs anyway?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Damn skippy
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    Doc nailed it. That’s the real reason this is an outrage
  • Glad he resigned. There are a greater number of men who don't like strip clubs than those who do, so glad resigned so he can avoid making the navy boys uncomfy cuz they are most likely normal, and normal men find strip clubs weird as hell.
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    Her posts aren’t boring anymore so she decided to stay
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    Nicole's correct. Sailors prefer whore houses to strip clubs. docevil >Who the hell claps at strip clubs anyway? Right. Women probably clap at male strip clubs. That's how the Navy figured out this guy is gay and forced him to resign.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Recall several years ago that USS Enterprise CO Capt Owen Honors got relieved based on several videos "XO Movie Night" made while he was XO of ship several years prior.(~2006). Type that in regular and YT search engines. The side story to this that surprised me were the plans to decommission USS Harry Truman that got overturned by President Trump. The Truman is one of the newer carriers (4th newest out of ~ 10-11 carriers) .
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    I think the "clap" comment was more referring to girls' asses when they shake it on stage. Either way, this is fucking ridiculous. This PC bullshit has got to stop, I can't believe they'd make somebody resign over a little joke.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I think "clap" was referring to what @CC gets from the meth whores he rents.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Its about time they went after the military. Now if we could only see them go on trial for their war crimes....
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Its not PC, I read it as derogatory towards VP Pence. Think about how casual and unenthusiastic most strip club clapping is. The senior enlisted man on a nuclear aircraft carrier ahould be the example of how to show respect to the civilian leadership. Regardless, he's retiring with a 30yr pension, so he won't be hurting.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    WTF! Whomever made him resign is one MAJOR PUSS! All commanders should emulate R Lee Ermey as he portrayed in Full Metal Jacket. I would prefer badasses fighting with me vs panty wastes.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I agree with the first few comments then things went off the rails then came back on then off again and on again, a typical TUSCL discussion. BTW, I'd say the vast majority of sailors under the Chief's command are youngsters that enlisted after high school, late teens into early/mid 20s. Look at the pic of some of them surrounding Pence in the second link. They're not jaded senior strip club hounds. I could see them on shore leave as a boisterous group that would visit a strip club for beers and to whoop it up a little, hence applauding naked dancers wouldn't be out of the question.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    @g95- Would it make you feel better if chief said "Clap like you're in church? " Me thinks you're reading too much into this. @OSU- Us seasoned club hounds know that there's not much to clap about in VA stripclubs. (Truman based in Norfolk, VA). Some wet behind the ears 19 yo out of Podunkville for the first time might just clap at anything. Then again, the clubs in Med ports of call may be an entirely different animal
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Minnow, I am trying to understand exactly wtf he meant. Its the same as saying "eat like it's Tuesday". Are you into Taco Tuesday? Did you grow up on leftover red beans and rice for jambalaya on Tuesdays? It's so damn subjective.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion