tuscl

OT: Fuck State Farm

crazyjoe
Colorado
I Have a State Farm agent who I have been with for years. He is a great guy and has helped me in some sticky insurance situations. He is growing and has more office assistants to help him keep up with the demand. I have not had any issues with his office until the past year. I added three more trucks to my policy about a year ago. One of the trucks was involved in a minor accident last summer. An employee backed into another car. When I went to process the claim, the truck involved was not on the policy. Meanwhile I was receiving insurance cards upon policy renewals for vehicles that were deleted from the policy years ago. I asked the agent about it and he claimed the main office messed up but assured me everything was fine. Fortunately they did find the original request to put the truck involved in the fender bender on the policy. Needless to say I was not happy.

I just recently received notices for renewing license plates for these trucks. One of them said I needed to provide proof of insurance to renew. I investigated farther and it was not on my policy. It was deleted back in July 2018 and had been being driven since. I had no idea I was not covered. I called the insurance office today and asked why it was not on the policy. All they could tell me is it was cancelled upon renewal back in July and they would not tell me why. I am fucking PISSED OFF!!!

Whenever you deal with insurance changes ALWAYS SEND REQUESTS IN WRITING ON EMAIL. This way you can prove their incompetence.

And Fuck Farmers Insurance also. They have a tendency to forget to take money out of your account when you do automatic payments and then send you a notice of cancellation for non payment.

16 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You need an independent insurance broker, someone who will shop rates and intercede with the companies on your behalf
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    I've always good luck with Amica for home @ auto.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I've been a member with USAA for 32 years
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    @ 25 I do have someone like that who came highly recommended. I am in process of getting quotes and moving forward with that.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Wait... before you do anything let AZ420 tell us what to do..... otherwise all of us stupid assholes will make a poor decision.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I'll also vouch for Amica.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Fuck Amica
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Az420 is the way to go
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ "Fuck Amica"

Where does she work, and what's the going rate?
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    In all honesty I would call him and tell him you are shopping your coverage, not because of rates but because of service. He needs to know his staff is costing him money
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Daddilac is 100% right. Let him know why he could lose you and other clients.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    There's a lot of incompetent people out there (and often times those same people think they're awesome at what they do) - i.e. you often need to double-check and not assume people will be doing what they're supposed to
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Fellas it’s very different buying business insurance than personal, if you use companies that run a captive sales force, all you will get is the pitch, the insurance market is extremely complex, you need someone who not only knows the market, you need someone who understands your business. In my own business we use several different insurance carriers and coverages change from year to year, if you aren’t using an independent broker chances are good that you’re not getting the advice you need.
  • captainfun
    5 years ago
    Agree with Dadillac. It’s time consuming and annoying to change. I would tell the current company that you’re not happy, go into their office or have them come to you to get it all sorted out and let them know, one more screw up and they are out. Based on what you’ve shared you have a fair amount of coverage thru them and they wouldn’t want to see you leave.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ not to disagree with you about the annoying and time consuming parts, but it’s very important to be informed about insurance and complacencies are the enemy of profits.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion