tuscl

Little Strip Club on the Prairie

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:26 PM
In about a week, I am taking a trip, unrelated to SC's, that will take me through Davenport, Ia. and Peoria, Ills. I wil have time to go to a club in either city, but not both. It looks as though Daisy Dooks is the place to go in Davenport, and Big Al's in Peoria. Does anyone on here have experience with both of the clubs to give me some guidance in my choice? I could also go to the Deja Vu club in Springfield, Illinois, but a bad experience at the Deja Vu in Las Vegas has left me with a generalized (and perhaps unjustified) bias against those clubs.

6 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    Chitown: Daisy Dooks does sound like it could be good. The Davenport clubs under consideration are all BYOB, however Southern Comfort is outside the city and doesn't admit 18-20 year olds, which might make it more to your liking. I still recall it being rather rowdy. Your cuff links might draw some uncouth remarks. I wouldn't be too dissuaded by the reviews of Amsterdam, since most of the badmouthing is from one guy who felt jilted by a stripper there. It's kind of funny to read his saga of Summer in sequence: 10/24/05: "There are beautiful women here. one that really sticks out is summer. the blonde gorgeous women that works during the week. i tell you guys she is the one to go see." 12/29/05: "The owner needs to clean up the place a little and get rid of some of the girls bringing in the getto crowd. ... I have only three girls i will spend my money on and that is Summer, Serenity, (formaly Daisy), and Destiny." 2/4/06: "The owner better watch what is going on there in his club or risk getting shut down by the city. The girls name is Summer. She is still married and living with her new boyfriend. So guys dont waste your money on her." So, I'd say to try So-Co first, then Daisy Dooks, then if all else fails, head to Amsterdam and look for Summer. As for Big Al's I might want to try it if I'm ever in Peoria, but I wouldn't expect you to enjoy it, Chitown, because everyone says the dances are one-way contact only.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    It seems that, no matter how easy FOUNDER makes it, my maladroit computer skills come out on top. I can't believe I missed SoCo, which clearly has better ratings than D-2. Downtown Peoria is now torn up due to Interstate highway "improvement", so it looks like SoCo will be it. I looked at the reviews for Amsterdam. They all scream "thug club" without saying it. I'll skip it.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I've been to Daisy Dooks and So-Co, although it was a while ago and I prefer So-Co. One of my co-workers, who's much more of a stripclub fanatic than me, has said Amsterdam is the place to go in the Quad Cities, but I wouldn't know.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I don't know anything about Daisy Dooks. Historically, Southern Comfort has been the reason to go to Davenport. One of the best regarded clubs in the Midwest, in fact. It's been several years since I was in town. There were some other decent clubs, but Southern Comfort had the hottest girls and by far the best dances. Forget the Illinois side (Moline and Rock Island), and IMO it's too soon to give Deja Vu another try.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I've also personally always found the Deja Vu clubs to be more hype than substance. (I haven't been to the clubs you're asking about, by the way.)
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    It's been a long time since I've been to Big Als. Any club that combines nudity, alcohol, AND get a steak dinner after midnight can't go too wrong there. Mileage wasn't Indy strong then, don't know if its improved any. OTOH, I have "heard" good things about Southern Comfort from 2 Hot Indy dancers several yrs ago that danced there... if THEY were indicative of talent there..... Awaiting TR from you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion