tuscl

Sheltered people are the problem....

IceyLoco
But at least a nigga, nigga rich
Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:47 PM
...on this forum. Its why a lot of the threads denigrate. On one hand, we have a few younger people with no real world experience who just cite what they've read or heard, or stats or data they find online. Which kinda beats the point of a forum like this which is based on personal experiences. Then we have provincially minded older people with a very myopic world view. They simply dismiss anyone with a different life experience and throw tantrums coz they don't want to hear it. We need more people with varied backgrounds posting to even things out more. TBH I think its sad when you have young people who should be living it up and getting as many experiences as they can, acting like this. While its sadder than some people age and never have those experiences.... Its like the young people are the young version of some of the geriatric trick clique posters on here lol I think SJG, Papi Chulo, Nidan, Skibum(when he makes good posts), Muddy and a few others are a welcome relief to the forum....

63 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    How old are you?
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    27 almost 28
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Question: what exactly constitutes as "real world experience" to you, IceyLoco? What are some examples that come to mind for you?
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I am 27 too, but with 29 years experience at being 27.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Sometimes you spend your whole life being sheltered and desperately want to break out and start "living it up." When you do finally break out and start "living it up" though, you realize how dangerous and tough the world actually is, and you realize that there was a reason you were sheltered all your life and you want to go back to a sheltered, wholesome existence. I've had enough experiences to know that I really don't like the way a lot of the world is. Unfortunately, I don't have as much power to change it as I would like, so I'd prefer to create my own.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    “Its why lots of threads denigrate.” I suppose you meant, “It’s why lots of threads degenerate.” “Denigrate” is a transitive verb and requires an object.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    Whoa I thought you were about 22 or 23
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It's an anonymous website - people don't have to play nice and can let out/vent their biases and w/e is on their minds - thus one should take things with a certain grain of salt given that honesty may also not be in spades in what is posted.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    CC99 - while we’re getting our English lesson for the day (I.e. denigrate vs degenerate; transitive verbs) what’s that word “wholesome”? You used it twice and it’s a new one for me. Maybe, “ I put my dick in her hole some”?
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    @Gawker Its like a state of safety and well being, it can also mean when applied to a person that they are a good person.
  • On one hand, we have a few younger people with no real world experience who just cite what they've read or heard, or stats or data they find online. Which kinda beats the ^cuz you've met the lawyers I've spoke to, right?
  • Hey iceyy, why don't you go to an unranked law school(LMAO ) spend 300 K on it, and have a 10% chance of making a 6 figure salary to be able to pay 300 grand back?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I get it you are the only one with a world view that counts, you look at shit through 27 year old eyes and think you know everything about everything, god gave people two ears and one mouth that should tell you it’s smarter to talk about half as much as you listen. If you were actually smarter I’d try to give you something you could use, unfortunately you take everything out of context and try to spin it into a very negative narrative.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Totally @Nicole. Live it up! You're young and have no worries. All that crushing debt can be dealt with by the government who is gonna give us all free college! Disclaimer: above post is highly sarcastic.
  • Btw..300 K in debt= like 2 grand a month minimum 2 grand a month = around 40 k a yr to pay off debt sounds hot to pay on a 5 figure salary that you would be lucky to get cominng from unranked school. Damn Icey I should go to u for more life advice.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I'm just saying its a waste of a forum when people don't use it to benefit themselves. I mean, I try to glean something from everyone...Like Skibum, I disagree with his bigotry, but when he posts on topic remarks or when he shares his life experience, I find it very interesting....same with a lot of people who post about how things used to be, or what strip clubs were like decades ago... An intelligent person can do that. You realize people are a product of their times, and that makes them interesting. Its a better attitude than belittling people for being different or having different experiences. I remember graduating high school and just wanting as many different experiences as I could get. Not all were that great but I learned from everything. Life is to be lived. So what if you make mistakes.... I'd rather go through life knowing I tried that wondering what if. There's not always a happy ending and life is far from perfect, but its better than being afraid to live. and Nicole, I have nothing against you.... But talk about law school once you actually get in and about the legal field once you start working in it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Frenulum
  • Nicole, I have nothing against you.... But talk about law school once you actually get in and about the legal field once you start working in True that a why i don't talk about it...the only thing i say is stay away from an unranked [view link] don't need to have a degree to know that you should avoid going to a school that isn't even fucking ranked.
  • Just like how high schoolers who arent in college know that the last thing they want to attend is an unranked school .LOl yea ill talk about law school when I'm.there but i don't talk about it.I talk about aspects of it which you don't need a law degree to know about LOL.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Yet you make blanket statements ad nauseum, generalizing every aspect of of anything you disagree with, yet tell people to take you at your word, yet offer absolutely no reason anyone should trust you. If you want some cred I’ve said this before write a review or meet another forum member, get verified, until that happens you have zero credibility and you shouldn’t, most folks are happy to share life experiences in a way that relates to others, you have no relativity, therefore anything you say lacks credibility.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    People go to unranked schools and come out just fine though. Life isn't about rank and statistics and placement and tests and scores.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    25, you attack and belittle anyone different from you.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    I used to be all about experiences and living life and shit in high school and first half of college. Then I realized this world is fucked. The world doesn't want to create conditions that I can thrive in so I'm going to create my own world where I can thrive in. Why live in reality when you can create something better?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ No I don’t son that’s you, I’m offering actual advice to you but again two ears one mouth you’ve got it reversed.
  • Life isn't about rank and statistics and placement and tests and scores Umm which is why I never said you have to go to an ivy league school to be an employed lawyer .. There's a difference between saying you should go to a RANKED law school versus saying u have to go to an ivy, the latter of which is what you assume i think when I repeatedly tell u that is not the case.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I'm just saying the rank of the school isn't really important So what if the world is fucked up, you only have one life...delusions aren't better, you want something better make your life better OK then give some good advice...
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    If an unranked law school is the only school a person can get into, by all means they should go if law is truly their passion. If they earn their degree, that is an accomplishment. If they pass the bar and get sworn in, that is an accomplishment. Of course many people graduate law school with tons of debt, but some of us, unlike yourself, actually get these things called "jobs" while in school, to help with that.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Nicole that’s correct life isn’t about rank, it about feeling comfortable in your own skin, a lot of younger people don’t really know where they fit, but if you want to find a place to fit, you need to not be so condescending as to think no one has ever done what you’re doing.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    wow 25 gave decent advice lol
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Q. What do they call the person who graduates last in his class at Law School? A. Lawyer
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    One thing people with a lot of money have in common with people who have little money: when your home life sucks; your life sucks.
  • What do they call the person who graduates last in his class at Law School? A. Lawyer False. They don't even get employed ..there's a reason law schools have unemployment rates (;
  • @skibum omg I know tell me about it !!!! I hate spoiled ppl who are obsessed with 6 figure salaries. I'm accomplishment obsessed so that's different ;)
  • I don't care about how much money I make but part of me will always care about how many times I dominate and win K.
  • I don't care about how much money I make but part of me will always care about how many times I dominate and win K.
  • Did not mean to post that ten times.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @nicole. Domination? I’m ready to TOFTT. Just say the word.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    People will often find that there are things which they need to engage with. I am deeply involved in a broad range of political matters right now. SJG
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    After 20 years, almost no one cares which school you went to or how your grades were, they just look at your last 10 years work history and what you accomplished. The school becomes chit chat trivia unless your interviewer went there too.
  • After 20 years, almost no one cares which school you went to or how your grades were, ....tell me something that I actually disagree with.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Nicole, you'll have to work with people. If you really try to dominate and "win" everything, or come across even remotely the way you do on here, opposing counsel will have a judge sanction you for being uncooperative. You'll also end up getting your cases thrown out.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Nicole If you think any younger lawyer is going to dominate anyone you are out of your mind. I
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    @IceyLoco “ ... its a waste of a forum when people don't use it to benefit themselves.” You come to the TUSCL to better yourself? Wow! I wouldn’t admit that to too many people! I hope you didn’t put THAT on your resumé!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    reverendhornibastard said "I hope you didn’t put THAT on your resumé!" No, but it is on his LinkedIn...
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Why do you come on here other than to troll and talk about soliciting prostitution?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ yet you don’t answer your own question when I asked it of you.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    You think you're sly coz you think you troll passively aggressively Whatever though. Its your choice. Don't expect it to be humored
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Of course I don’t expect it to be humored it wouldn’t be so funny if you actually had content. LOL
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    Most people regardless of their age in 2019 tend to have a much more narrow scope of view than they did a decade a go......why? Because most of them don't have the communication skills people had a decade ago nor do they use them. It's to easy to text someone instead of talk....for the older people it's a FB thing, for the younger ones IG or worse when you are really 1/2 narcissist there is Twitter. I rant about these cluster f8cks of technology all the time but the real casualty is understanding of the other persons perspective. Additionally the lack of critical thinking being taught over the last 20 years at all levels of education is dumbfounding. At the risk of reopening an old feud its' why asswipes like Paul Krugman can pawn himself off on the world as an expert and guys like RM swallow the horse crap they dish out because he was applauded by the inter-circle of handful of people and organizations that feel they are above everything else......and when told that is the case the IPhone drones hit the like button because they are supposed to like someone who is liked by someone......... Learn to listen. Learn to comprehend......the old midwest comment my parents made to me years ago is God gave you two ears, two eyes and one mouth. Use them in the same proportion they were given to you......and stay away from following the herd.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @Warrenboy I’ve promoted that concept many times that’s not what’s happening here, you’ve got a single poster saying impossible things, and attacking anyone who points out those impossibilities, instead of responding with facts and figures he says you’re wrong, yet offers no evidence or explanation to back up his wildly imaginary claims.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    IceyLoco: You come across as a young man trying to pretend you’re very worldly and savvy. You’re not doing a very good job of this. We were all young and goofy once upon a time. That’s why it’s so easy for us to spot your pretense. I’d pay a million dollars to be able to return to that young and goofy epoch in my life. Nobody would fault you if you admitted the truth about yourself. You might be envied - but certainly not faulted.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    25, its impossible to get laid? To date dancers? To have money? To not have to pay hookers? To really be the type of guy dancers like? GFOH Warrenboy, I agree with you. The point is that people have different experiences, sharing and learning from each other should be the goal. Not belittling someone for not having the same myopic vision.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    There you go again twisting and changing the context in each and every instance to try and make it mean something different, you fucking well know that isn’t remotely close to what I said, I think you need to stop your crap and stfu yourself, the more you post the more folks here are convinced you’re dougster.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @reverend. Only a million? Shit, I would pay a million plus my left nut!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’d pay two million but then I’ll need both nuts ;)
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    My points proven
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ In your fantasy maybe but every one here has you figured out
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Nope. Tbh you don't know a thing about me lol
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Ok but you can Stoll be my nigga
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Orionsmith, I have to disrespectfully disagree with you. It all depends upon what kind of a career you are trying to pursue. In some realms a great deal of fundamental knowledge is expected. While education is not a complete predictor of this, it is often going to be a strong indicator. SJG Metallica - The Unforgiven I & II & III [view link]
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    You need some kind of training or certification for most jobs now a days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion