tuscl

OT: AAA Vacations ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Anyone ever done a AAA (auto club) vacation package - if so how was it - good, bad, ok?

20 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Mostly overpriced you can get better packages just by browsing the larger travel sites
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    +1 for what 25 said (imagine that). AAA discounts are rarely as good as one can find on the consolidator sites for hotels and rental cars. For airfare there is no benefit at all to booking through a third-party site unless you are willing to go blind on times and connections, which most people aren't willing to do.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I was looking at a 7-day California bus tour from SF to SD mostly along the PCH and the AAA package was expensive but seemed to offer a good amount - saw some other bus tours that were cheaper but also seemed to offer a bit less - I haven't done an exhaustive search and didn't look specifically at the travel sites for this specific type of package (hotels and tour included)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Check out elder hostel tours they’re actually available to all ages.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Look at Arthur Frommer tours as well they are a bit pricey but they’re usually all inclusive
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Check with the California Democratic Party for the latest on high speed rail service from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    You can do a CA coastal trip for pretty cheap...Outside of the touristy areas, hotels are fairly priced. You can do it on your own pace with a rental car. Its a really nice, relaxing experience.
  • joatmon
    5 years ago
    Elder hostel is now called "Road Scholar". I just got back from one and it was well organized and the price was decent. Mostly older folks but open to all as twentyfive says.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'll be solo and probably won't be able to take in the scenery as well if I'm driving
  • woodstock
    5 years ago
    @Papi, check Costco Travel. They have some amazing deals.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Papi - I drove it with my wife. No strip clubs but plenty of ocean views and places to stop and take photos. We visited Hearst Castle and dug clams at Pismo Beach. Fisherman's Wharf in SFO is an over rated tourist trap.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm a member of BJs Wholesale which is similar to Costo, don't remember if I looked on their website.
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    So those Costco travel deals are actually worth something?

Hmm..

Costco is really the only warehouse club I ever bothered with.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m a member of both Costco has the better quality of goods and food, but my employees prefer shopping in BJs they have less expensive items, I never noticed BJs having a travel agency, but I have booked a few cruises on Costco.com they sometimes have good or unusual itineraries.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    African American Ass vacations?
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

Many many years ago. Was OK, but nothing to write home about.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    If you want to go further afield, there are a lot of great bus tour companies based in London, such as Globus. For about $200 per night, you can see as much of Europe as you like. Includes hotel, transport, meals and city tours. An easy way to see Europe for the first time. Cheaper than if you tried to do it yourself. Less stress.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ good info
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    ^Good info
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    I have heard Costco is the best warehouse club from others as well. Ty for that twentyfive
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion