tuscl

Founder we need an edit & delete button

@Founder

Would it be possible to add an edit button as well as a delete button to the forum?

Sometimes I tend to type very fast & post it without proofreading properly thereby making certain errors.

It would be great if one can go back & add to a statement & correct any misspelling...

Also adding a delete button Incase someone double posts or triple posts consecutively by accident would be nice as well...

Thank you...

24 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    An edit button. Great idea! No one has ever thought of that before.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I hate the idea of an edit or delete button in the discussion forum. Too easy to walk back on controversial statements.

For the reviews, yes.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    We joke about not having an Edit button around here. But in reality, I don't mind not having one. You gotta live with what you type. I have had to learn to do a better job of overlooking my comments before I hit Submit.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    OP is just a little whiny crybaby
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    An edit button? I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it... that might just be crazy enough to work!

Time limit on edit and delete functions please, if we ever enter a bizarro world where edit and delete functions actually appear :)
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Great idea Eva. We can use it to delete your communist lockdown thread.
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Muddy9

Lol...

Unfortunately you can’t...

You can only have the ability to delete your posts...

You can’t delete posts made by other people...

Neither can you delete a discussion thread...
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    No to both. The lack of those two features is one of the few things that creates a shred of accountability on here. If those features were present, then there would be a lot of actual rewriting of history.

Evasparkling said "Sometimes I tend to type very fast & post it without proofreading properly thereby making certain errors."

That's your problem.

On a forum with (a lot) less trolling, this might work. Here... absolutely not.
  • Musterd21
    5 years ago
    I don’t need one. I make no mistaques!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    An edit button what a novel idea, that would be the first step to having the inmates running the asylum.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    If we had an edit button there probably never would have been all the fun around VM's posts.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I'm for a delete button for threads. Not posts. Don't think editing is useful though.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    IceyLoco said "I'm for a delete button for threads."

Of course you are.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Depends on what you mean by deleting threads. If you mean you want to delete a thread that you started because you don't like how people are taking your comment or question ? No, I don't like that. If you are saying that you would like to tag a particular thread so it doesn't show up on your List of Discussion topics, I say Yes to that. I would love to eliminate all Icey and SJG threads and not have to look at them anymore when they push them to the top themselves.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Allowing users to mask threads solely from their own view when logged in has been brought up before. Usually with more fans than detractors (I'd be on the 'fan' side).

There must be something to it, because every time it is suggested SJG throws a tantrum.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Iceberg slims tour de farce continues on is your shift at the Mickey Dees over or will you be continuing the entertainment for the rest of the day
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    A flagging feature would be useless in this forum. It would be abused by a certain clique. Allowing someone to delete their own thread would be useful though.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Looks like Eva has already deleted all of his reviews.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Lol
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Shadowcat

Lol...
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Glans
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    “Sometimes I tend to type very fast & post it without proofreading properly thereby making certain errors.”

Yeah, it’s too bad this board makes you type blindly without any way to see what you’ve written before hitting the “Post Comment” button.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The day an edit button takes effect will be the end of this website, I can see it now iceberg slim says I never said that you can’t show me where I ever said that
    Not just iceberg but I suspect he would be the first
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    in my opinion it would be nice to have a edit button that would function for say five minutes after you post something so that you can correct errors in spelling and such... i use my phone for posting and Siri screws things up sometimes (if I don’t)...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion