tuscl

Is Follies still the place to go in Atlanta?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Thursday, April 4, 2019 1:25 AM
I'll have a rare opportunity to visit Atlanta in a few weeks and I'll have an afternoon when I can visit a strip club or massage parlor. The recent reviews of Follies have taken a noticeable downturn, noting the declining talent. So for you Atlanta experts, what would you still recommend for an afternoon excursion in Atlanta? Is Follies still a "must visit" or would you offer other recommendations??

10 comments

5 years ago
    Yes. Search feature actually is helpful for this subject. But in summary..... Cheetah = eye candy only Tattletales = hit or miss Pink pony or oasis .... sound more like misses
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    If you’re looking for extras, Follies is the only sure thing in town. Even then, there will be lots of substandard girls and there will be some nice looking ones that won’t do extras, or will have a limited VIP menu. But just be a little patient and you’ll likely find what you’re looking for. 3131’s summary is very good. I’ll add: Oasis: often, but not always, will have lots of very good looking girls working. Extras very rare there, but can happen occassionally. VIPs are pretty private. They have booths with curtains. The city made them cut small “look throughs” in the curtains, but at least during the day the bouncer never checks or looks in. Tattletale would is second best extras choice. Limited day shift, but seems to be picking up in popularity. Lots of very good looking girls at night after about 8-10. Very private VIP rooms, some with actual door, some with Detroit style heavy velvet curtains. Pricier than Follies by about 2X. Fannie’s is a dive and s good way outside of town in a shady area. Extras definitely available. You may have look pretty hard for suitable VIP candidate, but they are there. Pink Pony: Generally very good looking girls even during the day. Extras almost, but not completely, impossible but you will have to find a very adventurous risk taker No doors or curtains in VIP rooms and the rooms are mirrored to allow fhe bouncer to look in from unexpected angles.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I have to agree with what has already been posted. However only the mixed clubs have been mentioned. There are around 25 black clubs in ATL. Several of them have some decent contact $5 table dances. I have not been to all of them but for extras I would put my money on the Gold Rush. I have not done a VIP there in years but I know extras are available and they do have VIP rooms. Last time I was there I was quoted $55/rm $200/dancer for 30 minutes from a very good looking black chick. I think there is room for negotiations.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    The only place I’ve been to in Atlanta is Tattletales, though it has been several years since I was last in Atlanta. It was definitely a good time! Regardless of where you go, report some brilliant but crazy stories after your visit!
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the sage advice. As a FYI, I do read the reviews but each single review is an isolated observation, often from reviewers who differ in their expectations and standards. As a result, a series of single reviews reviews doesn't really offer a direct comparison across different clubs. Comparative ratings are best obtained from "experts" who have visited more than one club and can compare across clubs, kind of like Consumer Reports does for automobiles when it offers ratings and recommendations. So thanks to the Atlanta Strip Club Consumers Report Rating Panel (above) for providing some comparative recommendations. Others should feel free to chime in with additional recommendations.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    If you're hardly ever in Atlanta IMO then might as well take the opportunity to see with your own eyes the most reviewed club on TUSCL - even though it's off its peak it's not as if long time Follies visitors have stopped going en masse - this club has a very strong dayshift and by 1pm there are often a good # of dancers on the floor - you can make backup plans if you don't find the club to your liking although the ATL traffic is roungh past 3pm depending on where you need to go and if u gotta hit one of the major highways
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    5 years ago
    Follies is still the best despite the drop in quality. It just takes a little longer to find the dancer that you want. I recommend visiting in the afternoon during the weekdays if at all possible. Crowds are noticeably a bit lighter (although by far still the most popular day shift in town). On weekends it can get pretty pack though this has recently been moderated some by the enforcement of the occupancy since their citation. Additionally, a lot more drug dealers appear on the weekend and it is a noticeably stronger weed smell especially on the right side of the club as one is walking inside. Plus,all of the high top tables on the right side and even some of the low tops now has a "Reserved VIP" sign on them and must pay $100 to sit there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In my experience with the VIP signs, I've sat at a table w/ a VIP sign on a Saturday afternoon and not been told anything - I assumed they put the VIP sign so if someone wants to buy that table they can tell you to move b/c it's a "VIP table" - perhaps they may enforce it more at certain times.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    The VIP signs have been appearing on Fri and Sat as soon as the club opens. Fridays are the most restrictive and they may not even let you sit there until some one wants to pay for it. I have stopped going on Fridays because of it. No signs today.
  • JackScott
    5 years ago
    At some of the clubs, I've been able to sit in the VIP booths during the week and even get a few semi-private sessions for the cost of a table dance. So I think Papi is right. If nobody is using it, there's no harm in sitting there. Maybe it might be a good selling point for the more packed nights after you've become used to sitting there for free. Now that has become "your" seat, you might be more likely to pay for it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion