tuscl

RIP - AAF

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Another pro football league bites the dust :

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/2642…

8 comments

• sinclair
    6 years ago
    And XFL is being relaunched in 2020. I doubt they will do any better.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    All I remember about the xfl was the kickoff, where they had two guys run from the 20 to get the ball. That was the most unsafest barbaric but fun thing to watch.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Thought AAF would last a little longer - hope that guy that invested $250 million didn't lose all that $$$
  • BGSD3100
    6 years ago
    They had the greatest business model ever.
    Step 1. Start Operations.
    Step 2. Make a bazillion dollars.

They didn't think they needed to do anything else to be successful.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Last I had heard they were just suspending operations and folding was to be decided later, but that was some time ago.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Maybe they'll sue the NFL for being a monopoly and recover $1 of their losses.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Seems the NFLPA was the crux of their possible demise.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    That's a bummer. I liked how they distributed players based on geographic tie ins and was looking forward to an expansion to the midwest. It was nice to see some of my favorite former Michigan Wolverines have some professional success that they weren't attaining in the NFL.

As for the XFL, they won't have a midwest presence (I don't count St. Louis), nor do I think a Vince McMahon ran football organization fits in this era of strict concussion avoidance, so I really was hoping the AAF succeeded as the main compliment to the NFL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion