The Dry Spell

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Saturday, March 30, 2019 2:05 AM
I thought I was the only one. [view link]

15 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    "The 60-and-older demographic climbed from 18 percent of the population in 1996 to 26 percent in 2018, according to the survey. The share reporting no sex has consistently hovered around 50 percent, and because that age group is growing relative to everyone else, it has the net effect of reducing the overall population’s likelihood of having sex." I'm changing the statistics for the 60-and-older group.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    The 50% stat not having sex doesn’t seem to match up with the graph in the article, but I can’t see the whole article because I don’t have a subscription to the Washington Post, nor would I ever get one for that Bezos propaganda rag.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i’m doing my part to help america enjoy sex.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I think most guys could be fucking more girls. SJG James Allison, Nobel Prize in Medicine [view link]
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I have a hard time believing some of these stats. I honestly believe is much lower all around. People lie to themselves all the time about this. When your at the bar, what percentage of guys do you really see go home with a girl? Maybe like 1 in 10? It really takes a certain type of personality to pull something like that off on the regular. Most guys are going home alone, they will lie on their dick every chance they get though. If they are getting sex on consistent basis then 9 times out of 10 they are in some sort of relationship. I just hard have a hard time trusting self reporting.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    This study confirms everything I've been trying to tell the people on this site for almost a year. Multiple other studies have come out with similar statistics. The dating scene for 20 something year old men right now is absolute hell. If you notice, the difference between 2018 just compared to 2010 is absolutely enormous. This study actually shows the problem has gotten worse just since 2016. We've seen triple the percentage of young men who are unable to get laid in today's dating market compared to a decade ago. Some women are starting to have more issues than in 2010 as well but this phenomenon is definitely affecting men more than women. This is a society wide problem and it appears to be getting worse every year. Call it whatever you want, young men not having the skills to get a date anymore, girls being too picky, the top percentage of men having unofficial harems that is preventing everybody else from getting laid, I don't care. But blaming the victims of this, young twenty something year old men, is not going to help anybody! The only thing that is going to help is a widespread change in societal norms done to fix this issue!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    "The dating scene for 20 something year old men right now is absolute hell. " Link? SJG
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    @SJG The evidence is everywhere. This study is only scratching the surface of that. [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    And so what is the cause of this? Are you saying that it is because the young women don't really want to get married anymore? Usually that is an anti-feminist position. Do you have some explanatory links, on which you are basing your position? SJG
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Well I can tell you its not because "people are living at home." Its funny how researchers have results like this stare them in the face and then come up with the dumbest reasons to explain it like the economy or men living at home with their parents. Its obvious they are desperately trying to find a reason for the problem that doesn't implicate feminism as being at fault in any way. What parent of a 23 year old guy is going to tell him he can't have a girl over? I've met several parents who would let their 16 year old have a girl over much less a 23 year old. And if guys really could get girlfriends or hookups or whatever and their parents were telling them they couldn't have a girl over, that guy would move out. Here's what you can notice from this. First of all, in 2008, the share of men reporting no sex at all compared to girls was about the same at 10% for guys and a little lower for girls. By 2018, there's a huge gap, 28% vs 18%. However, both genders report having less sex. Another fact is that I've never really seen a girl have any issues getting laid or finding a boyfriend. No matter what condition a girl is in, whether its being very fat, very shy, or very aggressive/forward about sex, I've never seen a girl have issue getting it. I've only ever seen girls who refuse to have sex with the people who are attracted to them. Guys on the other hand, I've met guys who would be willing to fuck literally anything, even a morbidly obese girl, still struggle to get laid. From what I've seen, most guys nowadays have absolutely pathetic standards. Women on the other hand. Extremely high standards, really really high. For looks. Their standards for personality nowadays are more pathetic now than they were but their standards for looks of a guy have gone through the roof. Its gotten to the point where girls think 81% of the male population is below average in looks, 13% are average, and only 6% of the male population is above average. Its so bad that when it comes to perceptions of looks, females perceive all guys as being two points behind their actual looks. So a 7 male actually looks like a 5 to them, you have to be a 9 male to look like a 7 to them. The average man looks like how men perceive an obese 300 pound woman as looking. [view link] Meanwhile, this is what it looks like if you're using Tinder... [view link] Quite frankly, the only conclusion I can come up with is that women's standards are just way too high. They only want the top percentage of men, and those men are such manwhores that they are fucking everything in sight and never settling down for one girl which would take them off the market but rather remaining single and fucking insane numbers of girls. Why are girls standards so high? Probably because of the insane amount of validation they get through social media. The average girl can get so many matches on Tinder its obscene. I one time met a girl who had 1500 matches in my tiny little town. She has literally matched with almost 20% of the entire male student body at my school. Not only that, but the men she does match with are all thirsty and desperate and girls know this. All a girl needs to get laid is to exist. That's it. Guys are desperate, so they provide no resistance to any girl trying to get laid. Our social norms require men to approach girls, which means that any decent looking girl is going to get approached by men who are then required to do all the work of making sex happen. 75% of the female population is basically living in a 24/7 Hong Kong Tijuana where they don't have to pay any guy for what they are getting. They just get to choose, and often times, they don't even need to make the approach. The 7s, 8s and 9s just come to them. The reason we think strip clubs and Hong Kong Tijuana are heaven is because strip clubs and brothels are the only time we are allowed to live like girls do. But getting to live like a girl comes with a heavy price, girls live that way for free all the time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    TUSCL should be part of the high school sex ed curriculum - any adult male not getting some type of female attention is not gonna be right
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    I still remember back in elementary school, I had a nice looking female over but my parents would not let me go visit her at her house. Sucked. I was watched like a hawk. Scarred for life. Could have played some fun games if her parents weren't home. I do have standards. If some random girl comes up to me asking to have sex (why is it they do this after I just drank a whole lot of beer?) then I'm going to be suspicious. If she's really hot, I might say ok. Hasn't happened for a few years though so maybe I look older now. I don't remember having sex with a complete stranger, I always had a lap dance or bj first to get to know the girl. FYI, I'm experimenting with drinking beer that is 3 months past the date. I'm still here so far. Usually I would be out but someone held me up too long. I was wanting to get a dance from an old favorite but got sleepy last weekend and left. Another old favorite was tying me up too long. I thought young guys were fucking left and right. I wonder if this beer is stronger than normal. :)
  • Mnaz
    5 years ago
    Simple fact, women ruin everything even sex. You’re better off flying solo. Statistics indicate an increasing number of young men are enlightened to this fact and I, for one, encourage this trend to continue.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Yeah I agree with Papi_Chulo, your mind is not right when you've had no female attention in a long time. Sometimes if you have a horrible dry spell and then have sex, you can feel it. Its like you got your mind returned to you. Its so weird. It takes longer to happen but I think the mind of a guy who's had no female attention in months isn't any better than somebody who's suffering from significant malnutrition.
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    I could care less if I don’t get female attention. It’s doesn’t affect me. I just live my life. There are plenty of things to occupy your time than pining over lack of female attention.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion