tuscl

Accents

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Accents seem to develop naturally and involuntarily because people who grow up in a geographic area tend to speak like the population where their speech develops. The later in life one moves from that area, the less likely they seem to lose their accent.

Why do so many gay men develop their own accent later in life? Is it done on purpose to advertise that they are gay, letting other butt pirates know that their ass is open for business?

13 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Never noticed accents but did notice mannerisms. Don't know why and never cared to ask one.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Oh yeah...

No HOMO
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I think the "gay accent", it comes from some motion picture. More of an "affectation" than an accent.

Consider too that teenage girls usually speak in the Valley Girl dialect. Eventually those lose that though.

In these cases its more about identity, than history.

Usually if English is their second language we say they have an accent. But if English is their first language and the sound different from local people, then we say they grew up with the dialect of some other region.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ how is it you are so observant of homosexuall behavior, jes curious
    No Homo
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Feeding off of shadowcat's post...I think the "accent" is simply a gay man's mannerisms. And these mannerisms simply evolve as the man becomes more open about his true sexuality, in this case a more effeminate one.

@flag you have to remember that most gay men including those today lived primarily in the closet for a good portion of their lives and so they hide their effeminate mannerisms at the same time. After they come out they also freely act "themselves" at the same time. This what you are noticing as a new "accent".

^ no homo
  • Piggie
    6 years ago
    The Brits think we speak funny.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    The Brits can be a bit effeminate themselves
    Apologies to London Guy ;)
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Hillary Clinton & Madonna change accents liberally. So weird.
    Would never get a lapdance from either, even if they paid ME. Fucking gross.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    The sexiest accent are southern drawl and Columbian.

Some people tell me.I sound East Coast Canadian. I have never been there though
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Should the title of this thread be 'Accenths'?

...jes saying...
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^
    Yesthh!
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ You're tho thilly!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now