tuscl

V Day on Friday

I am finally pulling the trigger to get my vasectomy done this Friday. How many here have done it and are you happy?

I have a good friend that is a urologist so I asked him to finally get it done. Not looking forward to the pain but I am looking forward to a better sex life. But no it doesn't mean I am going to TJ to bare back Hong Kong chicas.

I have no kids but in the highly improbable chance that I want to have any in the future it is reversible via microsurgury with a good success rate. But I just don't see that happening.

42 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Yes. Ii had my 45 years ago to prevent having any more children and I'm happy with the decision. What is you reason? There are a lot of other contraceptive methods. You can have you sperm frozen for future use.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I got the snip. Zero regrets. My doctor was great, the procedure wasn't too uncomfortable, recovery was better than I feared and I came out clear the first time I jerked in a cup after for sperm count.

It's fantastic piece of mind to only worry about STDs when it comes to sex and barebacking.
  • PhredJohnson
    6 years ago
    20+ years ago. Had grown kids, was dating someone half my age and didn’t want to create problems. Plus she didn’t believe in female contraception! Zero pain, however so don’t worry.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Friday is a little late for Valentine's day.

I thought the arthroscopic procedure was almost painless and fast. Nothing to it.

Wonderful peace-of-mind and your future lovers will appreciate it, too. Keep a copy of your surgical notes and post-surgical testing, just in case.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Good luck with the procedure
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Thanks Joe

@Shadow - I am over 50 and the concept of having children at this age would be disconcerting to me but probably even more my wife lol. No I am not getting her permission and it's all off book.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I got one 10 yrs ago. Happy I did. Good luck.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Just make sure your urologist doesn't suffer from Parkinson's. Quite often, if the doc screws up, your surgery will be half off.....bah dum,

Seriously, I got fixed 34 years ago and had zero pain after it was done.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    My wife wanted me to get one years ago and I resisted. Now that she is past "the change", then it's not necessary for us. So I told her that I now wanted to do it, she would ask me why . Not sure how I would answer that.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Flag: " got one 10 yrs ago. Happy I did."
    ________
    So is the remainder of the human race.
  • gSteph
    6 years ago
    Best money I ever spent.
    You might want your 1st - ah - release or 2 to be a 'gentle' one.
    After that it is great to never have procreation enter the picture.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Did it a year ago. It was easy, not very painful at all and recovery was quick and uneventful. Definitely take it easy the 2 to 3 days after. You're suppose to wait something like 7 to 10 days before resuming sexual activities but you can do it sooner if you're careful. I couldn't wait that long. I needed to make sure everything worked like it did before.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    LOL @Warrior

Seems you got yourself in a pickle - maybe you'll have to do it secretly on one of your road-trips
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    @Warrier just befriend a good urologist and work out a barter for services ;)

He actually normally would require the spouse sign off on it but at our age he has no issue with waiving it for me. If I was in my early decades he wouldn't do it without it.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I have never regretted getting sniped. But I had kids at the time. Be sure that you don’t want children before you do it. My recollection is that reversal is a much more serious procedure than getting snipped.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Good advice JS. If I get it reversed there is much more serious shit that's gone down than just that medical procedure. But yea it's not cheap or easy so you better be certain or be willing to spend the $$ in the unlikely scenario you need to re-arm the gun.

The only opportunity I have had for that option (that did not invite a lifetime of child support) was a couple of girls I saw for ahwile who were getting married to each other ultimately wanted a baby together and I was on the top of their list. But even then it sounds like more trouble than it would be worth. i.e. they get divorced, they start asking for support, I disapprove of how they are raising my progeny., etc.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I was snipped and aside from some soreness for two days, no complaints from beginning to end.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Mine is over 20 years old. Outpatient procedure; had it done on a Friday morning and went back to work Monday. Had two jack off sessions, at 7 and 30 days, at the Army hospital that did the procedure to confirm sperm count.

Done.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Upright I commend you for your courage, and on having no children.

I would though discourage you from making your plans on the basis of reversibility. You don't want to go through something like that.

SJG
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Yes, over 30 yrs ago. Minimal discomfort. Still remember the surgeon telling me how tough my nut sack was.... thanks I think?! agree that it’s nice to only have to worry about STDs.
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    Does insurance cover any of it or is it all out of pocket?
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    @ SJG I believe you have finally crafted an insult worth an honorable mention. 'Tips hat'
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    My insurance would cover at least part but I am not using it. The procedure is relatively inexpensive < $1K
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Insult? Absolutely no insult intended.

SJG
  • SuperDude
    6 years ago
    The only downside is the remote possibility you might fall in love with a much younger woman who wants to get married and have children. I have heard that the reversal has a high success rate, but in rare cases may fail. I have never had to test those odds.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    IDK what's worse - an STD - or becoming a stripper's baby-daddy
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Ummm...baby daddy. The clinic can get rid of almost all STD's but that baby just gets bigger and more expensive over time
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    SuperDude it's a reasonable life gamble vs. having a kid with someone you don't want to (which is more likely IMO)
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    Cake walk; I've had paper cuts that hurt more. In and out in less than three hours. Functional self test in less than a week; no issues. Peace of mind that there will be no piece of mine out there.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I did it in 1982 and no regrets.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    lol thank you but I prefer pie.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Hope it goes well :)
    (Which I’m sure it will)
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    @longball300

What kind of paper cuts do you get?
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Snip Report:

Took a half day at work today and drove an hour to my appointment at my friends office (MD urologist). He did not advise I drive home from my appointment but I gambled and decided I would anyways since there are not too many uber/Lyft rides in the area. I figured I could just rest for x hours in my car if it was that bad and leave whenever. Probably not the best plan and I do not advise it but I was in no rush...

Got in. Signed my legal liability form and next thing I know I am sitting on the medical bed with my pants and underwear off under a paper blanket. Probably the must unpleasant aspect of the procedure is getting the anesthetic needle stuck a few spots in my ball sack. If it stings it means its hit the nerve where it needs to be and yea that stung. Some discomfort then nothing...I had no pain after that during the entire procedure. Just some weird pressure occasionally and I did react a bit during the initial catuerization process but I would say 95% discomfort free. a 1/4" cut is made in your sack and about 1 cm of the tubes are cut out, tied and cauterized. The odds of them successfully reconnecting later are apparently like winning the lottery (except winning really means losing)

We actually had a lengthy discussion during the entire procedure that for the most part uninterrupted. On a funny note there we actually do play poker on a regular occasion together and I told him during the procedure now is your opportunity to find out what hands I had when he folded and I did not show my hand (he literally had me by the balls lol). We laughed loud enough that the staff were thinking WTF is going on (apparently laughter is not common during a vasectomy, go figure?!?!). A couple of stitches, some topical ointment, gauze and an ice pack and we were done about 30-45 minutes later.

I did not feel woozy at all and had no pain. Walked to my car and drove back with chunk of ice between my legs.

The only other Dr. prescribed post surgery actions are to jerk off at least 2x per week after it heals and take a fertility test in two months. Yes you heard it. Dr. prescribed masterbation to clear out lingering sperm in the plumbing. I wonder if insurance could cover club activities if I get this service from strippers? Hmmm I could claim carpel tunnel renders me unable to perform that activity myself ;)

Now the anesthetic has wore off it feels like a lingering ache after a moderare kick in the balls. Gonna take it easy this weekend. Looking forward to a baby mama free future...
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @Upright, I remember when I was on the table with the doctor about to start and he says, “last chance to back out...”

“I’m fine,” says I, “but I don’t know how you’re gonna find anything. It’s bloody cold as hell in here.”

It took him a minute, but the nurse, she got it immediately and guffawed. Then the doctor got it and had to put the scalpel down for a minute.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    lol @ George. I imagine your man parts "turtleing" is a common reaction prior to the procedure especially in the cold. Fortunately it was warm in the room and I was strangely not nervous. But I was envisioning a stress free sex future which relaxed me.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Congratulations!

Leave one end open, no pressure build up?

Need to jerk off into a jar, sperm count test?

Need to refrain from jerking off for a week?

I commend you for your clarity of thought and actions!

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ We should have reviews for V-Day doctors!

SJG
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    OK I have proven without any reason of doubt that getting a vasectomy will not negatively affect my sex life, in fact strangely enough it might feel better?!?!.

Two weeks post V I have a second time meet with 20 year old 5'9 shapely brunette SB for dinner (and this time we hit the hotel after). This is my first partner post vasectomy. She turned out to be a sex machine and loved fucking. I had four orgasms in four hours and three of the four were very intense. I can't even remember last time I had that many in one session and I am in my 50's, yikes! Such a promising result :)
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Congratulations on making the decision.

In my view, most of the capacity loss associated with age is actually psychological.

Just curious, do you have to have any sperm counts done?

SJG
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Count happen in 2 months. BTW your post on leaving one end open is not correct. Both ends are tied and cauterized. If sperm does leak it's actually a problem causing a granuloma and subsequent pain.

The amount of sperm produced by testicles is just a drop in each ejaculation. 90-95% of cum is produced by the prostate.

Very few men experience discomfort from perceived pressure in the testicles post vasectomy. But it can happen and fortunately it has not happened to me. Produced sperm in the testicles are eventually broken down and reabsorbed by the body.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion