tuscl

founder, PLEASE extend login sessions

JeffTUSCL
California
At least extend the session every time it's re-used. It makes absolutely no sense to kill login sessions after barely 24 hours, forcing someone to login again. So before trying out the next shade of white on the site layout, or moving a menu again to the next hide-and-seek location... please consider extending login sessions?

14 comments

• founder
    6 years ago
    Lol... You're kind of a dick, but yeah, I'll extend the log in session. Would a year be good?
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    jeff is a lazy fucker
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Extend it to 25 hours
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    A year is a good step forward, but permanent would be best. Why not an option in the menu so those of us that want auto-logging out can get it while others on private computers can be logged in permanently?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Have to admit, I laughed at "trying out the next shade of white". If an option is easy to do, I like Liwet's suggestion, which is pretty much standard: a "keep me logged in" checkbox on the login page, that keeps me logged in for a month or a year, versus keep the 24 hours if it's not checked. If doing that is a pain in the ass, then maybe monthly?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @founder how about that edit button;)
    BTW some freebies would be nice ;)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ how about a 2 4. 1 reviews special a couple of times a year ;)
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Don't your browsers save your password?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Revoke some man cards and give out whiney little bitch cards instead;)
  • anon4231
    6 years ago
    @founder: Browsers save the password, but you still need to jump over to the login form (by the way, thanks for making that more easily accessible) at least once a day. Kind of sucks on the phone when I want to minimize the work needed to get somewhere, but not quite as much of a problem when you're actually on the website.

I'm also pretty sure you extended login sessions once already, because I remember in the past being AFK for an hour and having to log back in - that really DID suck.

FWIW, I say keep it for at least a week, if not permanently - but "a week" is just based on my usage pattern. Obviously, as with many of these things, a config option is the best if it's easy enough to implement. :)
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    "Don't your browsers save your password?" Yes, but I don't want my browser to save my passwords. Your car's GPS might save directions to your favorite strip clubs but would you want it to?
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    A year, a month, anything, just not so short as 1 day. Or, if you set it for a short time, at least renew/extend the session whenever it's used.

I realize I'm kind of dickish but I did say please!
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Sure as anything somebody is gonna fuck up and leave their browser for their wife to find..... All because Jeff cannot sign in once a day somebody will get busted. I'm not married so it will not happen to me, but one of you guys is gonna get busted and it will all be Jeff's lazy asses fault
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    Same guy also would not apparently clear his browsing history, same fuck up. Same guy can log off, if he's going to leave his browser out it's not like 24 hours makes it less likely for his wife to find than a session that lasts a week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion