tuscl

Airbnb for otc

Monday, February 25, 2019 6:04 PM
Is anyone using airbnb regularly for otc? Or any other avenues ? Hotel is getting expensive, especially when reserving at the last minute which is how these girls play.

23 comments

• Subraman
    5 years ago
    Haven't used airbnb but I've heard 2ndhand reports that it works. There's a bunch of day-rate hotel apps, see if there's any for your city
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Is an AirB&B where you have the whole place to yourself gonna be cheaper than a hotel? I assume you will have to deal with some kinda a landlord and perhaps nosy neighbors and you showing up with a stripper with probably raise some eyebrows.
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    Thanks Subraman! I will check the app store. I'm primarily interested in Tampa bay hotels.
  • eastsidecap
    5 years ago
    I love Airbnb! Not sure about last minute would work with them though
  • eastsidecap
    5 years ago
    I have stayed at some great Airbnb in St Pete
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    See the hotel cost as part of the cost of doing business (nobody ever said on-demand-pussy was gonna be cheap). Use your credit card rewards program or a good hotel rewards program.
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    @papi I have never used Airbnb for personal or business reasons. As you rightly pointed out, I'm certainly concerned about the privacy with that type of accommodation and hence asking about other's experience.
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    @eastsidecap just to make sure, have you used airbnb for otc? If so, can you please private message name of the establishment that you used in St. Pete?
  • JeffTUSCL
    5 years ago
    How would you do airbnb "last minute"?
  • emptystacks
    5 years ago
    [view link] get a hotel room half price during the day. There are other apps for this too
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I have used Airbnb a number of times. But I don't think it would work for OTC. When you book someone's house or apartment, you have to do so in advance, and only a limited number of places will be available, maybe not close to where you want to be. Hotel is better.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Buy an air mattress and rent a delivery van from Home Depot. It is like $29 for the first 75 minutes.
  • JeffTUSCL
    5 years ago
    Why would you buy an air mattress when you could give a homeless guy $10 to borrow his tented setup for 15 minutes?
  • gentleman6555
    5 years ago
    Hotel Tonight usually has some kind of deal.
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    My guess would be Airbnb might have the advantage of better privacy than a hotel. But that depends on if you can find a place that A) lets you do instant book without waiting for approval B) is all self-check in and you’re given a door combination code rather than a key for entry ...but then those places are going to be either in line with or even more expensive than a regular hotel.
  • ArtCollege
    5 years ago
    "Buy an air mattress and rent a delivery van from Home Depot. It is like $29 for the first 75 minutes." Then return the air mattress. (Yuck)
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    @nicespice - I didn't know about the self check-in through security code. Thanks!
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Why air bnb? That's not like something you do last minute or just a one night stay?!?!
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    I have couple of regulars I meet OTC. Sometimes we plan ahead so trying to see if airbnb is cheaper. I also like the idea that I got from this thread of renting hotel for few hours.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    I have used the Hotel Tonight App, you get reasonable prices on nice Hotels. There are hotels that rent for the hour, but not so nice. I don’t know if you have a Hot Tub place in your area, that you can also rent for the hour. If the girl is “adventurous” and you trust each other, you can do it in the back seat of a large size sedan or a SUV. I had one of those Seventies Vans with the shag carpet... It is a matter of preparation and communication, where there is a will there is a way.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    You can also tell the girl; “Do you want to add half of the money from the hotel to the OTC price and we use your place instead?” Of course this is only if you know each other enough to be comfortable going to her place.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"There are hotels that rent for the hour, but not so nice." If you live in a city supported by the Recharge app, you can rent VERY nice hotels by the hour. This might still be limited to SF & NY though, not sure
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion