tuscl

OT: LOL - IDK why this made me laugh

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Tesla introduces 'Dog Mode' to keep your pets from getting too hot

Tesla officially introduced a new feature on Thursday called "Dog Mode" that aims to keep owners' pets comfortable while left unattended in the vehicle.

"Dog Mode" keeps climate control on while the car is parked and also includes a display screen with the temperature so that people passing by can see that owners' pets are safe, Tesla said.

The electric car maker showed off "Dog Mode" in a tweet early Thursday. It's one of several software updates the company is introducing that focuses on improving safety and security.

Tesla also unveiled "Sentry Mode" to monitor the car's surroundings while it's locked and parked. It said in a blog post the feature uses the vehicle's external cameras to detect surrounding threats and sends alerts to an owner's Tesla mobile app if an incident occurs.

Musk hinted in a tweet on February 7 that the features would be unveiled this week.

To enable "Dog Mode," owners will tap on a fan icon at the bottom of the touch screen. If the car's battery reaches less than 20 percent charge, owners will receive a notification on their mobile app, Tesla said.

Tesla warned customers to check for local rules regarding leaving pets unattended in cars before using the feature.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/14/tesla-do…

9 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... Tesla also unveiled "Sentry Mode" to monitor the car's surroundings while it's locked and parked. It said in a blog post the feature uses the vehicle's external cameras to detect surrounding threats and sends alerts to an owner's Tesla mobile app if an incident occurs ..."

I guess this feature will be set off if there are a couple of black guys standing near the car - but then again I'm no software-engineer, just trying to grapple with all this new technology
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Teslas are shit cars, cheap materials and feel like a glorified prius
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Buddy of mine just got The Tesla suv with th full wing back doors, rides beautiful is quiet and has plenty of power, I’d consider one if there were more quick charge options
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Ooh, I hope the dog mode catches on and trickles down to the sedans for plebs.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi,

Speaking of a Tesla, there is/was one about 165 million miles away. At least what may be left of it. Reading about the rover, Opportunity, on Mars and read this: "Many human artifacts wouldn't last very long beyond our protective biosphere. As Live Science reported previously, solar radiation has likely shredded the Tesla Roadster Elon Musk launched into space last year." A sad ending. :(
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    They made this feature for when you have to make a quick stop and want to leave your dayshift ATF in the car.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    What happens when you leave the dog in the car too long and it pisses on the console and shorts out all the electronics? Is that covered under the warranty as long as you had "dog mode" engaged at the time?
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Is this for ugly girlfriends?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion