tuscl

The next Usain Bolt? Meet the 7-year-old sprinter who might be the fastest kid y

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
He already has a nickname: Blaze the Great. He has been called “the next Usain Bolt,” and it may not be hyperbole. He has a growing Instagram following that just topped 300,000 and viral videos all over the place. He has football skills, too, and has drawn the attention of LeBron James and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, among others.

Oh, and he’s 7 years old.

It was his return to the track over the weekend that drew the latest round of attention to Rudolph Ingram Jr. The Tampa youngster, who said he began training when he was 4, left the competition in his wake, winning the 100-meter dash in 13.48 seconds — which would be a U.S. record for his age group. He appears to be picking up where he left off last summer, when he won the 100 and finished second in the 200 in his age group at the AAU championships.

"I can give him all the tools to be great, but his drive and work ethic and competitive mentality, it sets the bar so much higher,” his father, Ralph Sr., told Tampa’s ABC affiliate. “I have seen him [losing] midrace and just take off and get faster. He does not like to feel like a loser. He wants to win,” his father added.

His Instagram bio describes him as " ‘7 Years Young’ 3x AAU All American

4 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Shit - only part of the article pasted in the OP - the link below is the whole article and there are some vids of him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20…
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Some kids just develop early. I ran track in school. I remember being left in the dust by certain kids in Jr High. But they never got any bigger or faster. I was the one with the medals by high school. This kid may end up a stud athlete. But at 7, its way too early to tell.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @Warrior:

What distance did you run and which was your best?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I ran sprints just like this kid. So I am aware of how fast that is for a 7 year old. Thats not a bad time for a 12 year old. Let's see how much faster he gets as he gets older. I lot of fast kids end up turning to football because it's more glamorous.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion