tuscl

TUSCL slow

Clubber
Florida
It seems to me that with all the recent changes on TUSCL, loading a new page takes a lot longer. I don't mean like "go get coffee" slow. As an example, I open TUSCL off my bookmarks, it comes up in the daily reviews page. Then when I click on the discussion page, it take around 5 seconds to load. Wasn't that way in the past!

What I see is that on most sites, the page displays almost immediately. With TUSCL, it no long does. BTW, I've not seen this issue on any other sites I regularly visit. My internet speed is right at 230 up and 25 down.

15 comments

• founder
    6 years ago
    Sometimes it's slow for me too
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    founder,

Interesting. I'm trying to think of something that changed that could cause this. Drawing a blank. Another thing I see. I don't use my browser full screen. There are to many other files around the reduced size of the browser not full screen. These I often reference, so I like them available with the browser still visible. In my "arrangement", the TUSCL text is at the very edges of the browser with no border at all. Full screen, the border is there. If I reduce the browser size, a border returns. A strange phenomenon, to me.

BTW, it's not an issue to me, just a comment on what I see.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I'm having the same experience. Ever since the changes, the pages take much longer to load. Used to be almost instant, now it's about a 5 second wait. Those 5 seconds apiece add up quickly when trying to go from page to page, review to review, etc. This is on mobile, btw. Not sure if the home experience is the same.

Not sure what happened but I hope it doesn't stay like this.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    TFP,

My experience is all on my desktops and laptop. I just tried my phone and it is about the same speed.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I ordered a new server today... Probably will make the transition early next week
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    If you changed anything in the database that would be the culprit. Also run some table checks, just 1 partially corrupt table will slow things to a crawl. Or a highly fragmented index.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Jeff,

Founder doesn't use a database. FORTRAN doesn't handle a database. :)
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I am not seeing a big lag right now

Are you guys?
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    I forgot, it's all stitched together with Notepad and 2 CSS files whose only entries are varying shades of white and gray. Every time someone posts, the only code that is running on the site randomly re-positions the menus to make the site harder to navigate than the last page.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Jeff,
    Excellent!
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    founder,

Going "forward" seems back to normal, yet going "back" is still slower than it was. At least in my case. Not an issue. I only brought the topic up as an observation and a point of interest, not a complaint.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i usually have slow service...
  • founder
    6 years ago
    I think I found an issue that was slowing it down. Let me know if the daily review page is loading faster for you now.

thanks
    F
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Reviews page is loading fast and seemingly faster than Discussions page
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    founder,

Seems back to normal. I noticed it right away. Thanks!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion