tuscl

strip club coat check-in ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
I've rarely clubbed up north - the time or two I have it wasn't cold yet - thus I've never visited a club w/ a mandatory coat check-in as I read on some TUSCL reviews of clubs up north.

What is the reason behind it being mandatory vs just an optional service - is it just to get more $$$ from the custy, or is there some legit reason to force ever custy to check-in their coat?

17 comments

• Lurker_X
    6 years ago
    Maybe b/c coats can have large pockets for sneaking booze into club?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Never seen a coat check myself, but at out Mexican Bars they do pat down searches. Concerned about weapons.

Not aware of any legal reasons. Might be insurance reasons.

SJG
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Is anyone in Flight Club tonight ? It supposed to be minus 11 in Detroit.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Not me. The Flight Club has a coat check to take even more of my money. So I stopped wearing a coat to the club. I would probably have to today.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I think it’s just a way to get more money. I don’t greatly mind it though because I hate having to lug my coat around in a club. I don’t wear a coat if I can avoid it but with Minnesota winters, there is no choice most days.

In places that have it, there is a tip jar. I throw in a buck and just have to remember not to leave money or anything valuable in my coat.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Leave your coat in your car? If not to cold and wet outside.

Take your coat to your seat?

SJG
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    The club I visit, I've heard the bouncers say you can't have anything with a zipper, so I assumed it was because the girl might cut herself on it. Just to be on the safe side I now take off my pants during lap dances.

Maybe guys try to hide jerking off with a jacket hiding it, or girls giving hj's, hidden cameras, around Chicago could be so they can't hide guns. All speculation.
  • IHearVoices
    6 years ago
    I've never gone to a SC up north with a mandatory coat check, but I've gone to a regular club with one. Savannah's is the only one I've gone to that even had an optional coat check...but then again, I may not notice coat checks because I never wear coats regardless: I'm not outside long enough to get cold, and KOD [RIP] is the only SC I've ever waited in line to get into. At my advanced age, it's going to take a special occasion for me to stand in line anywhere.

My guess as to why clubs would have them leans more toward people trying to sneak stuff in and/or the checks taking too long for security than any nickel and dime type stuff.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    for logistics purposes.... can you imagine the discomfort of a club with heavy coats everywhere....
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    Most of the higher end clubs have a mandatory coat check, although sometimes it's free. I think it's kind of like a dress code along with the no hats that some clubs enforce. Also i don't like leaving any personal items unintended, nor the idea of lugging a coat around to the chump station and back. But i never bring a coat into the club, and just leave it in the car along with any hat or gloves if i'm wearing them. Most of the clubs that require coat check also often require valet as well, so i don't have much of a walk to the club even if it's freezing or raining. Also i don't like the hassle of waiting around to retrieve a coat (and the usual expected tip for the pretty coat girl) when it's time to bounce...
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    yeah i never bring a coat in either. maybe just a hoodie or track top at most
  • clres007
    6 years ago
    For extra income and for general appeal of the club by not having coats lying everywhere in the club, I think.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    When I lived up north most places had coat checks, not just strip clubs, restaurants, movies, bowling alleys, etc. The primary reason is to make it more enjoyable to spend time in a venue without bulky overcoats all over the backs of chairs and restricting movement freely around the room, attendants became popular in the fourties, fifties, and sixties when better restaurants catering to middle and upper class folks and the woman would wear furs, and the men would wear cashmere overcoats and the risk of theft became a very big problem I’m sure it’s a revenue stream but it is also a necessary thing I’m many places.
  • mucktruck
    6 years ago
    do they have a basement for me to TAKE A SHIT in!
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I leave my coat in the truck
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    There is an element of greed to it, but it’s easier to hide weapons coats as well.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    It's just to get more fucking money. It never ends. One time I didn't wear coat because I'm saving money. The club (although it was nightclub) wanted me still pay the fucking coat check.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion