tuscl

ATL airport clubs

I'll be staying at a hotel near ATL Tuesday night, and with the Atlanta Map View page not working for me (comes up empty), I've had to stumble around on the site a bit to find clubs nearby. Is Club Blaze my best choice or are there other clubs nearby that are worth a visit?

Thanks!

10 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Blaze is an all-black club which is not everyone's cup-of-tea - there are many all-black clubs in Atlanta as well as many no-touch air-dance clubs - best if you specify what type of club you're looking for (dive, upscale, black, mixed, or doesn't matter).
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    There are no mixed clubs on the south side of Atlanta. Goldrush and Blaze are probably the best black clubs near the airport.
  • woodstock
    6 years ago
    Papi and shadow, thanks for the heads-up. And Papi, based on your and shadow's reviews and comments, I imagine what I'm looking for is Follies, but seems like it would be quite a trek from the airport, especially given the weather that's arriving in the area. (Below freezing in Columbus on Wednesday? Aiyah!)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah - Follies is a good trek from the airport and it's usually heavy-traffic, and rush-hour is pretty-bad to get from airport to Follies
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Shadow and Papi are right, no good mixed clubs near the airport. I was going to suggest Tattletale, a mixed (mostly white) club. A bit more upscale than Follies and extras are available, but at 2X the cost. It’s in Buckhead, about 20 minutes from the airport if the traffic gods smile on you, but by then you are about 10 or so minutes from Follies. It might actually be easy to get around if you’re used to driving in bad weather. The streets will probably be deserted, but the clubs might be also.
  • Summit21
    6 years ago
    You can always take the train station to doraville and uber to Follies.
  • boomer79
    6 years ago
    Fannies is close to Blaze and is mixed. I’ve had a good experience there recently on a weekend night but not sure if it was normal. In the past the talent wasn’t very good but so have heard it has improved recently.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    boomer - according to Google maps those 2 clubs are 17.7 miles apart. I don't call that close.
  • boomer79
    6 years ago
    I’m sorry I thought Blaze was on Fulton Industrial. Never been there but must have it confused with another club.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I'm sure you meant Babes right across the parking lot but they are still not close to the airport.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion