tuscl

tequila

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
i've discovered recently you can drink a lot of tequila and feel fine in the morning if its 100% agave. basic drinking rules apply but i literally had 8 tequilas at a work party in mexico a few nights ago and woke up feeling like i didn't drink at all and slept like a baby. people know about this? what are good tequila brands? always thought vodka was the best bet. if i had the amount of vodka i had in mexico i'd still be hung over.

20 comments

• datinman
    6 years ago
    Chinaco anejo is my personal favorite. Drink it like you would a good single malt or quality whiskey.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    You're insane if you think there's something magical about tequila that it won't give you a hangover willy! I've had a LOT of tequilas. My fave under $35 is, IMO, Centenario Anejo; it is good enough to sip. Dipping into more craft tequilas, my fave recently might be Tierra Sagrada Extra Anejo, which is still under $100.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    @sub you're saying 100% agave tequila has given you a hangover?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i guess maybe the 6 shots of tequila i drank one evening in hk, adelitas and chicago must not have been 100 percent agave. i blacked out in hk and fell to the floor.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Back in the 70's I drove through the town of Tequila MX on my way to Guadalajara. Seemed like the main street was just one liquor store after another. Back in those days I drank Sauza Blanco which was the top selling brand in Mexico at the time. I liked it best chilled.

On a fishing trip to Lago Novillo we ran into 2 guy from Oklahoma that got the shits from drinking a local bath tub brew of Mezcal. Yes. It did have a worm in the bottom of the bottle.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Don Julio, but I;ll settle for Patron
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    i'm telling you guys check the bottle to see if its 100% agave. it doesn't have to be expensive. just bought a bottle for $22
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    I like a Cabo Wabo which is Sammy Hagar's but I'm not a huge tequila guy in general. Recently tried chipotle pepper vodka which was really good
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Love Don Julio aka DJ but tequila is a diuretic for me. I hurl all night and get the runs the next day if I have more than a few drinks w tequila. So it's a good weight loss drink. That said, its terrific with club soda and a splash of lime.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    it is true i've had the shits lately
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I'm going to split the difference --if you stay with 100% agave you have a significantly less chance of having a hangover the next morning however if you can get a hangover.

When I can find it I drink Patron Anejo Tequila. I'm sure there are better but I like the taste and it seems to be easy on my stomach and head the following day.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    The next day have a tequila Bloody Mary and Huevos Rancheros for breakfast.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Steeldog I never was either. I got sick as a dog on a trip to Mexico when I was a lot younger than I am today. I'm sure it was local stuff--worm in bottle--the whole bit and it wasn't Mezcal--- but when I started to go in the clubs and meet dancers OTC the ones that could really hold their alcohol seemed to favor tequila and in particular chilled shots.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Chilled shots = more tolerable to drink bad tequila lol ... I have the shots chilled when I'm drinking the well tequila, or the bottom shelf Cuevo, etc. Don Julio & Patron's Anejos are fine, but I actually think the Centenario I mentioned is better than both, at a lower price. The Tierra Sagrada extra anejo is the tequila equivalent of Macallan 15, Zacapa XO, etc. Something you should experience, and is worth the $, if you really enjoy tequila
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    Tres Generaciones
    Don Julio
    1800 to mix

I prefer anejo to sip and blanco to mix
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Try tequila with Sonora or Tampico fruit punches, especially the mango one
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Jose Cuervo
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    try a better quality tequila and dont mix it with any other alcohol
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I stay away from Tequila.

I’ve woken up in some bizarre places after nights when I drank like an idiot. I still have no memory of several days when I was going at it hard.

I will have a beer or two if I club at night. Otherwise I stick to bottled water or coffee.
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    Don Julio 1942. Clase Azul. Casa Amigos. don Julio Real if you really want to spend some money. Avion is decent as well. Never had a hangover from any of them. All 100% Agave. I agree.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion