tuscl

Have strip club standards changed a lot over the last 25 years?

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
I’ve been a strip club monger for decades. My experiences suggest that strip club standards have progressed enormously over the years, becoming increasingly lewd and permissive.

G-strings have become tinier, table dances have morphed into lapdances/lapgrinds with lots of two way contact. Private dance rooms and VIP rooms have become commonplace where damn near anything is available for a fee.

But then I wonder: is this progress common to most markets or does it only seem that way to me because my experiences have mostly occurred in one market whose steady progress towards delicious depravity might be comparatively unique.

I’m curious what others with extensive experience in other strip club markets have to say about evolving standards of indecency.

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A similar topic was discussed recently:

https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Seems location has a lot to do with it - seems there are certain areas that in the 70s/80s were the wild wild west and are now more tame or a former shadow of themselves.

Also - overall it seems more and more cities are going after the clubs and trying to shut them down - whether this is based on "moral grounds" or more likely financial forces like gentrification.

Overall it does seem there is more-mileage extras available today than 20-years ago - but it seems it may be in just certain big metro areas.

Even Houston seemed to be much more wild pre-2013 b/f there was a lady-mayor in office which went to war with Treasures in particular but the whole SC scene within the city-limits of Houston seemed to suffer and it does not appear that it's quite back to its former glory (or maybe it is).
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi,

As you said about, "...certain areas that in the 70s/80s were the wild wild west..." is true, but back then they were much as clubs are today. Overall, in my experience, the wild west clubs have become the norm, rather than the exception.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    When I was in LA in the 1990s, the dancers at many clubs put on legit stage shows. I'm thinking of The Body Shop (Sunset Boulevard) in particular. Then there was the now long-gone Hollywood Tropicana and its mud and oil wrestling shows. It seems like there was more effort put into actual entertainment and spectacle. Obviously, not all the clubs were like that.

(Aside... I saw Pauly Shore get punched in the face at Hollywood Tropicana. I was okay with that.)

The availability of extras has increased along with contact during dances. Especially here in Rhode Island what with our years long experiment with unintentionally legal prostitution (long gone now). But, I suspect that's true overall except in the more regulatory and puritanical locations.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    can't talk about that long a period, but clubs are only as wild as the girls are desperate for cash.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    Interesting ...

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps my impression that the strip club scene has become far more permissive reflects that I have largely confined myself to one major metro area and within that market that I have mostly frequented the particularly permissive clubs where extras are the norm.

Lucky me (I guess).
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Well, if *you're* a frequent, long-term customer spending more time and money in permissive clubs, then it follows that you're far from the only one voting with your wallet, so to speak.

And if club owners, managers, and dancers see more money flowing through extras-friendly clubs, then that's the trend to follow to maximize profit via the path of least resistance.

So, to quote Jesse Pinkman... "Economics, bitch."
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    I’ve been around long enough to see things ratchet up a notch on the ratchety scale. On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being rare I have seen local clubs go from 1-2(low ratchets) 20 years ago escalate to 3-4(higher ratio of ratchety dancers) currently, with an occasional 5 thrown in there on 1 or 2 visits annually.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Sadly I can't contribute anything to the topic since I haven't been SCing for that long.

I just wanted to say that it's cool to see you post in the discussion area. I always enjoy reading your reviews and wondered what your input would be like on this side if you ever posted here.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    Hah!

I never even noticed this feature until now.

Guess I’ve just been too busy getting desplooginated at strip clubs.
  • Nixur68
    6 years ago
    Things are way more strict. Clubs without VIP, No Touching, No Booze, etc. Most clubs are turning into sports bars with hot waitresses.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    While I can't speak to 25 years, the last 15 have made things much worse in my home area of Cincinnati. All of the clubs in southwest Ohio have closed along with 3/4s of the clubs in northern Kentucky. The clubs that are left in northern Kentucky are now bikini clubs that aren't worth visiting most of the times.

Most of the rest of Ohio's clubs have also gone downhill thanks to our state legislature passing numerous restrictions.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    we need freedom!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion