tuscl

Is It Weird To Have Women's NCAA Basketball On The TV In The Club?

trpterp
District of Columbia
Sunday, January 6, 2019 7:24 PM
I was recently in a Virginia SC where there are plenty of TV's, most of which are tuned to sports. On this particular night ESPN and ESPN2 both had women's college basketball games on. And both games were on in the club. Few if any of the patrons were actually watching the games. I like women's hoops and am a season ticket holder to my local college's women's basketball team. But this seemed an odd juxtaposition. Women's MMA I wouldn't necessarily feel quite as weird about. Thoughts?

13 comments

• IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    It doesn't really matter. One of my fave clubs has CNN on another Spanish language soap operas
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    To me women’s MMA would be weird. Maybe they could do the gratuitous censorship thing with it. Then it would fit nicely.
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    If I wasn't watching the strippers I'd rather watch a poker game or something else.
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    5 years ago
    @orionsmith Because it's Virginia there really isn't much to see. It's a pasties club. And if you're seated at the bar your back is toward the stage.
  • lopaw
    5 years ago
    No.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    As opposed to what? Who cares. If whats on tv is a priority at the titty bar, you need to rethink your priorities. Unless you are there for the tv...
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    No, i dont think its "weird". If you're intolerant, or really bored, you can ask them to change the channel. Doesnt mean they will though if they really dont want to.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I'm sure the TV was turned to particular channels. No one was paying attention to the TV. I"m sure the manager of the club was totally unaware that there were women sports on. I think that would be an odd occurrence to have both ESPN and ESPN2 to both have women's games at one time. I bet if you would have asked, they would have gladly changed it.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I don’t think it’s odd. It’s sports - in a strip club - where they expect most customers to be male. Some of the women’s college basketball rivalries are very competitive - and fun to watch. But, I wouldn’t be watching itc. I tend to think tv’s in clubs are in place so the guys have a place to look when they aren’t looking at the dancers - or looking for the bartender.
  • daddyfatsack
    5 years ago
    No
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I like to watch both women’s basketball and volleyball.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    On one of my trips up to the Twin Cities, they had the Minnesota WNBA team on TV at the club I went to. I suppose that would have been weird if it wasn't Minnesota. I know that one of the clubs in Lincoln, NE will put the Huskers on regardless of what sport it is. Given Nebraska's recent sports history, volleyball would be preferred to football.
  • trpterp
    5 years ago
    @DC9428 - No it was in Northern Va. @Warrior15. - You're right I don't think anyone was paying attention to the TV. Thanks for the input about asking mgt to change the station. It really wasn't a big deal b/c there were several other TVs tuned to other sports channels.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion