tuscl

Ignore button

Daddillac
Atlanta
I never realized how nice the ignore feature is until my bulldogs played like shit and lost to Texas. I was just looking through the front room and rn across txtittyfag post calling me out about the sugar bowl, I started to respond but it would not let me till I logged in. After I logged in poof.... the thread was gone and so was txtittyfag, LOL

I really enjoy the now format and the ignore feature, thank you founder

9 comments

• steeldog65
    6 years ago
    Sweet isn't it.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Yeah, it’s almost like I don’t have my own personal gay stalker following me around wanting to suck my dick.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I've had him on ignone since almost first joining the board----and he is the only poster I have blocked.....so I have no idea what he stated in that discussion.

So far I like the new layout as well.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I really like the fact that the VIP forum is not crawled by search engines. Great new feature.

I don't use ignore. Period.

I think it makes sense that if John ignores Jack, then Jack can't post on John's thread. However ignore goes too far because Jack can't even read threads started by John. As an analogy, I don't expect Fox or Brietbart to accept my editorials for publication. But if I have to prove that I'm that I'm a loyal conservative to read Fox or Brietbart, it's censorship.

Just my $0.02 and it's not by my board and not my decision.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I used to feel that way but I’ve come to see the other POV, if you can’t disagree in comity, and instead just post attack after attack, why shouldn’t you have the right that you’ve abused taken away from you. It’s not censorship, it’s the only way a community can stand up for itself. Look at it as a protective gesture.
    Now publishing you ignore list is certainly trolling, and making an attack then hiding behind ignore is just chickenshit
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @25: What do you consider chickenshit? Hypothetical: let's say that someone puts you on ignore, then posts that most Democrats beat their wife. Or hypothetically someone does a lot of race-baiting, then starts a thread attacking other member, now with impunity with the new ignore rules. Doesn't the new rule enable chickenshit behavior?

It's not a big deal, but I predict the new rules will be abused a far worse way. Baby and bathwater...
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    The difference between freedom of speech and the right for a person to walk into a crowded theater and yell fire with the intent of causing panic are two different things.

The right to free speech and the intent to consistently and only cause distraction in a conversation are two different matters as well.

I'm very careful not to randomly place some one on ignore but after seeing a consistent 10/10 bullsh*t response with no substance and not related to the topic at hand I came to the conclusion there was never going to be anything of substance brought forth by one individual. I'm not stating I don't agree with a person --you and I don't agree many times and not only do I not have you on ignore but I also have you on my trust list- there's a difference between different schools of thought and comments made with no thought or with the only thought of drawing attention to what must be a pathetic existence. seeking board applause........
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ Random sounds chickenshit to me every one knows it’s those loony libertarians that bear their wife;)

@Warrenboy we can disagree about anything that’s not ever going to bother me, the point I was making is seems to me that some folks are drama free and others invite it. I prefer the drama free and will never attack anyone for the sake of attacking, lately those attacks have a very personal feel to them, and I don’t like the tone of certain knucklehead posters.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    *^ One more point we shouldn’t even be wasting this section discussing the knuckle heads I for one have bigger fish to fry.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion