tuscl

Hundreds of Foxy Lady employees out of work after city board shuts strip club do

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
The loss of jobs is something the do-gooders never think about when they shut down strip clubs. A group of Detroit ministers have been campaigning against strip clubs for years. But the city's economy will only suffer if the clubs close down.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/pro…

15 comments

• Musterd21
    6 years ago
    You can’t legislate righteousness!
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Progressives believe a woman has no right to use her body to earn a living, but they do have the right to murder their unborn child.
  • Musterd21
    6 years ago
    ^so true!
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Unfortunately, many laws, ordinances and administrative actions are pushed to make the proponents feel good about themselves and superior to others. The actual consequences and impact on people ends up as an afterthought, if that.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Hundreds of employees? I've never been to Detroit, but is that a realistic count?
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Providence, not Detroit. Read the article first, GN.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Providence Journal reported approximately 200 employees.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The "laws of unintended consequences" seem to often apply to government actions
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assume there may be quite an uptick now w.r.t. OTC
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Don’t be so sure that these were unintended consequences, the results were surely predictable and I believe the damage is intentional.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    From the quotes in the article, it seems clear that was the intention. Not that I like to think of a couple hundred people losing their job at Christmas, I hope the loss of tax income hits Providence hard. That seems to be the only thing these hack politicians understand.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    From the quotes in the article, it seems clear that was the intention. Not that I like to think of a couple hundred people losing their job at Christmas, I hope the loss of tax income hits Providence hard. That seems to be the only thing these hack politicians understand.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Strippers can always find another club to work at. The Atlanta area lost 4 clubs 3 months ago and the strippers were absorbed into the other clubs.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    There's always the stroll.

But on a serious note, its not easy for strippers to find work. Around here. clubs that tend to shut down are smaller independently owned ones that are more likely to hire thicc or minority girls. The chains and tourist oriented clubs want Russians or skinny white girls with fake boobs.
  • loper
    6 years ago
    skibum, you are confused about what progressives believe. I think you think it's whatever is opposite of what you believe.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion