tuscl

Bringing water/soft drinks into a BYOB club?

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Monday, December 10, 2018 8:35 PM
So ran into a dancer that I like at a BYOB club. I have previously never gone to BYOB clubs regularly. Can I bring in a bottle of water or a coke?

8 comments

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    If I recall correctly, most places would want you to buy the non-alcoholic stuff to make money off of that at least. Idk how much that gets enforced tho. Guess if you’d rather be safe than sorry, you could always sneak water into a bottle of vodka.
  • WILLYSGOTAHUCOW
    6 years ago
    I like to bring hot water and throw it at the girls before getting kicked out
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah - I would think they would not allow you to bring something in that they can sell you themselves at an inflated price
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Most byob clubs sell non-alcoholic drinks, so probably not.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    6 years ago
    In my experience with two BYOB clubs in Maryland, the higher cover charge at least partially compensates the club for lost beverage sales and there is zero pressure to purchase even limited amounts of beverages. What minimal service these two club provide at the “bar” is more for customer convenience than earning a profit. I’ve never had an issue bringing my own sodas into these places when I don’t feel like drinking. A third BYOB club in the state takes your beverages and keeps them behind the bar. So you need to tip the bartender in order to drink your own beverages. Soft drinks are also offered at typical bar prices if you chose not to BYOB. I suspect you could bring your own soft drinks, but you’d still be expected to tip. In short, I would not worry about bringing your own sodas / water; the club certainly has other ways of making money.
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    I bring NA drinks into the BYOB Players Club here in Baltimore all the time. Usually it’s a mixer. Sometimes it’s so I can switch off the booze before the drive home. Never been an issue but it’s a $25 cover so the club gets paid. I was charged $2 for a cup of ice last time when it was free for years. I tipped the bartender when the ice was free. When they charged $2 for ice I didn’t tip, though in reflection I might’ve screwed the bartender when my gripe was more properly with the club.
  • Hank Moody
    6 years ago
    Also, Showcase is a BYOB with a similar cover but different system. You have to buy a red solo cup for $5 from the bar and then go out to your car every time you want to reload. Not sure if they charge for ice, but since you’re heading to your car anyway you can bring whatever you want.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    "Guess if you’d rather be safe than sorry, you could always sneak water into a bottle of vodka." This just illustrates that strip clubs really are a bizzaro world. Normal people sneak vodka into water bottles to get into someplace, while strip club hounds are forced to sneak water in a vodka bottle. SMH
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion