tuscl

Tijuana border crossing

grimes
New York
Anyone been to Tijuana in the last few days? How was the situation crossing the border to and from? I want to go to the Hong Kong soon, and would probably try to hit it up in the early evening during the week day.

8 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    Tunnel Delta is safe
  • Summit21
    6 years ago
    Going next week. Wish me luck and will update. If no update then then I might be trapped in TJ and living at hong kong the rest of my life.
  • J33504
    6 years ago
    I went on Friday during the day. Went on pedwest side. Saw a lot of the migrants just camped out at the border. Walked straight to the Hong Kong shuttle stop which is newly remodeled and looks great btw.

When I left later in the evening again at ped west the migrants looked mostly moved elsewhere? Maybe at night they go to a shelter? Not sure but I found out the Sunday just two days later is when they tried to rush the border and then it was closed for a bit.

If the news is correct and even more migrants are coming it's going to be a mess at the border in my opinion. I plan on staying away awhile.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    I crossed there and back on foot yesterday and there was no wait in either direction and no problems. All the migrants that were lingering by the water or camped out on the riverbed were cleared out and nowhere to be seen. I think they may have been moved to the refugee camps further from the border, to prevent a repeat of Sunday's chaos.
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    *lingering by the border not water
  • grimes
    6 years ago
    I would definitely cross on foot also. Worst case something pops off and I have to get a hotel room near Hong Kong. I'm sure I'd find some way to amuse myself for the night. :D
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    It's back to normal Mon nite, no extra soldiers. HK was full of hot chicas and not many guys, great deals. I'm walking back to US now to excercise and sight seeing and banking.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Yeah cross on foot to be safe. But traffic is flowing as normal. Closing the border during the work week would create a huge shit show
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion