tuscl

OT: Drew Brees

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Wow - all time passing yards leader - 71,000+ yards.

From a guy that was supposed to be too small to play QB in the NFL - pretty-impressive.

23 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    And he's a class act.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Not bad for a guy that was too short to play the position. Great man, great career.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Im the TUSCL career leader in LDKs. Havent left a club without a LDK since 2006.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Impressive. LOL
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Seems like there are a lot of guys that are "too small" that turn into all-time greats. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith etc.

Luckily it turns out size doesn't matter as long as you know how to get the job done. At least that's what a few strippers have told me over the years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I was wondering where that was going. Well played.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Sucks to be a Redskins fan tonight.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    One can only go so far with game-manager Alex Smith
  • Scluva6969
    6 years ago
    Having a great coach and weapons for a career will do that for you. Doesnt hurt that he has pin point accuracy to boot. Time to get that 500 pass tds now!
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Not a knock but to add to Scluva comments he has been playing what,at least 9 games indoors and due to their division mostly in good weather cities. But many other qbs play in similar environments and couldn't even come close to why Brees has done and continues to do. Plus he seems like a good dude.
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    While I scratch my head at the decision not to put a roof on the Metlife Stadium that cavern they call the Superdome does look dreary to play in. Feels like they are playing a pick up game at the local Walmart
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Love Drew Brees, especially the few years ago version in fantasy, but playing half your games inside on a race track inflated those stats. QB's with great numbers playing in the cold are more impressive. Tom Brady.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    QB's with great numbers playing before the league changed rules making it such a pass happy league are more impressive. Dan Marino.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Agree on Marino. Different game. Dan Fouts would kill it in today's league as well with Air Coryell.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I was thinking of Fouts too.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Brees has had the misfortune of playing in the same era as Brady, Manning, and a few others, has finally gotten some of the respect which in my opinion he has earned, the hard way.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    20 years ago I had a chance to see him in a bowl game against Kansas State where Purdue was a near two touchdown underdog. (Alamo bowl--no idea what they call it today.) He took a physical beating in the first half but he was a tough competitor. Purdue won in the 4th Quarter late. I followed him when he was drafted by the Chargers and then discarded when they though Philip Rivers was a better fit for them.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi,

And to think, we could have had him in Miami, except for stupid doctors!!!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    As I recall, that was a big part of the reason SD made him available as well, not just tgat Rivers was a better fit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If I recall, Brees' shoulder was very questionable and I assume why SD didn't want him going forward - and if I remember correctly SD drafted Eli Manning but the Manning camp said it would not play in SD and forced a trade with the Giants and thus how Rivers wound up in SD.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Yep, sounds right. The Eli thing is.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi,

Correct about the shoulder, BUT the choice was his questionable shoulder versus Daunte Culpepper's questionable knee. Doctor's went with Culpepper. He lasted 4 games! I saw him struggle in the 2 games at JRS. It was actually kind of sad.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion