tuscl

How useful are local reviews to you?

Monday, October 1, 2018 5:19 AM
I used to be curious of how other PLs reviewed my favorite/regular clubs, but nowadays, i feel like i've already learned practically everything there is to know about them, mostly from my own visits and reading other reviews just tends to confirm it. If they don't validate my experiences, i just figure the PL probably doesn't know the workings of that club very well or even in some cases doesn't even really know what he's writing about. It's pretty rare that i glean anything useful from these reviews except maybe a new dancer (or specific dancer intel) that i've never heard of or seen, but most reviewers don't mention names.

That doesn't mean that they shouldn't write these reviews. Others can definitely benefit. I feel that i probably don't need to bother with them though for the most part except for the occasional entertainment aspect. Do you still seek and read reviews of your favorite clubs?

30 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If you can’t get something from a different viewpoint, then I guess you really don’t know that much. I enjoy reading other people’s takes on the clubs I go to, it actually gives me a better understanding of why some clubs are the way they are. Sometimes it reinforces my perception, other times it clarifies things, after 40+ years of going to strip clubs I learn new things all of the time.
  • K
    6 years ago
    occasionally there is a comment that a dancer I like is back. I like to check out once good clubs every so often to see if they have recovered. I'll skip it if a recent review indicates it still sucks.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I still read reviews of my favorite clubs. I club a few times a month, and I don’t assume that I know everything about my favorite clubs.

I’m in Northeast NJ, and I prefer extras clubs. There are changes to the availability of extras in certain clubs, and it’s best to read reviews to remain aware.

Dancer info doesn’t make a difference to me. I don’t care who offers what - as it’s ymmv when negotiating extras.

If a review is a complete outlier - I will chalk it up to either a bad experience or a very good experience - but it’s not part of the normal experience.

So, yes, I read the reviews, and I find them useful.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I read the reviews for every club in my expanded area. You never know when something might change that would interest you. For better or worse.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Things change, sometimes for the better. There have been several times where I saw a good review on a club I didn’t regard real highly based on my experience, but that I hadn’t been to in years. Someone else’s good review helped influence me to try the club again and I was glad I did.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i read the reviews of my familiar clubs for info and entertainment... and now with the unpublished reviews definitely for entertainment (and as part of my duty as a tuscl member...!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @shadowcat +1
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Mom always said, you can't ever know everything there is. I think you can learn enough on your own to get by, but there's always something else you can learn from those in your extended social circle. You can't be everywhere, for example.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    All clubs are in a constant state of change. New dancers. New rules. New management. The reviews help.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    I guess i don't put all that much stock in reviews (often just glorified opinions) in general be it movies, cars, restaurants, music and i guess strip clubs now. The most important thing is the individual's actual experience. To me a review or a series of reviews might get me to try a club if i was on the fence or pick a club to visit in the rare opportunity i was to wander into a new area. But there is still no substitute for the actual experience and coming to your own conclusion.

If i read enough things in reviews (and many if not most clubs on this site have hundreds of reviews or more even, although only a relatively small percentage of those are actually very good) that i know turn me off to a club, i'm thankful to not have wasted any time or money on that club. That is if a review paints a fairly accurate picture of a club (or product or service) and what is provided with or without any judgement, than i consider it a good review and it has done its job. But once i start going to a club regularly, subsequent reviews tend to tell me what i already know. Once in a while, a review might have something that might enlighten me, but those are few and far between. The reasons i'll read a review of a favorite club are definitely different from the reasons i'll read one from one i've never been to or infrequently.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I don’t think I’ve ever read a review for a club that I was familiar with. I don’t see the point. The only reviews I read are of clubs that I’m not familiar with that I’m thinking of visiting.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    @shadowcat
    Oh yes, there was one club that i "used" to go fairly frequently, that changed the prices of almost everything: cover, valet, dance prices. All of them were raised 10-33%. I first found out about it in a review (i think TUSCL although SCL might have had it too). So it was definitely helpful. I did go to the club once more, didn't get any dances at the inflated rate and yes, i will probably check future reviews for any changes although clubs (or businesses in general) usually don't bring prices down after raising them. There was also another club (a divish one though) that did something similar, and i never went there again. So TUSCL helped me out again.

And i guess as a sort of follow up to your discussion about strip clubs closing, i did find out about two strip clubs changing ownership both from reviews and from dancers at the respective clubs. I didn't go to either club after the ownership change. So another win for me due to TUSCL.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    When you know the local clubs, you can tell which ones are bullshit posted just to get a free month of VIP. I just read a review of a club that is valet only and charges an Illinois pole tax to all customers at all hours, no exceptions. The guy claims there was no valet or entrance fee at night.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    reviews on here are not useful at all.No one will publicly post what goes on or what they do at their local club lol
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    "But there is still no substitute for the actual experience and coming to your own conclusion."

Actually, there's a club I've started going to recently that I had seen twice before without thinking much of the place. It takes a lot of patience to get to the finer points of the club, probably more than it deserves, but there's still some really strong points to it given enough time. I have seen the place 5 times recently, and 1 (the most recent) was spectacular, 1 was really good, 2 were so-so, and 1 was absolutely horrid. Same club. One of the local TUSCLers doesn't give me the lowdown on how best to experience the place and I don't ever go back after the last time a couple of years ago.
  • THE CHAINDOG
    6 years ago
    It lets me know where the girls have drifted to.
  • theDirkDiggler
    6 years ago
    ^ I do agree that some clubs might have a longer learning curve. Or patience as you said. I generally wouldn't recommend such a club to a one time visitor (say passing through and probably never again) though. Many of these finer details aren't that easy to convey in a review. I mean to someone that is quite familiar to the club, it might seem simple and easy, but it would probably be confusing or unclear to someone who has never been there even with "good" instructions without having experienced it.

I generally don't put "advanced" club-specific tips in a review and don't expect to find them either. Maybe in a PM, but even then...
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    my reviews are fictional.

do i have a good imagination?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    When I went to extras clubs, I found the local reviews very informative. On my rare trips to our local extras clubs, I absolutely pre-arm myself with review reading.

At a non-extras club, where I am a regular, local reviews are rarely informative. I get better treatment from both staff and the girls, and more lenient interpretation of the touching rules, as a regular. Most of the negative discussion of ROBs, surly staff, etc. just don't apply to me. And the positive comments, many of which I agree with, are mostly generic in nature ("Fun place to drink with some pretty girls who don't try to hustle you every second!" Well duh, that's why I picked this place :) Almost no one who is getting extras or even YMMV treatment at this places is going to mention it in a review -- and rightfully so IMO
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    If we're talking about a club I go to regularly I don't care what others think. If I'm considering a new club I want the intel.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    These days I mostly read reviews for PL-entertainment vs gleaming knowledge - once in a while a review may motivate me to visit a particular club I may have not visited in a while - and sometimes a specific dancer being described may motivate a visit, but for the most part it's just reading entertainment.
  • Lil_Baller100
    6 years ago
    i go by word of mouth when it comes to da best clubs
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    My guess is it’s more useful the more recent review are? Yes...no...maybe?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i hope so.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Reviews are probably more useful the less you know about strip clubbing
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    I really appreciate TUSCL reviews. Even if dancers aren’t specifically named, I want to know if things like DFK or DATY are available at the club I’m visiting.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    i dont read the reviews anymore for intel. I figured it out that a dancer that does FIV with another PL will probably not do FIV with you. Everytime you visit the club you get better at it, and learn to weed through the BS. if you visit a clean club and youre getting DFK and FIV, no one will believe you anyways.
  • wellhungsac420
    6 years ago
    I read reviews. They are helpful. I always take them with a grain of salt but the general info they provide can be helpful especially when I'm in a random place and I come across a new to me club. Definitely helps me decide if I should stop.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    They're not useful at all. No one really states the truth. You can find more credible useful general info on a clubs website or by calling them. The details are dumb, no one is gonna post what really happens.
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    I value reviews that warn about specific ROB activity. Specific stories of certain dancers providing outstanding service are likely to be untrustworthy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion