tuscl

OT: Medical Marijuana

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Any one on here use medical marijuana specifically for it's medical purpose; i.e. to treat a certain condition - if so what do/did you use it for and how effective has it been - and what product you feel has been effective for you?

As I posted a while-back, my 81 y/o aunt has chronic joint-pain and some of the pain-relievers she's prescribed have harmful side-effects - I was thinking if a medical marijuana product may actually help her w/o much side-effects.

For myself - I have issues winding down at the end of the day and thus often have a hard-time falling asleep - was wondering if some of you have used medical marijuana to aid w/ this?

I've never done illegal-drugs so not really looking to call Flaco to hook me up w/ some joints.

16 comments

• TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    I use it to treat my sobriety
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Have you already tried Benadryl/unisom/valerian for sleep? All are over the counter. Get generic for Benadryl/unisom so dipphenhydramine and doxylamine succinate- it will save some money.

CBD is good for pain in my experience. I never officially used medical marijuana/had a card for that. I come from a weed legal state so anyone 21+ can buy weed. Where I was they'd label what was in the weed so if you aren't trying to get high you can find something like 9% cbd 1% thc which is useless if you wanna get high but good for pain/anxiety. I have heard cbd can kill cancer but I am not sure of that.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    CBD also comes in pill form and oil form.. I think getting it as the plant is the best bang for your buck though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ if one gets it as the plant I assume that means smoking it?
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    You can now buy portable Vapes that vape the dry herb. Or "edibles" like weed brownies etc. But I think inhaling is the best way. I have tried CBD oil that you just drop in your mouth, but it is not as effective.. I assume pills are the same.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Or make edibles*
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    !
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Papi- we discussed this recently.

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Papi_Chulo - I use marijuana both recreationally and medicinally.

I use it medicinally for nausea, anxiety, PMS and cramping in general, body pain, and insomnia.

I also use it recreationally; sometimes it's to unwind after working either of my jobs, similar to how people with pour themselves a glass of wine, scotch, or have a beer (etc) after a hard day's work. I often will just use it because I like the effects of a marijuana high, and it is not like other drugs that have life-ruining addiction potential.

Much safer than prescription pain meds which tend to be opiates. Opiates carry high potential for abuse. Opiate abuse is terrible.

Thanks shadowcat for the link. I remember it being discussed recently.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    shadow - I remembered I had posted something about MM b/f but didn't remember the details.

Does anyone know if one needs a MM card to buy that CBD oil?

• NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    If it's CBD from marijuana, yes. If it's from hemp, I think you can still buy it off the internet.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    ^I am assuming.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    I <3 Mango Kush and Girl Scout Cookies
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    I <3 Mango Kush and Girl Scout Cookies
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    I heart mango kush and girl scout cookies
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Papi - We use a CBD based gel that actually heats up like Ben Gay on joints and muscles. It makes a huge difference. For sleep weed is also great. You can smoke it or vape it. Medical marijuana is really no different, other than its grown under rules and regulations. The strains are the same. We bought my favorite, Ghost Train Haze in Nevada, Washington and from the guy I have bought from for 17 years to compare smell, potency, lasting effect etc. It was close but the street guy we buy from grows a slightly more potent product. You will need a card for cbd oil, which although has no psychoactive effects, is still marijuana and subject to the same inane laws. If you eevr want to know more just pm. The last day that I did not have my own weed to get high was in 1989. Ghost Train Haze; Guerilla Glue #4; Chem Dog; Sour Diesel.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion