tuscl

The world is changing dinosaurs !

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Cosby sentenced 3-10 years, there is some justice, occasionally the system gets it right.

58 comments

• Icey
    6 years ago
    I think he's innocent.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ idiot like you would.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    He paid the little cunt millions of dollars to settle her claims, and that should be the end of the story. She had a choice — cash or justice and she chose the cash. Case closed. Or at least it should have been. They were only able to charge and convict him by using deposition testimony that the government had agreed not to use. I like his chances on appeal, but if they put him in jail pending appeal he will likely die before the appeal is decided.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    he can get an appeal pretty quickly.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @JS69 he might be a bit of a sacrificial lamb, but this is going to help others sueing him, and win cash judgements against him, in the end it is a victory over the money, and it puts these types on notice, that there might be a reckoning coming so in the words of a very famous lawyers letter “ gentlemen, govern yourself accordingly”
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    @twentyfive, "The world is changing dinosaurs"
    I hope you are right. My fear is that we're actually being played by the people in power and #MeToo is really just a temporary tool to dispatch a few key political enemies and will soon fade when the people in power have had their way. And the end result is nothing will change.

I really hope I am wrong. There are lots of women who I know have been assaulted (1 in 3) with little to no justice. Very difficult all round.

I'm still surprised they convicted Mr. Cosby. But as you said, "he might be a bit of a sacrificial lamb".
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Based on his moniker of “the Sleepytime Rapist” - I’m guessing one of our fellow members is very concerned about this decision!
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    He's guilt, he should go to jail. But I think it's a damn shame. I have always had such great respect for the man, at least his public image. But with that many women testifying against him, he's guilty.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I wonder if they serve Jello in prison?

Maybe that stuff isn’t Jello...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I would think b/c of his celebrity status, and perhaps frailness; that they may put him in one of the country-club prisons
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think a lot of these women use their sexuality to get ahead and farther than their talent would o/w take them - but of course this doesn't excuse what Cosby did - when there are double-digit women describing the same M.O. then likely that *was* his M.O. (even though it seems it was something he hadn't done in years but still it was obviously wrong). - and the reality is that most of those guys that have been taken down it has not been proven that they were innocent.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    LOCK HIM UP
    LOCK HIM UP
    LOCK HIM UP
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Cosby’s case was different from many of those that alleged coercion, he drugged these women and that makes what he did, unconscionable, and even more terrible, than saying baby if you want the part I want a blowjob. His actions took away any semblance of their ability to say, I don’t want that part bad enough to suck your wrinkly old dick. He deserves to go to jail and he may get out on appeal, but his life has changed, just like he did to many women, he is no longer in control of his own destiny.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Keith Ellison is allowed by #METOO to sexually assault women, but he is part of the Democratic party so that makes it ok. Plus, Ellison did it as an adult on adult women so they obviously deserved it.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    An appeal will take a year or two.

How much time he serves depends on whether or not his state has truth in sentencing. Is it Pennsylvania? I think he will have to finish his minimum sentence before being eligible for parole. But, he only got 3-10 years so he will probably be out in 3 years.

The first time my ex went to prison he was sentenced to 2-22 years. He got flopped on his first parole hearing and then was granted parole next time. So, with his 2 year minimum and 22 year max, he only served about 2 years and 10 months. He was convicted of more than one crime, but none as awful as rapey Cosby's. They ran his sentences concurrent.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Skibum stop with the whataboutism, you don’t think Cosby deserved what he’s getting ? Let’s keep on this topic please.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Apparently, his mistake was that he paid after instead of before.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ You don’t think the mistake was slipping these women a Mickey that’s irrational.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    In many of these she said he said encounters, only two may know the facts and the facts wouldn't matter until, usually the she, decides to say something. Even then all we know is that she said something. Still no facts and there won't be until a fact is proven. Only evidence should prove a fact, not just what someone says.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ There was tons of evidence if you’d just climb out of that bubble and stick your head out;)
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    Of course he's guilty, he admitted it. Whether or not that admission should have been allowed as evidence is up to far brighter legal minds than any of us.

I'm more concerned with the idea that vague 30+ year allegations can be used to derail someone's life.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Smash that like button!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "You don’t think the mistake was slipping these women a Mickey that’s irrational."

Obviously that was heinous.

Based on all the P4P discussions that get told here I was sarcastically saying all would have been good if he just negotiated the service and price ahead of time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... Cosby sat in court yesterday and today as his current team tried to convince O’Neill to spare the 81-year-old prison time based on his age and health. But with more than 80 inmates older than Cosby in Pennsylvania’s prison system, and a recently opened $400 million facility for seniors with health issues like the actor, the argument never gained traction with either the judge or the D.A ..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/b…
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @25
    " Let’s keep on this topic please."
    LOL. Are you new to this board?

Libs don't want to acknowledge what skibum said is true.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Nina
    Did your ex get treated like a bitch in prison?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... Even as Cosby has admitted in depositions in a civil suit more than 10 years ago to giving Constand several Benadryl pills on the night of the alleged assault in his Philadelphia-area mansion in 2004, Cosby has unsuccessfully insisted through various investigations and two trials that the encounter with the ex-Temple University employee was consensual ..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/b…

Why the f*** would he admit to that - *obviously* it was used against him to hang'm
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    You know flaggidiot, this has nothing to do with liberal, or conservative it has everything to do with intelligence or lack of same.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Keith Ellison is allowed by #METOO to sexually assault women, but he is part of the Democratic party so that makes it ok.

@halfabambinobj
    Do you deny that? Or are you just going to tell me to stay on topic?
  • samsung1
    6 years ago
    He had net worth around 400 million. Surprised he couldnt keep doing payouts or hire better lawyer
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @selflaggelator ;)) why would I be in a position to deny or confirm anything about Keith Ellison, I know nothing about whats going on with his issues, but as far as I know he didn't drug anyone, at least that's not what the allegations against him are about, so explain to me how this has anything to do do with liberal or conservative.
    BTW halfabambinobj that's really hurtful ;((
  • BigPimp69
    6 years ago
    What’s a bambino bj?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... He had net worth around 400 million. Surprised he couldnt keep doing payouts ..."

Supposedly at least 60 women have come forward; if he starts paying off everyone will want theirS and probably even more women would be coming out of the woodwork - i.e. a good chunk of his fortune may have gone up in smoke - of course now it probably still will especially w/ a guilty criminal-verdict.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Obviously selflagellators new pet name for me lolz
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    A bambino by is 50 cents so half of one is 25.
  • BigPimp69
    6 years ago
    LOL she should work for me. To do so much better
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @halfabambinobj
    "why would I be in a position to deny or confirm anything about Keith Ellison, I know nothing about whats going on with his issues, but as far as I know he didn't drug anyone, at least that's not what the allegations against him are about, so explain to me how this has anything to do do with liberal or conservative."

1. How can this be?
    "I know nothing about whats going on with his issues,..."
    "...I know he didn't drug anyone, at least that's not what the allegations against him are about"
    All in a fairly short post.

2. "explain to me how this has anything to do do with liberal or conservative."
    Really? The story of a Democrat being swept under the carpet and him being insulated against accusations by the #metoo movement has nothing to do with liberal or conservative? Did you really not chuckle to yourself when you write that?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Did your ex get treated like a bitch in prison?"

No, he joined a gang.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    So he didn't let you in on his initiation then?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    C'mon, you aren't that naive.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @selflagellator, Bill Cosby is the subject, I know very little about the me too movement, and AFAIK has absolutely, nothing to do with any movement, other than the fact that Cosby, has been proven to be a serial rapist, in more than one court proceeding, so again I asked a question and all you have done is try to dscredit me by changing the topic and calling me names, which I admit I started, because I thought bit was funny, but still you have avoided my direct question , what does political ideology have to do with the fact that Bill Cosby is now a convicted sex offender and has been adjudicated a rapist.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    You're the naive one, square. He joined an actual gang. Not a prison club, not a league of extraordinary gentlemen. An actual well-known gang that exists outside of prison, nation wide. He would have been disowned by them if he were someone's bitch.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @25, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the other topic that you avoided.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    What topic have I avoided I don't know very much about Keith Ellison, I said that, what do you want from me, an opinion on something I know nothing about.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Lol I think he just wants you in general, twentyfive.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^^^
    "Did your ex get treated like a bitch in prison?"

No, he joined a gang.

You made it sound like he joined a gang to keep from being treated like a bitch.

But I guess he was one of those fine, upstanding boyfriends that joined a gang. You do have standards. And yes, If not being a pussy and joining a gang makes me "square" I'll consider that a compliment.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    He was a fine boyfriend, he just wasn't a fine member of society. He was and still is a criminal. He is now in prison for his second time and just turned 26 last month (what a waste of youth). He supposedly gets out in less than two weeks though, and I am not looking forward to it.

"You made it sound like he joined a gang to keep from being treated like a bitch."

You asked me a question and I answered it. I also gave you more information, like the fact that he would have been disowned by the gang if he were to become someone's bitch (or a "fag" as men who've been to prison call it). That shit is frowned upon to them.

Why are you so interested in my ex boyfriend and what he did in prison? You're just on this discussion to be a lil bitchy grump, anyway.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I can understand your initial attraction. He seems like a real Prince
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Flagooner, he was great. We met before I was a dancer. He would make fun of me for being a "square," but respected me for having my shit together more than any other chick he knew. When I first met him, I was dating an all-state football player I went to high school with who met my textbook requirements for a man, but he wasn't passionate about anything. I tried to fight my feelings for The Criminal, but the more we hung out the more I realized I was in love with him. Everyone knew we were in love. It was like crazy magnetic forces at play.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Awww txttyfag it's alright.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Tweet from TV host Chuck Todd:

"My father died in 1988 and like many folks with deceased parents, I envision many conversations with him. I would love to see how he would have answered this question: of Bill Cosby and Donald Trump, which one will be president in 2018 and which one will be in prison?"
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Twenty Five - Cosby got exactly less than he deserved, but I have zero intention of getting all misty eyed about the fact that the second highest member of the DNC is no different except that one made conservative comments, abused women and is going to jail and one made liberal comments, abused women and is respected by those clamoring for Cosby's head. When such behavior is treated the same way, I will give a shit. This is another fuck you #METOO moment to me. I did not intend for others to chime in on my comment. Had I thought they would I would have ignored this thread.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^> I did not intend for others to chime in on my comment. Had I thought they would I would have ignored this thread.<
    Really here lol !
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I wish yall would stop with the #METOO shit.... I read that correctly as Pound Me Too and it makes me laugh and not take anything you say seriously
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I like boobies
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    #me too!
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    The comment about Cosby and Trump from 1988 made me remember a Meme I saw a while back. It was Howard Cosell standing between OJ Simpson and Bruce Jenner, it said Ladies and Gentlemen I have just returned from the future and you will not believe this shit.

I also like the one of Caitlyn Jenner accusing Bruce Jenner of fondling her for years
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Thats a life sentence to Cosby lmfao
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion