Burt Reynolds

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Thursday, September 6, 2018 12:07 PM
They just announced that Burt Reynolds has passed at the age of 82 RIP

30 comments

• Muddy
    6 years ago
    That sucks. Looked pretty frail the last decade or so.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    He lived a long-life and I imagine he did a lot of living in that life - RIP
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Heart attack. It sucks, but he had a good run.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I was a fan since Smokey and the Bandit days. He was also awesome in Striptease. R. I. P. Burt.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ Forgot to mention he was best in Boogie Nights, though.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    “Money doesn’t buy happiness. It buys great hookers – but not happiness.” — Burt Reynolds RIP Bandit
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Burt Reynolds could act and its readily apparent if you watch Deliverance, one of the most underrated films of all time.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    RIP Deliverance is a great movie.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Loved Deliverance. Pigs squealing and the Dueling Banjos just aren't the same after watching it.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    RIP Burt Reynolds.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    The rape scene in deliverance is the most sickening rape scene ever and yet nothing is shown at all.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    He had a thing with Loni Anderson too I think. RESPECT
  • woodstock
    6 years ago
    Time to once again tee up Boogie Nights on Netflix...
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    RIP hope you meet your Sally some day.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    He did a bunch of movies all over the place some serious like deliverance, but I think he enjoyed more the one that were comical like Smokey and the Bandit, I liked him in Striptease as the bumbling politician and my favorite was him and Dolly Parton in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
  • lotsoffun201
    6 years ago
    Nobody mentioned The Longest Yard. Loved that film.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    When Norm McDonald plays Burt in the game of Celebrity Jeopardy, on SNL chewing his gum, is quite the comical sketch play portraying him.
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    RIP Burt. Huge army of fans in the U.K.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    YEEHAWWW ! [view link]
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    @flagooner: A thing? He was married to Lonnie!
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    RIP, Burt Reynolds. Now you've got me searching movie data base for movies besides Deliverance, and Longest Yard.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    "I got a feeling that behind those jeans is something wonderful just waiting to get out." - Jack Horner from Boogie Nights
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I'm reminded of a joke from the past: A flea goes to a travel agent to find a good vacation. The travel agent books him into Mick Jagger's hair. A day later the flea comes back and complains, "Jagger's hair was always flopping around and the music was so loud I couldn't sleep." So the travel agent books the flea into Burt Reynold's mustache. A day later the flea comes back again, and says, "Burt's mustache smelled like cigars." So the travel agent books the flea into Lonnie Anderson's pubic hair. But the next day the flea shows up at the travel agent's again. The travel agent says, "What's the matter with you? You didn't like Lonnie Anderson's pubic hair? The flea says, "It was great at first. I loved the view and the perfumed breeze and the blonde hair." "Then," says the travel agent, "what's the problem?" "Well," says the flea, "after the first night I woke up again in Burt Reynold's mustache."
  • Cowboy12
    6 years ago
    Good actor and was fun to watch his comedies. Smokey and Bandit, Cannonball Run, Stroker Ace...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Good one Jack
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    >Now you've got me searching movie data base for movies besides Deliverance, and Longest Yard. How about the movies The Cannonball Run and The End. The TV show Evening Shade.
  • WetWilly
    6 years ago
    What a life he lived. He acted and directed 200 movies. R.I.P.
  • azdd
    6 years ago
    Definitely an icon! One of my favorites that has not been mentioned yet was Hooper, his tribute to stuntmen, and another great collaboration with Hal Needham.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    RIP Burt Reynolds. He acted in some great films. The list of his memorable performances is long - and brings back some great memories. He lived a good long life - and did lots of living in that long life too! I’m sure the stories he hasn’t told - are even wilder than the stories he has!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion