tuscl

The addicted stripper

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:24 AM
Choice? Disease? Both? I am not here to argue but at the end of the day it sucks... Everyone at some point has known a dancer or even a civi that is addicted to something. The choice was simple... dont try and take a 100% chance against addiction but they chose the dangerous route and now the disease has taken over. I want it turns to i need it turns to ill do anything for it. Girls have something valuable... their bodies. Normal girls saying i will never do this turn into girls that audition... for some the thrill or need or more turns into a desire to do more. Just one time turns into a regular and the cycle continues. Support and comfort and a listening ear are very important. They wont change unless they want to and your not going to fix that or fix them. Just be there and be willing to listen without judgement. Through support and encouragement they just might make it through this tough process... Just a PSA to all. PD

23 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    The important thing, that one must realize, is that a friend (or family member, or who ever) is in need. This is not the time for judgements. When drugs take hold, and get their hooks in, many people are powerless to their grasp. The cycle is brutal, as the drugs require money, sex work brings in money, but it feels awful and then the drugs help to keep things going. It’s a daily struggle, and it’s brutal. There are lots of girls (and guys) who say they would never let it get so bad. Self righteousness doesn’t help when someone isn’t sure if they should spend their last $20 on drugs or food. I’m an old, hardened, pervert. So I’m stepping well outside of my area of expertise, but when a friend is in need, many times they simply need someone to listen (and hear) without judgement. Offering a few kind words of insight doesn’t hurt either.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I don't denigrate dancers with drug/alcohol issues. I am sympathetic. That said, I don't try to fix dancers who have addiction problems. I'm quite simply not a part of their support network. In terms of dealing with addict dancers ITC... case-by-case basis, but I'm usually not enthusiastic. OTC?... pretty much never if I'm aware of the issue ahead of time. Partly because it makes me feel a bit horrible, but also because addict dancers are prone to desperate and dangerous decision making. I want no part of that.
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    6 years ago
    BUT I LOVE COKE!!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Of course you do! They advertise all over the place! Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, etc...
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    You can't help them and you won't. If its early enough, taking them out of that environment helps, otherwise its a lost cause. It always starts out harmless. They take a bump of coke to stay awake. Then they see it gives them confidence too. One bump turns into four. Then its every night they work. Then its an addiction. Then you have the ones who use downers and dope to relax and forget on their days off or before and or after work. Unless you have an emotional investment in them, cut them loose. Being there for them in any way will just make them see it as a weakness and try to use you. Its not necessarily them, its the drugs and the addiction. Ive had sex with addicts. They'll do just about anything but you really have to keep your distance and never let them get near your wallet
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    It seems that pd may be posting about 2 parallel tracks of addiction : 1) Alcohol and/or illicit drugs 2) The stripping job/gig/"career" itself. How one slides down the slippery slope of alcohol/drug addiction from "trying it" to a full blown addict is well documented, and is the aspect that posters have been latching on to. Yet no poster has considered that the stripping job itself can be an addiction. In the 2nd half of her post, pd mentions how some girls who "would never do it" take the 1st step to auditioning for a stripping gig leading to becoming immersed in the stripper lifestyle. For many, the quick money eclipses nothing they've seen in their prior low skill jobs. They may know in the back of their minds that stripper gig has a limited shelf life, yet the most immediate alternatives simply don't match the earnings/ work hours flexibility that stripping gig offers. Indeed, pd started a thread several months ago on the challenges she encountered on trying to break away from stripping by trying her hand at a non-stripping job. Thus, stripping and substance addiction becomes a vicious cycle that for some(many) can be a very difficult chain to break. If not formal help, having a mentor/life coach who has "been down that road and overcome" just might be a good start.
  • poledancer83
    6 years ago
    very good point minnow
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    It doesn't make the job an addiction. It makes it the most viable option some have
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’d agree that there is some level of “addiction” with stripping. I think it depends, though, on hustle style. Does a dancer has a steady stream of regulars who make up most of her income? I’d see it as a slow and steady wins the race kind of thing. And closer to a “normal job” (definitely the smart thing to do for slow season) Or is she going for the faster paced hustle? She’s constantly finding a new face. And each customer is like a slot machine. Except the winnings are stacked in your favor insread of against. Will you just be stuck with a crappy drink? Or will you get 20 of him? 40? 400? 800? The earnings are a combination of luck and skill and it’s fun. When I started out, my goal was to have a lot of regulars. But now, I prefer to be a “junkie”. I like the uncertainty.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I know from past experience that some women become addicted to the stripper lifestyle, phat boy you aren’t right.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    As a customer I have no interest in the lives and foibles of service providers. Dry cleaner; mechanic; lawn service; stripper, their personal lives are not my business nor on my radar.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    The lifestyle is a trap not an addiction. Thats why like hoes, they crave to be managed for the most part.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    If it’s a trap, then hopefully they are the trap queen. [view link]
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    But in all seriousness, I believe if a dancer can’t get through a shift sober, then she needs to find a new job. I’m not a saint 100% of the time either with drinking, but I do way more shifts sober than drunk.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @26. That's @25 +1 Some get addicted to the lifestyle itself. The hours, the attention, the freedom, ... Some just get "addicted" to the cash flow, unable to find another avenue where they can earn enough to keep them in the spending habits they become accustomed to. Drugs, clothes, gifts, shoes,...
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    flagoneer, those arent addictions, they're decisions necessary to maintain their lifestyle. That's like saying EBT is an addiction coz you need it, or being trapped in a minimum wage job is addictive coz you need it to survive and lack real options. The money gifts whatever are exaggerated, stripping isnt that lucrative really. Not given today's prices.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I agree they aren't addictions, but they are highly influential factors. As for the stripping not being very lucrative... Yes and no. Everything is relative. Many strippers don't have alternatives that come close the the earning potential of stripping.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    In my view it’s similar to debating whether the chicken or the egg came first, as the result is someone who is deep in a cycle of addiction. If a dancer needs drugs to get on stage, and then drugs to lessen the pain she feels from feeling used by customers, and she needs the money to feed her drug habit, and she needs the expensive handbags, cars, shoes, etc to make her feel better. It’s one of those self perpetuating cycles, that continues until it can’t. The lifestyle isn’t healthy, and it can continue for years. The challenge - in my uninformed view - is when a dancer decides to change - and live without the drugs, and then to find a job where she can make enough money to live a reasonable lifestyle. Another huge challenge is to maintain a reasonable budget.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Some girls get out of it, some don't end up very well. I know several who became nursing assistants, paralegals, medical billers. Others who ended up strung out hoes. Some just married.
  • gentleman_scholar
    6 years ago
    Stripping is an addiction. They love the attention and the money. Age cures the addiction because the attention and money degenerates, unless they have other addictions to support . . . then they just keep trying to be a stripper . . .
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    That's ridiculous. Its a very superficial reply from someone with little to no experience with strippers and hoes. I guess you're just a trick.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    If you're looking for an expert opinion on "the addicted stripper" we really need @family_man to chime in. Maybe he can reply after his OTC girl finishes shooting up in his car.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I thought RickiBoi was the expert in this area?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion