tuscl

PAD THAI

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
Isnt this shit the best food or nah?

28 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The preferred dish around here is vagina
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Pad Ped is better than Pad Thai imo, although Pad Thai is good. I am into really spicy foods, so I love an extra spicy Pad Ped or Potato Curry from Thai restaurants. I've also found Lard Na to be very good at the right Thai place and also with some spice. I luckily have some delicious Thai places in my area.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    But anyway, following my last post, Thai food is delicious. I love so many cuisines it is crazy. And if anyone is ever constipated, eat an Indian curry. It's delicious, and will clean you right out. To quote Leonard from The Big Bang Theory, "a clean colon is one less thing to worry about."

LOL
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Yum
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Pad thai is by far the worst dish created. Usually after eating a dish I fall into a diabetic coma, wake up to discover I have food poisioning and then spend the next 2 days on the shitter.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Some of it is pretty good.

Usually I get Yam Nua (spicy beef salad) or Tom Yum (soup)
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    Really love Shrimp Pad Thai. Surprisingly Noodles and Co does it relatively well all things considered.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I've always found Noodles and Co's Pad Thai to be very dry, and at the Noodle and Co I used to regularly go to there was an authentic Thai place 5 mins away that has some of the best Thai I've ever had for actually a cheaper price, but much larger portion, than Noodles and Co. But after not having ordered Pad Thai for about 8 years from Noodles, which I frequent, I randomly decided to get some from there (I was drunk so maybe that why). But I specified, "extra sauce" so it wouldn't be dry. They gave me a huge side of extra sauce lol. So it wasn't bad at all.

Steeldog65, if you like their Pad Thai, you probably would've loved their Indonesian Peanut Saute. Similar flavored but the latter dish had more flavor. They took it off the menu during their menu change for technical reasons and sooo many people complained. It was my favorite fucking thing there.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    someday I need to try thai.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    ^You've seriously never had Thai food before?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I’ve had Thai food exactly twice I have no idea what I had but it was good the first time terrible the second.
  • Lol not surprised he hasnt had Thai..some ppl dont have the privilege of living in multi cultural city :(

Mr wonderful both Mexican and Thai food are spicy..but the spice of the latter just seems to be filled with a more diverse combination to me
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    no... it's certainly worth a try to have Thai! even though I was born and raised in Los Angeles I've been deprived of ethnic foods beyond Italian. kind of weird because I'm actually mostly English and Dutch.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Both times I've had pad thai, I found it sickeningly sweet. Maybe they made with ketchup or maybe it was made traditional with tamarind and fish sauce but they still added sugar. I dunno. Unless I make it myself ... Pass!
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    LOL @ Papi_Chulo. fish tacos.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Born and raised in LA and never had Thai? Wow.

"Both times I've had pad thai, I found it sickeningly sweet."
    That is odd. Do you like spicey foods? Around here, they ask you if you want it mild, medium, hot, extra hot, or no spice. I usually get mine medium or hot.

Now I'm getting a curry dish, I usually ask for hot.

I want to go to Thailand at some point, and try traditional Thai street food curries. I might get diarrhea after eating a curry off the streets of Thailand, but that is fine.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    mmmm.... pink tacos!
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    I usually say "super hot" when they ask me at Chinese restaurant. I been trained to order that (super hot) when I want it hot (the hottest). Otherwise it is too weak. Not sure I told them that when I ordered the pad thai. Maybe I should have.

I can tolerate and prefer EXTREMELY spicy foods. Like my hot sauces at home I use at the table are 500,000 and 750,000 scoville units respectively (Ghost pepper Bhut jolokia, scorpion pepper). I grew up in a family where my aunt, grandma, and my aunt's employer were always trying to out-do each other to see who found make the hottest chili.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Back in the 70's my best friend owned a movie theater out in California. One of his employees was a Thai student. The student invited the 2 of us to a birthday party for his 23 yo sister. There were about 20 Thai students there and just the 2 of us Americans. We tried some Thai whiskey that was terrible. It reminded me of cheap Japanese Suntory whisky.

Anyhow the food was basically Khao Phat(fried rice). It was very spicy and good. There were lots of veggies in it but I don't think there was any dog in it. If I ever get to a Thai restaurant that is what I would order but there are none in my immediate area. Living in a town of 12,000 population does not support a lot of variety in restaurants.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Lol that's funny. I too like very spicy foods, and all the cuisines that make good curries or use lots of spices in general. A good hot sauce is a must.

There's a restaurant I go to a lot and one of the menus items rarely ordered is just a side of grilled whole jalapeños, topped with some sort of sauce and Mexican cheese. Obviously there are a lot of spicier peppers, but they're so good.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Grilled jalpenos do sound good. From the description of your palate nina, It sounds like I might like a place that served a better pad thai and perhaps I should try it again.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Nina, you'll have to forgive me, but given Nicole94's normal maturity level, I mistakenly thought you two were fawning and swooning over what amounts to a bowl of rice noodles with, forgive me here, sweet & sour sauce poured all of it. Much like a toddler might eat. Boom! Sippy cup wins again. ;)

[bows] Namaste.
  • It is hard to find a good Thai place in some cities.. Make sure to check reviews lolol cuz they usually more helpful than not regarding good quality , especially 4 eastern food..
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Dominic77 this might be because I just smoked a blunt but idk how to asses that last post of yours. Sorry.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    No worries, given how sheltered nicole acts, I actually thought the two of you were going ga-ga over a bowl of noodles and ketchup calling us all Archie Bunker.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Then I realized you cultured enough to actually find the real thing. And gave you credit for it.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Grilled jalpenos do sound good. From the description of your palate nina, It sounds like I might like a place that served a better pad thai and perhaps I should try it again."

Pad Thai is not my go-to Thai dish. I usually got with curries, since I like spicier.
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    I love to grill Jalapeno and Chipotle peppers.. Lightly brush with some olive oil, directly on the grill and lightly cover with Sea Salt. When they begin to blister you roll them and keep an eye on them until they are just blistered all over. I also stuff Chipotle peppers with cheese, onions and seasoned chicken and grill them
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion