tuscl

Trucks, trucks, and more trucks

mark94
Arizona
In a stunning Wall Street Journal Report they note Analyst group ACT Research says manufacturers are on track for 450,000 orders for heavy-duty trucks this year, easily breaking a 14-year-old record. In July alone, North American fleets ordered more than 52,000 trucks, the largest order in history. Whoot, Whoot !!

11 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    Where are these trucks going? All staying in North America?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I can see the advantages of trucks but my preference has always been for luxury sedans
  • Chilli_Powdurr
    6 years ago
    If I buy a truck would I look tougher?
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Heavy duty trucks means construction, which means booming economy.
  • Chilli_Powdurr
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy:

Trollwarnbot - definite troll account, and their comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    MackTruck keeps destroying the trucks.

(In all seriousness, I agree with doctorevil)
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    ^^MackTruck is the one buying them but it’s due to the economy. People are making money, buying more food, shitting more, and MackTruck is just trying to keep up with business.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i think 'heavy duty trucks' are the BIG trucks... especially class 7 and 8s. they rack up miles up to ten times more in a year than a pickup or car in general.

as to pickups and suv type vehicles... if it weren't for the gas consumption and gas cost... I'd be driving my old suburban instead of a prius.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    "Goldman Sachs believes earnings growth will "decelerate sharply" in 2019 as the US economy slows and the sugar rush from tax cuts fades."

It's getting close to time for those folks \, especially the younger ones that haven't been through thatb many business cycles, to start pulling back from equities, do what you like people,just remember markets change swiftly, we are always just one Trump statement away from a market pullback.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Here is what’s included:
    Class 5 and Classes 6-7 chassis and Class 8 trucks and tractors.
    Class 5 and Classes 6-7 segmented by Trucks, Buses, RVs, and Step Vans, Class 8 segmented by trucks with and trucks without sleeper cabs and tractors with and tractors without sleeper cabs.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago

George Will's article today: "Another economic collapse is coming"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/…

Article talks about the deficit which will reach over one trillion in 2019.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion