tuscl

Deployments

doctorevil
Evil Lair
So I’m at the San Antonio airport waiting to go back. There’s an Air Force sergeant in a combat uniform waiting to board. His wife and daughter are waiting with him. His daughter looks like she’s about 15. She’s obviously a daddy’s girl. His wife is handling everything ok, but his daughter clings to him up to the moment he boards, crying, and then when he disappears from sight, walks away sobbing while her mom hugs her. I almost wanted to cry myself. It kind of reassured me that maybe there’s a little but of humanity left even in this jaded PL.

8 comments

• SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Maybe nicespice made you soft in more ways than one.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    If she made me soft, that was the only way.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I would feel the same, but would probably cry.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    15? Would she have been too old for VM to comfort?
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    15? How about the 2 y.o s that cried frantically when their parents are separated for months.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Nothing wrong (or soft) about feeling another person’s pain.

At the daughters age - it must be brutal to have her father being deployed (considering the length of most deployments).

These are the additional costs of fighting in distant countries, and it’s very real pain.

If I can make a recommendation - it might help to visit NiceSpice to help distract you from the difficult situation you witnessed...
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Aw, that’s so sad.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion