tuscl

Preventing HIV?

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Any one know anything about this?

http://prepisliberating.org/

I saw a full page ad in our arts and entertainment news paper, the picture about Good Boys and Bad Boys.

SJG

Gnostic Mass, very well done!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amykXjr7…

Mysteries of the OTO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQGJEQ7…

14 comments

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    Technology is great.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ So had you heard about it? Know anything about it, any experience?

SJG
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    No direct experience. FWIR, PrEP is for high risk groups: say you're married to someone who's HIV positive, or (like @Flagooner) you have seven new male sex partners per month. HIV transmission risk is in the noise level for straight couples, even without condoms. Transmission risk is about 4 in 10,000 per encounter ( female -> male for HIV+ females). Also consider the cost which is something like $10,000 per year.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    You been fucking the wrong girls sjg
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    You need go find your women At the truck stop
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I agree, Truck Stop Honeys. :) :) :)

Yes, I had wondered about the cost being high.

And so it is intended for mongers? Or is it just for gay men?

And is it just for men?

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    On the web site it says, "Is Prep for everyone?" but then it says, "Everyone’s situation is different. PrEP is recommended for individuals with high risk of HIV exposure. That may include anyone in an ongoing relationship with an HIV positive partner; people who inject drugs; and men who have sex with men (MSM)."

So does this mean it is not for heterosexual mongers? And is it never for women?

Now they also have this after the fact pill, for those not on Prep:

"PEP (short for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis) is a pill that an HIV-negative person can take if they believe they have been exposed to HIV. PEP must be started within 72 hours of exposure or the effectiveness begins to decrease.

PEP is a daily pill that is taken for 28 consecutive days and should only be used in emergency situations.

PEP is for people not already on a daily PrEP regimen. If someone is using PrEP as prescribed, there is no need for them to begin PEP."

But for Prep they talk about being uninsured or under insured:

"Advancing Access provides assistance to appropriate patients who are uninsured or underinsured regardless of their citizenship status, or who need financial assistance to pay for PrEP. Program offerings include:

Access to counselors who can help patients and their providers with insurance-related questions, including coverage options.
    The Advancing Access Co-pay Coupon Program, which provides co-pay assistance for eligible patients (up to $4,800 in co-pays per year with no monthly limit).
    The Advancing Access PAP, which provides Gilead medications at no charge for eligible patients with no other insurance options. Patient must have annual income less than 500% of the FPL (in 2018, $60,700 for a one-person household).
    Contact: 1-800-226-2056 or visit www.gileadadvancingaccess.com
    "

So a first question of mine, does this mean that for hetersexuals that people are giving up on condoms and the old rules of Safe Sex? That is how this is coming across to me.

I don't think that could be the intent of the people pushing Prep, and the web site is from our County Dept Public Health.

SJG
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy:

san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is considered unstable and is widely mocked, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    How is this comment not legitimate?

I'm not saying that PrEP is a good idea for a low risk individual. But this is not illegitimate.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Now they've even got big picture ads for PrEP on the County Transit Buses. They feature giant drag queen images.

This kind of stuff is interesting because it implicitly accepts that sex is real and that you can't just preach abstinence.

SJG
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    OR...

For starters, just say no to ass fucking and intravenous drug use.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I had read a little bit about this and it appears very effective but it seems it's short of the equivalent of a vaccine - it appears to be a strong med but as with many strong meds it appears to have certain side-effects which I think requires monitoring of those side-effects - it seems they currently don't recommend it to be taken constantly but more for a certain amount of time if one is gonna be engaging in risky sex (which is probably most/all the time for some people) - I think this med is similar to the drug(s) one takes when HIV+ which I believe have pretty strong side-effects but I can't say I know a lot about the subject.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    No ass fucking?

Speak for yourself there rick!

SJG
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion