tuscl

Tj

Countryman5434
I entered the dragon and was never the same
I have read nothing but good things bout hk tj and zona norte! Has anyone ever went and not had a good time?

27 comments

• TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Yeah there're plenty of dead fishes and sharks down there too.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    There are lots of ways TJ can go horribly wrong. From a dead fish experience to getting robbed or worse. That is really no different than any other country in the world. If you do your research here, don’t act stupid, and remember that you are NOT in the U.S. where you can get away with talking back to cops or others in authority to some extent, you’ll be fine.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Last Tue about 2pm there was a cop wearing swat gear and mask holding an AR rifle walking up and down the street across HK. I didn't know what was going on and stayed inside instead of street walking.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    zona norte ain't disneyland.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    Just like a lot of places TJ has OK areas and shitty areas. The big difference is the shitty areas are REALLY shitty. They do have a horrible murder rate, but the majority of that is cartel violence. You can greatly reduce your risk of being impacted by that by not being involved in it...

Like Mr Wonderful said, it ain’t Disneyland. As a matter of fact Zona Norte outside of the block that HK is on is one of the most dangerous parts of TJ. Just as you wouldn’t go wandering around in some areas in the US, don’t go wandering around in areas in a foreign country that you don’t belong in. There is a heavy police presence in the alley and the Main Street and they generally keep things under control.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    So basicly don't leave the block or 2 hk is on right and taxi to and from border right?
    6 years ago
    Good friend of mine ended up in a TJ jail overnight when he carried a beer down the street and then got lippy when he was stopped by the cops. Scary but interesting stories came out of that little escapade.

Bottom line is respect their rules and don’t be a dick and you’ll be fine, don’t be a smart ass. BTW one of their rules is “it’s ok to pay for sex”.
    6 years ago
    BTW I have walked many of the streets in downtown in the daytime and never had any kind of issue. Some of the best restaurants are a bit off the beaten track and I have stayed in a couple of small but super nice little hotels that are a couple blocks off Revolution Ave for $15 a night. Even the panhandlers are ok. After dark I would not go to some of those places except by taxi.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Yes hotel Cascadas is big and you can stay several days just like any US hotels at home. You can request a new sheet each day and many towels per day.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    I have been here 6 times now since February. It's a fun place as you can see by all the reviews. During the day I don't mind walking around the block, eating some tacos while getting my shoes cleaned. But I don't walk around a lot, and not at all at night unless it's to the corner stand to get another taco then right back to HK. I have heard many gunshots at night. It's just not worth it. Just stay knocked the clubs or in the hotel and have fun.

You take a risk everytime you go here but just be smart. I will be there this Wednesday and lossibly Thursday. Anyone else going?
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    There are a variety of restaurants on Avenida Revolucion, walking distance from all the bars. If you don't want to leave the hotel though, Uber Eats delivers from dozens of restaurants right to your hotel. There is also a Domino's Pizza nearby that will deliver to your hotel.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    There're a few restaurants nearby that I saw club girls went to eat, and the fancy Azul is next door. I also saw some asian guys went into the chinese restaurant nearby.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I've had numerous meals and snacks at azul. some is definitely delicious. I somethings share a dinner with a girl either in the azul restaurant or in hk. when i do that i let her order for both of us. gives me more opportunities to expand my experiences.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    and not to mention my favored taco carts. good eating for a buck twentyfive.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    The rooms have flyers for two different restaurants. There is one for Azul and one for Mil Amores. Both deliver to your room.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Mmmm street tacos!
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Are all of the rumours about getting sick off street tacos in tj true or bullshit
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    We've had one guy post a negative story, his cell phone getting taken and then getting robbed by a cop. But he was also acting stupid.

They say that alley North of the HK bar and Adelitas is a place one should not go. The great alley with the Street Girls is the one South.

But the border is a high crime area for both countries.

I have never been there, but it sounds awesome, though I still am not really a fan of sex tourism. When I am there it will be part of bigger business plans and I'll quickly be seeing a girl regularly, and outside of the zona. Lots of such hotels, like listed on MLB, another mile or two South of the zona.

But the hometown girls should be able to do for you anything the TJ girls can.

About getting sick, Montezuma's Revenge, supposedly it can be from eating or drinking anything, even from ice cubes. I do not know. I've wondered if that is still true.

Things like soda pop or alcohol coming straight out of the bottle and not touching anything which has touched their water, should be okay. But I do not know.

Will one get sick just off of their women?

SJG
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I don't drink the tap water. I consume the ice. no problem in hundreds of visits since may 2014.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    They've just raised the price for the hk hotel today.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    dang.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Thanks for that info about food and water MisterWonderful. Maybe things are better now. Good to know that.

If you don't mind my asking, since there is talk of a rising hotel price. When you check into their hotel, are you assuming that you will be finding a girl for TLN? Are you assuming just one or more extended sessions? 3 hours maybe.

Can one make those assumptions at the other bars with hotels, like Chicago Club, Dulce Gabanna? Fracaso? Playboy Bar?

Or is it better to wait until you have the girl on your arm? Some girls might have other obligations, so they can't be available to do TLN on a moment's notice.

SJG

Jim Gaffigan Knows Why The Elderly Go To Church
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyGV4Lg…

A Little Smalltalk / Timothy Budd (1987)

The New Gilded Age
    http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2018…

“Bring the War Home”: The Long History of White Power and Paramilitary Violence in the United States
    https://www.democracynow.org/2018/7/24/b…
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy:

san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is considered unstable and is widely mocked, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I usually don't push for TDN. if it happens... then good.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    What is TDN?
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    It's overnite stay. I met a new SG and offered her all day & overnite with me for $500 and she gladly agreed, she's 19, a 9 imo, have just worked only 1 month, and she's addicted to her cellphone. Message me if you want her #.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    should be TLN. not tdn.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion